Shaving & spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

immx

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Just a quick one, I've just gone to one of my friends to spray her and she hasn't shaved her legs yet. Is she better of shaving now and rincing them with cold water to close her pores a couple of hours before I spray her or better of not shaving and shaving when she washes off the guide colour?

TIA

Hi

Im no pro with tanning but i would say to do after (if she has to) but its only my imo!!

But....... When i did a spray tan course some of the girls did shave that morning and i think theres were ok.

Hope this helps x

its not going to make a massive difference if she uses a modern disposable razor, she may get a bit of guide colour left in the pores / hair follicles
but it would only be visable under a microscope !
Freshly shaved skin is not an open wound, so i cant see a problem really
i shave daily and also have a spray tan every 6 days i dont ever think about when i last shaved my face :irked:

I have been in this position myself and found that being careful with a razor (no cuts) and a blast of cold water and an hour before the spray tan to be on the safe side and the tan has turned out great.

Sian Rogers

Finding Serenity |

I am the other way, I find that if I shave before ,(I usually wax anyway) then ill get very unfetching dots ALL over my legs..............

Just an update.

She decided to shave before the tan, strange bit is her legs were fine, no probles at all but her under arms looked like she had freckles under there!

It no probs as I am still just doing human guinea pigs at the moment til I am up to speed!

immx,

Glad it went well in the end. From my experience the only major problem from shaving before hand can be if people use those razors with the moisturising strips. It can lead to streaky legs if you don't use some kind of prep spray before tanning! But sounds like you had no problems and did an excellent job :)

Latest posts

Back