Shellac and Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelly190

Reaction score
Wanted to try these out but not sure who to go with any feedback would be greatful.

theres stacks of feedback about them on here kelly.
i think the search button should help you [top right on the dark blue bar above]
that'll probably be the fastest way for you to get the information you are after.
it seems to me that users of both have been very pleased with them.

As Susan has just said there is plenty on here about both and everyone is pleased with whichever they have chosen and some even use both! :green:

theres stacks of feedback about them on here kelly.
i think the search button should help you [top right on the dark blue bar above]
that'll probably be the fastest way for you to get the information you are after.
it seems to me that users of both have been very pleased with them.
I agree! Lots to search through. But would be good to get some new feedback on how things are going with both systems! I have both systems but am more swaying towards gelish, sorry shellac! X
Posted via Mobile Device

if you scroll back a few pages i think you will probably find a lot of discussion. I too am swinging towards gelish

Those that are swinging towards Gelish - can you explain why. What is it that makes that swing.

I have only tried Shellac and am very pleased, but what would swing me towards Gelish do you think?

Those that are swinging towards Gelish - can you explain why. What is it that makes that swing.

I have only tried Shellac and am very pleased, but what would swing me towards Gelish do you think?

i think the fact there are far more colours to choose from has got to be a point in the gelish' favour.

I am finding application & results for both just great, the big plus for me re Gelish is the bottle size (1/2oz) & the price, for me that means more profit !! Oh yes & all the lovely colours already available.

I am using Shellac. I am also interested in trying gelish. Looking forward to hearing why people are swayed towards gelish. Does anyone know of a place in Canada that sells gelish? I have looked but I am not finding anything.

Fiona the colours, definitely and the bottle size and availability at the moment. It is not just the number of colours but the colours themselves. If Shellac had more darker colours to begin with I would have tried that as well. I think everyone is pleased with both brands though. :green:

There do seem to be many lovely colours in the gelish range and since finding I can use my current lamps with it, will think about getting some in.

I love the colour range, the longevity of wear and the availability.

I have tried both and went for gelish because

Size of bottle
Wider brush
Exiting colour range incl sparkly finishes (not old colours in creative shape bottles, seen it all before)
Dont have to buy a new lamp

and in an enviromentally friendly context i think the amount of packaging that comes with shellac is wasteful and completely unecessary

i have tried both and went for gelish because

size of bottle
wider brush
exiting colour range incl sparkly finishes (not old colours in creative shape bottles, seen it all before)
dont have to buy a new lamp

agreed!!!:)

Am gonna try gelish. I have shellac, and find the range limited, plus the base/ top coat lasted 1 week only. Sizing is a bit mean.

I have Shellac but decided to try Gelish for a few reasons, firstly the colour range have a few clients who love the purples and also the structure gel to give a little more strength to certain clients nails although does take a extra five minutes to soak off.

I have decided at the moment to offer both and will see which is more popular.

So pleased I read this, I too wasn't sure what range to go with - weighed up the pro's and con's and decided because of colour range, availability, lamp and local training to go with gelish ... going on training on the 26th July woooo thats next week! so exciting

I have found this very interesting and I am sure that the makers of both brands will be also interested in this.

I am also pleased that on the whole it is a balanced and reasonable discussion and hasnt degenerated into a slagging off match that some similar threads have LOL.

I think at the end of the day it comes down to who your clients are as to which would be the defining factor in choosing which to go with.

Personally I dont have clients who would go for glitter and if they do then I have other options to add glitter. I havent had any client who has said, oh are those the only colours? So I am happy with my choice. I can make a gorgeous purple using fedora and negligee.

Maybe in the future if my client base changes to a younger more glittery crowd then I might look at adding in some of the Gelish colours.

I think at the end of the day it comes down to who your clients are as to which would be the defining factor in choosing which to go with.

Maybe in the future if my client base changes to a younger more glittery crowd then I might look at adding in some of the Gelish colours.

Isn't it funny how tastes change from area to area.

My younger crowd tend to go more for French and Fedora from Shellac, and my older ladies are more Hot Gossip and Bella's Vampire from Gelish.

Maybe because French is so classic everyone likes it, and maybe because my faves are Fedora and Bella's Vampire, and Hot gossip is a summer colour. who knows!

I am keen to add a subtle glitter to give my French a twist as a good few of my clients like this.

great adult thread with respectful opinions I am loving it!

I have shellac and it has been good for french but dont really like the other colours (that I have been able to get hold of) apart from red baroness - which is georgous, am looking forwrd to getting gellish because the colours look lovely.

Latest posts

Back