Share your mobile experiences

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsjessicawarne

Reaction score
Hello fellow geeks,
Bare with me I am a new geek, however with plenty of experience in the salon world.
After going mobile over a year ago I have come across many situations, sometimes hilarious, sometimes frustrating.

A friend of mine is a very talented cartoonist and we have decided to team up and make some fun cartoon strips about the trials and tribulations of the mobile health and beauty world.
we are looking for your experiences and input. tell us your stories and every week we will publish one on our facebook page. I have attached an example using one of my own experiences.

we look forward to hearing your tales
jessica x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 405
So true this one. Sick if people phoning me with so called great deals. It's always only a great deal for them or the customer! I would forever be out of pocket if I did one.
Salon owner, I rent a room from, wants me to do a groupon with her. £20 for a cut and blow by her and for me to a set of nails, spray tan and eyebrow wax. Well I might as well just throw my purse into the road! NUTTERS!!!

Here, here!!

Give it away for nothing, we think not.

Exactly the "deal" side of our industry just doesn't work. Not for us anyway ;-)
Do you ladies have anything you might like to share with us? Maybe a funny story, or another annoyance that we can immortalise in one of our strips? X

I so wanna put that on my facebook page lol

So true!!!

It's on our Facebook page. Here is the link Lastminuteimage | Facebook.
Like our page and share with pleasure. We really want to build a community for the mobile side of the industry. What better way to do it then to make people smile?!:p
X

Come on geeks, what's your biggest pet peeve with being mobile? I love my job and wouldn't change it for the world! I however find it very frustrating when work tends to come like buses....nothing and then too much to handle all at once! Does this happen to you? I also have many an embarrassing/funny story. Am I the only one who waits for the hair dryer to be turned on to let out a desperate bit of wind. Lol please tell me I am not the only one who has had this happen!
Can't wait to here more of your stories xx

Getting my couch in and out of the car, then folding it out and down again and trying to put it in its bag.

I need a back massage myself after lifting that thing.

Oh god I couldn't even imagine, hair stuff is enough to lug around! The amount we have to carry and trudge around town with is defiantly worth a strip! I'm sure we are not alone in our frustration :) x

How about turning up at a client's house to do nails and they say 'oh, sorry you
didn't say you'd need a chair, we don't have any chairs' or 'great, you can just set up over there' whilst pointing to a scene from how clean is your house, or 'it's ok if Little Johnny just sits on my lap while we do this, right?'

Top floor flat, no lift, no where to park and a client that wants the works - manicure table, couch, nail trolley, waxing kit - try lugging that up six flights
Or
A client that has booked the works, watches u lug all your kit in, then says, I'm just going to have an eyebrow shape today I think
Or
Trying to do eyelashes extensions with sharp tweezers and kids and animals nudging your arms etc
Or
Turning up to do a nail treatment and the person has no chairs or table
All the above have happened to me!!!

Lol belle vie, yes! People expecting you to just fit in. So frustrating! X

I was 3 months pregnant so my client's sister helped me by carrying my bed down to the car. Opened the boot and as she put it in, I heard*scrattttch*.

She was like: "oh think I got your car a bit there..."

Me: :O (literary speechless)

Cost me £65 to get scratch fixed!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

All these deserve a strip! Spoke to my friend and she has agreed to do one every other day instead of one a week so keep them coming we will have another up on our Facebook page in the next few hours! I'll let you know when it's up and then we will start working on the next one. Feel free to share the pics from our Facebook page with your friends, especially if it is your story! Thanks geeks xx

Forgot to add if its your story and you post them on our Facebook page and we can see you face as your profile pic, with your permission we can customise the character to represent you :) x

Turning up and nobody is in

Cancelling with only a few MINUTES notice

Looking like a pack-horse carrying all my bags (my OH called me a 'bag lady' this morning...charming eh lol)

Endless amounts of stairs when there's no lift and being so out of breath when you get to the door that you take a few minutes to ring the bell so you can actually speak haha

Having to re-do nails, because they can't bloody sit still!!!!!

Suddenly realising they have no money...'can I pay you next time' 'err no' grrr doesnt happen often, but so rude when it does

Ill keep thinking! :)
x

Last edited:
New strip up on our Facebook page, check it it geeks tell us what you think! Do you agree? Here's the link: Lastminuteimage | Facebook
X

Trying to do a eyebrow tint and shape while the client holds her puppy who keeps trying to lick the tint and bite my hands.
This was my first ever client and she had a dog cage in the same rooms us!!

Iv just liked your page xx

When you get to a client and there on the phone as they open the door, then they sort the kids out, load the dishwasher while your waiting to start, and then get annoyed when their massage is cut short! I don't mind starting 5 mins late, but one lady I had I was waiting for 15-20 mins. When I finished her massage she said 'that didn't feel like an hour!' I told her we started late and I had another client after her. She never booked again thankfully! Lol

Latest posts

Back