selling on e-bay??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tori23

Reaction score
evening all. i have been tidying out my wardrobe and have a loads of bin bags full of stuff - clothes, shoes, bags ect theat i dont know what to do with. a girl at work has suggested selling on e-bay as i have hardly worn most of it anyway.
i'll get to the point - does or has anyone tried selling stuff on e-bay??
i'd love to hear any stories good and bad

thanks tori xx

Hello

I have sold some clothes on ebay which have either only been worn once or never worn some with tags on.

I have found that designer clothes sell really well like next wallis etc. I've been lucky as I have not had any problems with ebay or buyers.

hth

Jan x

I sell lots of my childrens clothes on ebay. Especially 'designer' ones. Also cd's and toys too.

Is there anything specific you'd like to know? I'll see if I can help.:)

Every time my son buys something for his car (hes always modifying it) like a janspeed exhaust, new look lights etc he puts the original ones that came with the car on e-bay and they always get snapped up.
Ive sold loads of 45's (as in records) and made quite a few bob, all you need is a few people bidding after the same thing and you can make a killing lol

Get them on e-bay i say :green:

if the e-bay thing dosn't work out why don't you try giving them to a local woman's shelter? I'm sure there are many women who are in need......and it would give you that warm and fuzzy feeling of doing something that would be appreciated....

I've brought and sold loads on ebay its fab,make sure you allow enough for postage,a good tip is to see what others charge for similar item,otherwise you might under or over charge! good luck x

thanks to everyone for replying!! the idea of donating the clothes is such a nice idea i will do it if i cant work out the e-bay. all my clothes are really tiny tho i get loads of childrens clothes cos they fit me better!! i think they maight sell because i cant be the only really petite person - im sure someone will stumble upon the listing and think 'fantastic' i'll let evryone know how it goes xx

hello i agree with all the above i sold some stuff on ebay last summer and ended up with all my spending money for my holiday about 350.00 seling over a month . if you want a good tip have your listing end on a Sunday tea time because most people go on on a sun and you will get more bids this way it also helps to start your bids at 0.99 or 1.99 as they like to think they are getting a bargain hope this helps :green:

thanks for the tip hollywoodnails - i cant believe you made £350!! thats fantastic - im guessing you had to sell lot of stuff to raise that much!! how do you know how much the postage will cost?? is it a total guess or is there somewhere u can find out??

how do you know how much the postage will cost?? is it a total guess or is there somewhere u can find out??

The post office can give you leaflet with details all postage costs for you. It will depend on the size and weight of yor parcel. Just remember to add a little extra for packaging costs.

hth

I sell all my old junk on e-bay, just be warned though it is quite a time consuming task taking photos uploading the images writing the descriptions. Then when you sell you have to be quite organised when packing and posting the items.

I love ebay for selling clothes etc and have made quite a bit of money over the years. good tip is to end your listings at about 8-9pm so people are in from work and had their tea and dont miss out on your auctions! I know it has been said before but a good tip is to start your listing with a low bid 0.99p it encourages more bidders.

i just listed my 1st item on e-bay!! it was quite time consuming and a bit confusing trying to get it all right but i think i have done it!! am v excited cant wait unitll i can actually see it on there!! thanks to everyone who gave me tips and advice it was all very well appreciated XXXX

if the e-bay thing dosn't work out why don't you try giving them to a local woman's shelter? I'm sure there are many women who are in need......and it would give you that warm and fuzzy feeling of doing something that would be appreciated....

I know I'm a bit late to add to this but, what I do is list things on ebay, then if they dont sell, I re-list them twice more and if they still dont sell they go to a charity shop.

So sort of combining what melissaq says and ebay together!

God luck with your sale. (rushes off to check for ebay bargains now...:green: )

right well, i listed the darn item at about 11.30 and i still cant find it on e-bay!! should it take this long?? i thought i had done well!! :irked:

right well, i listed the darn item at about 11.30 and i still cant find it on e-bay!! should it take this long?? i thought i had done well!! :irked:

Normally instant unless you put a delayed start time on it. Have you looked in 'My Ebay'? It will show you in there.

what bugs me about ebay is that when you buy something from someone they don't leave feedback until you have left yours first...this is backwards...if i have paid then my part is done and i should get feedback based on my part..ie the fact that i paid....not as a reward to leaving them positive feedback first.

I always leave feedback for those who have purchased from me as soon as they have paid....

i purchased something from a bloke and instead of leaving feedback with regards to the transaction he left "lots more great stuff in my shop.."...what has that got to do with how i am as a ebayer ???...

moan over...xx

Dont sell cds on ebay - people copy them say they are faulty send them back them hound you for a refund!

A scary threatening bloke put me off selling on ebay for life!! i ended up refunding his whole amount he paid plus his postage costs for the inconvenience of him sending it back to me.

Saying that - I'm presuming he is in the minority!

i never seem to do any good out of ebay !

I buy a bit but rarely sell owt.

Latest posts

Back