Share your mobile experiences

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh dear, no you are not being thick! That is a definite typo, will be corrected ASAP! Thanks for pointing it out x

Am I being thick, what's a costumer? Do you mean customer or is it a groupon thing?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Lol I was wondering that too! Glad you asked! :)

Ok geeks, new cartoon strip coming on Monday! Thank you so much for your input, I will let you know by the end of the day who's tale is the inspiration for our next strip. Now onto the next, tell me what you love the most about your job, a nice story maybe? Inspire us geeks! Xx

Remember if you post them on our Facebook page and we see your profile picture we can customise it to look like you! You can share with your clients, or friends depending on subject matter, great free advertising! Xx

I've had a cat sit on my shoulder while doing a set of nails :)

I loved it. See the thing is clients always ask "are you of with cats, dogs, gerbils ect" I love animals and have no problem at all. They are less trouble than children :)
Vicki x

Lol iv had a kitten hanging off my arm whilst doing a facial. I love cats but had to give this one a shake to get if off , their claws are soo sharp!! Xx

Im forever having the same lady call me to make an appointment for a spray tan or nails, then after arranging it she texts again to change it, then again to cancel as she finds she wont have time for it. I feel like shouting at her "I'M NOT YOUR SLAVE!!"

Had to go out to someone in the snow and ice to a lady on the 3rd floor with no lift. Parked at the top of the hill because I would have got stuck if I had driven down. Dragged my stuff down the hill to her block, press the buzzer only for her to answer saying "I've decided not to go out tonight in this awful weather, so won't be needing you now" !!!! Aaaaaahhhhhh!!!!

She doesn't get appointments anymore, I'm always fully booked for her.

Went to a client to do her nails, told to take my stuff upstairs as her young baby was downstairs and she was worried about fumes etc. Thats fine, I can understand that. Told to go into her bedroom, no table. Had to balance things on my case instead. Her puppy came in and started running around in circles. It suddenly stopped, looked into my case which was open and promptly cocked its leg and peed into my case.

She laughed her head off, so did I as I packed up my things and left her with half done nails.

Had to get a new case though.

Thanks you so much everyone for the amazing responses! So many of your stories are great so we have decided to transform a few of them. They will all be on our Facebook page next week, first one out on Monday! Hope your as excited to see them as we are! Heres the link if you havnt liked us yet: Lastminuteimage | Facebook

In the mean time here's a new theme for the cartoon: what's your strangest request from a client? Now these I am looking forward to! :)
Have a lovely Friday night geeks! Xx

Good afternoon everyone, I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Our new cartoon is up on our Facebook page later, remember to check it out! We hope you like it! Xx

Doing eyelash extensions with the clients entire family peering over you watching to see your every move!

Our new cartoon is up! Thanks for the inspiration BeautyQueen88! I hope you like our interpretation of your experience, feel free to share with your friends and family. Xx

All other geeks keep the inspiration coming we are going to carry on with these cartoons and would love to base them on your experiences. Like us on Facebook, tell your friends and lets share and enjoy together! X

All other geeks keep the inspiration coming we are going to carry on with these cartoons and would love to base them on your experiences. Like us on Facebook, tell your friends and lets share and enjoy together! X

Loving the new strip! X

So pleased you like it! That's what we are doing it for. Our job is hard and in my opinion unappreciated, I however love it as I'm sure we all do (we would never do it otherwise!) some times I miss the community spirit you would get in a hairdresser or spa so this is our little way of boosting moral. We want to encourage the already overwhelming warmth that is apparent in our industry. So first and foremost we want to make you (and us) smile! X

Good afternoon geeks.
Firstly thank you for all your amazing responses to my last thread. I really appreciate your participation.
For those of you who missed it, I have teamed up with a very talented friend who draws cartoons. We are creating cartoon strips about the mobile health and beauty industry. We are taking inspiration from my experiences alongside yours.
So we have our next cartoon coming up from your first load of stories tomorrow so check out our Facebook page to see what we have in store! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lastminuteimage/150066078475530
Lastly we are looking for inspiration for next weeks topic for our cartoon.......
What do you love the most about your job?
Please spread the word with your mobile friends, if you write the story that inspires us for our cartoon on our facebook page, we can personalise the character to match your profile picture.
Have a lovely day geeks I can't wait to hear your responses
Jessica xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on geeks, what's your biggest pet peeve with being mobile? I love my job and wouldn't change it for the world! I however find it very frustrating when work tends to come like buses....nothing and then too much to handle all at once! Does this happen to you? I also have many an embarrassing/funny story. Am I the only one who waits for the hair dryer to be turned on to let out a desperate bit of wind. Lol please tell me I am not the only one who has had this happen!
Can't wait to here more of your stories xx

Oo i hate wen this lady i was doing her nails.Her cat try to get in my
beauty case and one the table where i was working!!!
Never again.!!!
Ore clients think you have al the time in the world.Oo let mi pickup
the foon.Let mi cook somthing what no?!Iam working!
oo are you done jet? i need a smoke. Me no your longs are happy now.
Clients smiling but i no she hate me for not letting here smoke
WIth my beauty stuff in the room.

I'm not mobile anymore but the worst thing that happened to me was when clients would just expect you to do random things around the house!

One lady I went to asked me to clean dog wee off the floor while she went to find her bag as her daughters dog had just wet right in front of me.

Another lady had her nails in the lamp and said 'oh I think xxx has poohed can you change him his nappies are by the tv'

Then on my way to a client I'd only met twice she rang me and said 'seeing as you are passing morrisons could you pick me up a pint of milk, some toilet roll, a pack of 6 sausages and a twix? Thanks il pay you when you get here!'

Haha bonkers!

Lol these stories are just astounding! I have had my fair share of strange situations whilst being mobile, but my god their is so many funny stories out there! Thank you these will definatly be passed on to my friend! Look out on our Facebook page for the new cartoon this afternoon, it's based on one of your stories! I will let you all know whose story has been used once its up x

Latest posts

Back