Semi permanent eyelash PLEASE HELP?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellotasha

Reaction score
Ok i did my course on wed and yesterday i tried to do a set on my mum and they just looked awful. Im finding it really hard getting them onto ONE lash ill attach it then they all end up clumpy. I saved for ages for this course and now i feel like ive wasted my money. Im so upset :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hang in there, your first sets won't be as good as you hope because you are learning a new skill. Using both tweezers doing different functions is an artform with precise skill. Also, using a glue that is too thick will make life more difficult for you. You just need to keep practising and you will find with each set you will get better and better.

Go slow and don't be so hard on yourself!

Francesca

im just not doing them right though they dont even look how they should

Have a look at this......YouTube - Individual Eyelash extensions - extending top and bottom eyelashes

YouTube - Eyelash Extensions

YouTube - EYELASH EXTENSIONS

some examples how the procedure, it varies slightly from person to person, but the basics are the same, it's really hard and with so many smaller points to get right ie the amount of glue on the lash, the correct pacement etc, its not something that you just pick up easily, it takes lots and lots of practice, I did my training about 5 months ago and am still practcing yet, with soooo much more to learn, stick in there and hopefully we will get there in the end!! xxxx

Just follow your instructions and follow the lash you are attaching the s-p lash to.

No one is an expert at the first go. After just 3 sets you will be more comfortable with the whole procedure.

If you let yourself feel defeated after the first go it won't do you any good. Take your time to get things right, and if you have too much adhesive on the lash, then just quickly wipe a tad off on the eye pad beneath where you are working before attaching it and they won't clump so much.

im just not doing them right though they dont even look how they should

DONT PANIC :lol: Like Francesca said, its your first set, you cant expect to be fab in one go. Practise practise practise, get yourself some strip lashes and practise in the evening, even if you just practise isolating, doing this on strip lashes is alot more difficult than on natural lashes though so dont forget that. Are you using a glue ring, this will mean you arent reaching too far for your glue and losing your isolated lash (it may help). Take a deep breath, remove mums lashes and start again (if mum doesnt mind that is). You will be fine, dont give up at the first hurdle. I never lashed longer than 2 hours when I first started because I found I just couldnt concentrate after that. If you are lashing mum or a friend for 2 hours and you need longer, have a cuppa, walk around, then get back to it, you will feel refreshed and your eyes wont have gone cross eyed, I appreciate you cant do this with a paying client, but if you are just practising with family and friends then you can, hope that helps xxx

hi, i did my course in August,and like you saved up.and was so excited when the time came to start, now! when i practised on the dummy head i took to it like a duck to water, i thought wow i'm a natural at this, but when it was time to change on to a real model i was absolutely rubbish,i lost my patience and went home all deflated, i thought this is not for me, then my sister very kindly said come on don't give up practise on me,well , rubbish again, so i phoned my tutor told her how i felt, and went back on another day to listen in ,i went home feeling much more possitive,so now i must say i love doing them now, and my clients are well pleased, they've rebooked for infills, it does take time as with everything, Rome wasn't built in a day, so keep practising, and as francessca said take it slow, you will get there.

I will just keep practicing, i am going to remove my mums lashes on tue and try again. My bf said i can practice on him as long as i remove them right after i have done it. I really want this so bad it helps to know im not the only one like this xx

I actually found applying and removing lashes in the same session was a great way to practice. I probably only put 20 lashes on each eye and then removed them.
It let me practice taping down the lower lashes, isolating, lash placement etc. It meant people werent lying for hours while I practiced. I was much more relaxed, knowing that they were only there for practice and knew they weren't expecting to leave with a full set of gorgeous lashes.

It is dependent on you having some very kind friends. (not just females either)!!!

Good luck. It is all down to practice, practice, practice. And good support from your trainer don't forget. You paid a lot of money for their training. Don't be scared to go back for help.

im still not very good if its a long thick lash it goes on great when i get to the tiny lashes thats where about 3 lashes are getting stuck! I get one eye looking great then the other looks awful. Its really getting me down i dread doing them and then when im doing them i feel ill cause i know its a waste of my time. Plus a set is taking me 3 hours and they still aint done proper

Think you're being too hard on youself. Is it not just a week since your training!!!!

The girls on here have given you loads of support and the video tutorials are really helpful but everyone has told you that it DOES take practice. (Believe me, we all felt like giving up when we first started)!

Unfortunately there is no substitute for loads of practice but I think you'll find it easier if you accept it IS as difficult skill and no-one can be doing a decent set of lashes after a week.

Please give yourself a break. Tell yourself that you are going to practice for another month at least. You'll be amazed at how much you'll improve in that time.

Hi Tasha I think the other Girls are right, like anything it takes practice and time. I think expecting yourself to be great it it when you have just trained is being bit hard on yourself.
I have a good friend who has also Trained to do Lashes and I know for the first month or so she practiced loads on very willing Friends and Family. Keep in there you will be fine.

I have not yet done Lashes and am currently looking in to some courses, have made some enquiries but would like a bit of Advice! I know it sounds silly but are all Lashes the same? Is the Training you get the same from different company's? And can anyone recommend good courses out there? And what is roughly the price?

Thank you x

Hi Tasha I think the other Girls are right, like anything it takes practice and time. I think expecting yourself to be great it it when you have just trained is being bit hard on yourself.
I have a good friend who has also Trained to do Lashes and I know for the first month or so she practiced loads on very willing Friends and Family. Keep in there you will be fine.

I have not yet done Lashes and am currently looking in to some courses, have made some enquiries but would like a bit of Advice! I know it sounds silly but are all Lashes the same? Is the Training you get the same from different company's? And can anyone recommend good courses out there? And what is roughly the price?

Thank you x

Hi Tiffany,

Not all lashes are the same. Some are made from different plastic/acrylics. I swear by Eyelash Emporium Eyelash Extensions. They do their own brand and teaching. A lot of research has gone into their lashes, as they are located in Pinewood Studios (film industry) so everything needs to be of the highest quality. Everything you need to know is covered in the 1 day intensive training day (i.e. no 'master courses') and the aftercare/ support is brilliant.

Check it out!

xxx

Hi Thank you for your adverse. Its so hard knowing what brand to go with and best value you for money as its not cheap lol! Have Emailed a few different companies Nouveau lashes, wow factor, and Glam lashes. I will look in to Emporium and Email them. Xx

Advise lol excuse the spelling x

i did my eyelash extension training with the beauty academy, for obvious reasons i cant be unkind, but i would really suggest that you choose an alternative.

Hi Tasha.... I agree with Francesca but then maybe I might as she was my professional trainer and remains my mentor but it took me a little while to get it all going completely right and yes, when I felt I had messed up she was always there to encourage me. Now I think Im reasonably competent - well I havent yet poked anyone in they eye with sharp objects! Individual Eyelash Extensions are a real skill in our trade but its worth the effort to practice and you will get there....stick with it :)

Hey
Have a look at our lash courses, we have had some great feedback from salon geek students. Good luck, make sure you get an accredited course for insurance purposes.

www.Hallsofivy.co.uk

xx

Hi. Who is the Beauty Academy? So confusing knowing who to go with. Have narrowed it down to Epourium and Glam Lashes. These seems good value for money and have been very helpful with sending Info to me and answering any questions I have.

Any last advice on which one to go with??? X

Don't give up Hellotasha,

I was feeling the same, i'm the only only where i work who does them, so couldn't ask any of the other girls for advise, rang my rep but she had just left the company. so wasn't enjoying doing it at all. was told by the company to do 6 case studies before being let loose of "real people". still hated doing them.:mad::mad::mad: just thought it was so much money, and i wasn't happy with them!

i've now done about 12 sets. something has clicked and i love doing them!!!! can't wait to do more!!!:lol::lol::lol:

it will happen just keep praticing!!!!!

Latest posts

Back