shall i give up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

realisticbeauty

Reaction score
I done an eyelash extension course in february but I am already feeling I am going to give up. After 4 days people are saying they have all fallen out:eek:. I dread doing them now which is hard for me as I have never felt like this with a beauty treatment before I usually like the challenge. I have asked if they have followed the after care advice and they say yes.

Do you think it is the way I am applying them or do you think I need a higher strenght glue if so please can you recommend one.

have you seen them fours days after? have they really all fallen out?

what product are you using hon? I trained with and use nouveau. Also what aftercare advice are you giving them? Sometimes, customers tell us they have been following aftercare but really they havent (shocking eh?) . so am jsut wondering if you are unlucky. Are you using a protein cleanser before applying the lashes? are you using a sealer afterwards?

so many questions but am sure we will get to the bottom of it eventually!

I haven't been doing them very long but I would think first about the prep of the lashes. Are you priming them properly and then the glue, of course. If you let us know what lashes and glue you are using then someone who uses that system will answer your question.

Have you contacted your trainer for advice, they should be available to help you in this type of situation. :cry:

Well firstly I don't believe that all the lashes from all the clients you have done, have fallen out. Even with giving out aftercare information some clients still don't know how look after them.

Go back to your trainer and explain, could be there was a batch of glue that wasn't up to scratch even.

I use flirties lashes. I go through the aftercare with them and with flirties they also have an aftercare leaflet to take away with them. I use the primer first then a mascara wand to brush through the lashes. I roll the glue in my hands before use and I apply flirties sealant afterwards:cry:

I have seen a few of them after 4 days and there are only 10-15 lashes left:eek:. Others have just told me and cancelled their top up as they dont think its worth coming back in.

look dont despair, i am certain flirties can help you get the hang of this. please give them a call and tell htem that you are struggling. how long have you had the glue? is it still in date?

I dont know about the mascara bit as i am not trained in flirties, but maybe they are using a non oil free remover that evening to get it off and its affecting the life of the lashes?

call flirties hon

tigi
xx

I use flirties lashes. I go through the aftercare with them and with flirties they also have an aftercare leaflet to take away with them. I use the primer first then a mascara wand to brush through the lashes. I roll the glue in my hands before use and I apply flirties sealant afterwards:cry:

I have seen a few of them after 4 days and there are only 10-15 lashes left:eek:. Others have just told me and cancelled their top up as they dont think its worth coming back in.

Are they getting them wet before the 48 hr period? Perhaps they are going into steamy bathrooms/saunas etc? It could even be down to oily face cream which a lot of people use.

Just because you give them the aftercare does'nt mean they follow it! Beleive it or not some clients even pull them out!

On the other hand, if you are still using the same glue since February, it could be time to try a fresh pot. Although it has a 9 month shelf life, it can get a bit gloopy after 6 months. Think back - is it something thats recently started happening or has it always been like that, is it always the same clients?

By asking yourself and your clients questions, you wil get to the bottom of it.

Don't give up, try a different model and monitor her.:hug:

Latest posts

Back