Shellac base coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linc

Reaction score
Hi there!
Having started using Shellac but being unable to purchase the base coat we have been using a base coat from other gels we use - IBD & Calgel as suggested by other users. However although we shall get the Shellac basecoat as soon as it is back in stock we have a few clients who are allergic to IBD & Calgel but the Shellac would be really good for them except for the fact that we are having to use their basecoat at the moment. Anyone got any ideas for solving this problem? Have literally just started using Shellac and it is brilliant.

I don't think you will have to wait much longer for the base coat ... keep your eyes open over the rest of this week.

As far as something that is hypoallergenic like Shellac, CND Brisa clear sculpting gel is hypoallergenic and many are using a thin layer of it over the nail plate to act as a base coat. To do this you would need to buy 1 x Brisa Bond and 1 x sm. size Brisa clear sculpting gel. The best news is in the first sentence. :hug:

Oh no I am leaving for Portugal on Thursday morning for a week and won't have internet access!! I've been waiting for weeks for the base coat what's the betting I miss it, aarrggh:cry:

I don't think you will have to wait much longer for the base coat ... keep your eyes open over the rest of this week. The best news is in the first sentence. :hug:

I sure hope so! I miss my Shella'd nails! :)

Oh no I am leaving for Portugal on Thursday morning for a week and won't have internet access!! I've been waiting for weeks for the base coat what's the betting I miss it, aarrggh:cry:

Take the phone number with you! x

Bloomin ummer my debit card runs out at midnight tonight and my new one hasn't arrived yet I hope it comes before the base coat!

Yay the email just came and I got mine before I leave, happy bunny!!:)

soooo pleased ive just ordered my base coat!!!!!
so pleased theyre in now, its been driving me and no doubt everyone else mad how crazy its gone! x:):):)

I dont know weather to order it or just drive over to the shop in the morning, anyone know what time the shop open's at S2 in leeds?

OMG!!! I've just gone to place an order on the S2 website and it's saying that the Shellac Base Coat is already Out of Stock????

I had just disided not to risk it not been in the shop, and tryed to order it to. All gone:cry::cry::cry:

:grr::grr: I only received the email to say they're in stock this evening! :eek: :cry:

I'm gutted I had the email at 6pm but only just read it 30 mins ago, I tried to order it online and by the time I added the rest of the order to
The basket it had sold out! And the email said that the next order is only going to be twice the size of the last so that won't be in for long either. I wonder if the people who missed out this time will get priority next time?

I missed out too.............................(goes into a corner to cry and stab at her cake with her cuticle pusher)...............

Twice the size is twice the size and we just had hundreds in ... it will soon follow.

If any geeks near to liverpool I have like 2-3 bottles here prob have 2-3-4 apps per bottle if can be bothered tipping iygwim.

TBH I have been away for nearly 10 days so my appts have been staggerd for 2 weeks until monday,,,omg has the country gone shellac mad??? AGAIN lol xx

Thanks for that advice but am going to keep trying for basecoat!

check on S2 now as I just managed to get one! Shellac Base coat that is!

EDIT - never mind I just looked and it's out of stock again :(

Last edited:
Another larger shipment is due in next week folks.

You can always try London 020 8903 5878

The Leeds shop does have a small amount in for those of you who wish to drive there but you can always ring the shop and ask to reserve one for yourself as long as you collect it today..

London sold out! I too gave my email details but had no message!! So when it comes in stck again will the greedy "unprofessionals" buy a stack more only to place on eBay I wonder? Leaves us small salons no hope really as can't be sat in front of laptop 24/7 checking! So frustrating!

Latest posts

Back