Seriously worried-customer made fake trade account!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perfect example my lovely. Let the silly moo blag it cheap. Everyone can paint their own nails, everyone can do their own make-up, so why do they come to a pro for it to be done?

My point here is not that she should have been alowed to blag it, it's that millyaulait shouldn't get stressed about it because she is a professional that will do a much beter job.

Sorry, I don't word things very well sometimes!

x

When I took a brake from hairdressing I use to use a friend's account (we trained together) as that wholesale needed insurance papers which I didn't have (it was only for my use)

Now I'm with a different wholesale and they only needed to see my qualification and prof of address but they did question my nail tech paper work as it was from vtct and they had never heard if them

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

There will always be people who blag, fake certificates, professions ect.
We can either do two things.
1. Turn a blind eye.
2. Drop them in.
If we do the best to our abilities and go by the rules at least we can hold our heads high, but there will always be cheats and chancres unfortunately :( x x

There will always be people who blag, fake certificates, professions ect.
We can either do two things.
1. Turn a blind eye.
2. Drop them in.
If we do the best to our abilities and go by the rules at least we can hold our heads high, but there will always be cheats and chancres unfortunately :( x x

I do agree with that, but I think there are extra measures that companies can put in place to lower the risk. I personally think that having a company representative visit in person to initially open an account pretty much stops any non-professional from getting an account.

Most of the big professional companies I have used in my career have done this, Jessica, Decleor, Sothy's, Elemis, CACI, Aromatherapy Associates, Thalgo etc etc, so it must be an affordable option. It has to remembered that not all purchasers are qualified as the salon buyer/opener will not always be a therapist themselves, so the rep visit I feel is probably the most useful method of ensuring a brand stays professional.

I do agree with that, but I think there are extra measures that companies can put in place to lower the risk. I personally think that having a company representative visit in person to initially open an account pretty much stops any non-professional from getting an account.

Most of the big professional companies I have used in my career have done this, Jessica, Decleor, Sothy's, Elemis, CACI, Aromatherapy Associates, Thalgo etc etc, so it must be an affordable option. It has to remembered that not all purchasers are qualified as the salon buyer/opener will not always be a therapist themselves, so the rep visit I feel is probably the most useful method of ensuring a brand stays professional.

Oh defiantly, they need to do there part too. Like I said I opened an account at a wholesalers near me and she barely looked at my certificate, and it could of easily been a copy.
Maybe they should follow up people who apply so they no they are genuine.
X

With Sally's it seems to depend on the branch as to who they will sell to and if they want proof of who you are.
I've misplaced my trade card so have to order a new one. On a few occasions I've given my name and postcode and have bought items easily without being asked for anything else. However the last time I went to a branch in Glasgow which I don't usually buy much from, I was asked for the usual info but was then asked if I had any proof of ID. I was delighted to be asked as it meant they were actually checking who they were selling too. I have a 'friend' who likes the idea of me having a Sally's trade card and knows my name, address etc. I know that she has used this once in the past and would love it if she were caught out at the till :D
This particular Sally's store also refused to sell something to the 2 girls in front if me as they were not professionals. Not sure what they were trying to purchase. I hope other Sally's stores will be putting these restrictions in place.

I'm Shocked Sally's stored fluctuate. By me any joe blogs can go in and buy whatever they can see, it's the main reason I refuse to shop there.
I wouldn't mind them having a "public" shop where shampoo, conditioner, styling products, brushes, combs, clips flat irons and dryers were on sale at their rrp with chemicals and professional use only items in another room. But it infuriates me there's nothing on the door to say no access to the public. Both my local warehouses have large signs on the door saying anyone who isn't trade is not allowed past the door, it scares my oh so much he waits in the car and won't get out xoxo

I'm a professional, have all the certificates and insurance to prove it but when I went into Sally's a few years ago and asked them what they needed I was told nothing unless I wanted trade discount!!!

When I joined Capital I went in with a friend who was a member and they just spoke to one of the women said I wanted an account and they gave me one - I didn't give any proof of profession.

This was quite a few years ago, I'd hoped it would of changed now.

I have two sallys near me, one strictly card holders only, one card holders and public. Trade get a cheaper price to the public and they don't stock things like gelish... I was asked for my card after seeing someone buy without a card, and I said to the til lady "yes I do but what's the point-she has just bought items without a card" to which I was told as a trade person you get a discount on the price you see...

I trained with Bio and you can only buy from them if you have trained with them, Yes you can buy from ebay but you certainly don't get a good deal! Xx

i had a trade account with sally's and alan howard all before i even got my certificate to say i was qualified they wanted no id, and no insurance policy i only wanted to compare all prices to see who would offer the best deal.

However since now becoming qualified i see more and more who are able to gain trades cards. i was expecting a no and i clearly said i was studying at the moment.

With Sally's it seems to depend on the branch as to who they will sell to and if they want proof of who you are.
I've misplaced my trade card so have to order a new one. On a few occasions I've given my name and postcode and have bought items easily without being asked for anything else. However the last time I went to a branch in Glasgow which I don't usually buy much from, I was asked for the usual info but was then asked if I had any proof of ID. I was delighted to be asked as it meant they were actually checking who they were selling too. I have a 'friend' who likes the idea of me having a Sally's trade card and knows my name, address etc. I know that she has used this once in the past and would love it if she were caught out at the till :D
This particular Sally's store also refused to sell something to the 2 girls in front if me as they were not professionals. Not sure what they were trying to purchase. I hope other Sally's stores will be putting these restrictions in place.

Good to know some of the scottish branches are doing this in one near Glasgow the manager tells customers how easy Gelish is to do!!!!!!!!!!:sad:

In my local Sally's they asked for a letter from the college, but they haven't ask for proof of qualifications since x

The sweet squared shop in Leeds surprises me. At the till they ask you for your customer number and if you can remember it they ask for your name and address details. They dont provide you with a trade card and they dont ask for ID. It really surprises me from a company like s2, the system is wide open to abuse.

That I guess depends on whether the brands ethos is to stay professional or to maximise sales sadly.

Latest posts

Back