September 11, 2001 -- We will never forget!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ms.Matrix

Tweetacular Geek!
Reaction score
I will never forget dropping my son off at school that morning and going back home. I sat down and watched the news..which I never did, I always went back to sleep. My friend called and we talked while she was on her way to work. I remember the breaking news story that a plane had struck the World Trade Center, I remember them thinking that it was an accident at first, that a pilot had maybe be blinded by the sun or was unwittingly flying to low, the speculations went on and on for a few minutes....

I remeber when the plane hit the second tower, I sat there watching horrified, speechless, knowing that this is not a mistake, we are under attack somehow. I remember the thoughts and the worry that took over my mind, I remember thinking of close friends that stayed in NY and wondering and hoping that they were not anywhere near the towers....I remember the pain...

I remember hearing about the Pentagon and the other plane that crashed in the field, I definately felt attacked. I got up and ran up to my son's school to get him, along with so many other worried, shocked and upset parents. I remember wondering "Is this the end?"

I got back home and sat glued for hours in front of my television screen unabled to move, unable to speak...I remember the towers collapsing....

I sat and cried, I cried for my country, I cried for all the innocent life that was lost as I saw people running down this NYC street away from the smoke and the dust and the debris. I could feel the pain just as if I were there. Why not crash the Statue of Liberty? That would hurt America, why kill innocent people to make a point?? I sat and questioned myself over and over again. I had heard of terrorists, but never had it hit this close to home or frightened me so badly....Were we next? Where are they going to strike next?? Will it be Detroit? Will it be Chicago? I live in one of the top 5 biggest cities in the country, surely they would want us too!!!!

I remember going to sleep that night and actually dreaming I was there clearing the rubble of the fallen towers and even in the dream I remember the stench of the dust from the buildings, and the jet fuel, when I woke up I was more shocked and horrified then when I laid down to sleep.

I have never been affected by something so much in my life. I am apalled that this government of mine didn't do enough to stop it (I have more theories that I may or may not share in my journal) I still hurt to this day. I can't watch the documentaries or the reenactments, I was sittiing there watching it all 5 years ago...I don't want to relive it....

I just would like to have this thread as a tribute to all those who perished on 9/11, all the police and firefighters that risked their lives to save others, to the individuals on flight 93 that took the terroists down and prevented more lives from being lost...WE WILL NEVER FORGET!!! :cry:

I remember it well.just like to say God Bless to all those that lost their lives and to all the family,friends and associates of those people left behind.I have watched several films relating to this and they are so,so sad.

What a sad day this is today!!!
It is hard to believe that it is five years already!!!
The loss of so many innocent lives, and the despair to the loved ones left behind..

There are so many Movies, documentaries etc..about 911.... There are also conspiracy theories that the Government was behind it ( all in the name of Oil) It sure makes one wonder!!!

God Bless America, Our next door Neighbor !!!

Sincerely
Janet
the nail fairy:Love:

What a sad day this is today!!!
It is hard to believe that it is five years already!!!
The loss of so many innocent lives, and the despair to the loved ones left behind..

There are so many Movies, documentaries etc..about 911.... There are also conspiracy theories that the Government was behind it ( all in the name of Oil) It sure makes one wonder!!!

God Bless America, Our next door Neighbor !!!

Sincerely
Janet
the nail fairy:Love:
I too believe this...but I will not go into it right now, I will say this...Funny how Bush won when Gore had more votes...I does make you wonder!!!

Our hearts & prayers go out to all those affected by this tradgedy.
May we never have to see anything like that ever again.:hug:

I will never forget dropping my son off at school that morning and going back home. I sat down and watched the news..which I never did, I always went back to sleep. My friend called and we talked while she was on her way to work. I remember the breaking news story that a plane had struck the World Trade Center, I remember them thinking that it was an accident at first, that a pilot had maybe be blinded by the sun or was unwittingly flying to low, the speculations went on and on for a few minutes....

I remeber when the plane hit the second tower, I sat there watching horrified, speechless, knowing that this is not a mistake, we are under attack somehow. I remember the thoughts and the worry that took over my mind, I remember thinking of close friends that stayed in NY and wondering and hoping that they were not anywhere near the towers....I remember the pain...

...WE WILL NEVER FORGET!!! :cry:

its strange because i was doing the housework and i had sky news on, i never watch the news......i know of a few people who say the same that they watched it happen on the news when on any other day they wouldn't even be watching the news.

:hug: xx :hug: xx :hug:

I never watch news. Or read newspapers. Or listen to the radio. Simply because of all the painful things in the world that occur that I have no power over.

I'm in Quebec Canada. An hour's drive from the US border and entering New York.
I remember that day very vividly. I was 8mths preggers, sat down with my morning tea and turned on the tele to watch my morning show. It wasn't on. I channel surfed without paying attention, then noticed it was the same on every channel. I was confused, stunned, shocked, horrified. Holding my stomach wondering if it was WWIII
As I said on a previous thread, my cousin in NY worked in one of the towers and it wasn't until the next night that we could learn if she was safe or not. We called and called and couldn't get through on the phone.
She was thankfully late to work that day.
She apparently wasn't too late to need counselling though and saw a few things...
My uncle was retired as a firefighter, had only been so for less than a year. We were thankful.

I am against war in more ways than one. It's a terrible thing. I'm also against terrorism obviously.
It was a shameful day, so much lost.

And then months later, seeking retribution, more lives lost, due to Bush..

I can only hope that something was learned on that day by those that caused and those that sought revenge (which only results in more loss) and hope that the future will be a brighter place and one day we won't have to worry about such things.

i to can't believe 5 years have passed since that day, i was at work and remember the story coming over the radio, my boss and i turned the tv on, and stayed glued to it for the next few hours, we truly believed we would see big ben being hit next,
i was so lucky this year to vist new york for my honeymoon, it a place i've always wanted to go(and would love to back again) it a wonderful city. we found our selfs at ground zero it is a huge space and a little too much to take in i guess, but we had to go to pay our respects to all those who lost their lifes. god bless them all xx

I remember being at work and someone said a plane had gone into the Word Trade Centre in New York, I remember thinking what is that, where is that,totally confused, a bit later on that day, it was mid afternoon, someone said one of the towers had collapsed...again, what, I don't understand, what do you mean it has collapsed, I could not envisage what had happened......

Then I got home and saw it on the TV OMG, what a thing to see in this world and I hope I never have to see it again......my heart goes out to all the survivors and those who lost their loved ones xxx

My little boy was only 5 days old when this happened, it was the first day we'd gone out with him. I remember crying with husband, asking him what sort of world we had brought our baby into. I'll never forget that day.:cry:

I to, sat horrified that morning! Same thing, got up, boyfriend had tv on, my "usual" show wasn't on. Took me awhile to figure out what was happening.

Sent kids off to school, then sat down to watch this nightmare unfold, sat there for hours in shock! OMG!! I couldn't believe what I was watching!

Its not only the people who perished that day, but now, due to the dust, debris, and such, people are getting cancer, lung diease, breathing problems, etc. Now these people get to suffer more! More families get to go through H3LL! More lives will be taken away!! Not only do the survivors & families suffer mentally, they are suffering physically!!

Canada is also a target! And I wish our Country would take this abit more seriously, and beef up the security for our Country! Our Gov't's to stupid!! But, that's a whole other story!

God Bless !!

I was pregnant with my second child at the time and was feeding my daughter when my husband rang from work to tell me "quick turn on the TV the tourists had hit a building with a plane!" I was puzzled and turned on the telly and saw the second plane hitting the twin towers. I realised that the silly bugger meant terrorists. I cried for hours and wandered what kind of a world was i bringing my son into and all of my children. I was convinced it would be a war of gigantic proportions to get them back. It was an awful day, but the things that have been done in retribution are just as bad in my opinion.
If the world was run by women it would be a happier and safer place, I think. (Except maybe when its PMT time!)
xxx:hug:

I remember hearing about the Pentagon and the other plane that crashed in the field, I definately felt attacked. I got up and ran up to my son's school to get him, along with so many other worried, shocked and upset parents. I remember wondering "Is this the end?"

I got back home and sat glued for hours in front of my television screen unabled to move, unable to speak...I remember the towers collapsing....

I sat and cried, I cried for my country, I cried for all the innocent life that was lost as I saw people running down this NYC street away from the smoke and the dust and the debris. I could feel the pain just as if I were there. Why not crash the Statue of Liberty? That would hurt America, why kill innocent people to make a point?? I sat and questioned myself over and over again. I had heard of terrorists, but never had it hit this close to home or frightened me so badly....Were we next? Where are they going to strike next?? Will it be Detroit? Will it be Chicago? I live in one of the top 5 biggest cities in the country, surely they would want us too!!!!

I remember going to sleep that night and actually dreaming I was there clearing the rubble of the fallen towers and even in the dream I remember the stench of the dust from the buildings, and the jet fuel, when I woke up I was more shocked and horrified then when I laid down to sleep.

I have never been affected by something so much in my life. I am apalled that this government of mine didn't do enough to stop it (I have more theories that I may or may not share in my journal) I still hurt to this day. I can't watch the documentaries or the reenactments, I was sittiing there watching it all 5 years ago...I don't want to relive it....

I just would like to have this thread as a tribute to all those who perished on 9/11, all the police and firefighters that risked their lives to save others, to the individuals on flight 93 that took the terroists down and prevented more lives from being lost...WE WILL NEVER FORGET!!! :cry:

This is the 1st time I have heard a US citizen's views and found it very moving.

5 yrs has gone so fast.I remember being glued to the news and sitting in shock.As an english family looking on at the tragic and horrifiying event we felt for every american and I believe it has brought both nations together and made us much stronger.

Latest posts

Back