Shellac Critic Portfolio

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockateer

Reaction score
HI all Geeg i have seen the Grazia editor comment of Shellac are there any others plublicity wise to help create my cofee table portfolio??

Ta geekies
xx

What a good idea. Are we allowed to use the quotes off the cnd.com website? They have some good ones. Are you cutting the article out of Grazia hun? Is it this edition? Many thanks x

If it's been published then you can quote it.

If Marian's Newman's work with Shellac has had the impact I know it will, there will be many more comments to come from the UK press and Beauty Editors.

Samantha is the one to email re press cuttings etc at Sweet Squared. Don't deal with Mrs Geek on here through pm ... she hasn't got the time at the minute to view them and may miss your communication.:D

Samantha at Sweet Squared is always on the top of things like this. Look at the amazing job she did for you all with Minx producing the Minx Coffee table book for your clients!! It is stunning and a beautiful piece of work. I'm sure she will have plenty to offer you re Shellac.

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but whats the MINX coffee table book please? x

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to go off on a tangent, but whats the MINX coffee table book please? x

It is a beautifully produced soft cover book for your waiting area in the salon (or for each technician to have in or on her desk) that displays all the Minx designs for your clients to choose from (actually photos of every Minx design on a proper round 'nail' NOT flat) as well as being interspersed with so many celebrity images and their comments and endorsements etc.

It is a very classy little piece and helps YOU to sell the service. It can be purchased from S2 for very little and is a grand addition to the salon.

Oh my gosh that sounds fab. I'll ask to order one when I ring next. Waiting for Fedora to be in stock, so will get it all together. Many thanks! x x

Last edited:
Ok - wow! Ill be needing one of these then as I am about to launch Minx on the Austrians ! I just hope Samantha will post one over!:D

Ok - wow! Ill be needing one of these then as I am about to launch Minx on the Austrians ! I just hope Samantha will post one over!:D

She would be happy to do that.

Thanks Geeg! :hug:

I have been talking and demonstrating to loads of beauty journalists for several weeks. What you have to understand is that no one has any control over what is written in magazines. Lead times will be several weeks for the weeklies and 3 months for the glossy monthlies.

There will be LOADS of coverage of Shellac in the weeks and months to come. They all LOVE it and are personally wearing it.

As some Geeks have mentioned, unlike Minx, it is impossible to see when a celebrity is wearing Shellac and very few will acknowledge it! Celebs get paid to endorse products or they have a contract with a specific brand.

I can assure you all that there is a buzz among celebs and those that have tried it, LOVE it.

You will have to wait for the mags to write about it.

I have to say that one of the plus points I have discovered among celebs and journos is they fact that they can remove the colour themselves if they have the remover pack. This gives them the confidence that they are not tied into returning for removal. I realise that salons want to tie in clients but this does not work for every client! I believe you need to 'take a view' on this! They WILL return for a reapplication!!

Find the compromise between tying them in and gaining their confidence in you!

I have to say that one of the plus points I have discovered among celebs and journos is they fact that they can remove the colour themselves if they have the remover pack. This gives them the confidence that they are not tied into returning for removal. I realise that salons want to tie in clients but this does not work for every client! I believe you need to 'take a view' on this! They WILL return for a reapplication!

I haven't yet invested in Shellac as I have been so busy recently but do hope to catch up at the end of June.

A removal pack for clients would be a real plus for my clientelle. I find my acrylic clients are happy to commit to returning for maintenance but my natural nail clients are not perhaps so regimental with their appointments - it fluctuates with their commitments/social calendars. I am sure the removal packs would make the product even more appealing to so many clients x:D

I have been talking and demonstrating to loads of beauty journalists for several weeks. What you have to understand is that no one has any control over what is written in magazines. Lead times will be several weeks for the weeklies and 3 months for the glossy monthlies.

There will be LOADS of coverage of Shellac in the weeks and months to come. They all LOVE it and are personally wearing it.

As some Geeks have mentioned, unlike Minx, it is impossible to see when a celebrity is wearing Shellac and very few will acknowledge it! Celebs get paid to endorse products or they have a contract with a specific brand.

I can assure you all that there is a buzz among celebs and those that have tried it, LOVE it.

You will have to wait for the mags to write about it.

I have to say that one of the plus points I have discovered among celebs and journos is they fact that they can remove the colour themselves if they have the remover pack. This gives them the confidence that they are not tied into returning for removal. I realise that salons want to tie in clients but this does not work for every client! I believe you need to 'take a view' on this! They WILL return for a reapplication!!

Find the compromise between tying them in and gaining their confidence in you!

I realize this BUT I know the power of Marian Newman!!! :hug: So very respected by one and all and we are privileged to have you supporting Shellac. I know they are going t love it.

Thanks Geeg xxxx I am soooooo supporting Shellac! I believe it could change the way salons offer polishing. If not then why not???

Off to Sky Showbiz tomorrow to Shellac 'everything that moves' :D

Thanks Geeg xxxx I am soooooo supporting Shellac! I believe it could change the way salons offer polishing. If not then why not???

Off to Sky Showbiz tomorrow to Shellac 'everything that moves' :D

lol :hug:

I have the Minx coffee table book it is fabulous :) a Shellac one would also be fab :)

I have the Minx coffee table book it is fabulous :) a Shellac one would also be fab :)

I agree vintagekj, but we need to get some celebrity loves and our adorable Hannah just shellaced Lily Allen today!! Yehhhh!

I agree vintagekj, but we need to get some celebrity loves and our adorable Hannah just shellaced Lily Allen today!! Yehhhh!

There must be a list piling up of celebs who love it, who doesn't love being shellaced! oooh jealous...what colour did she have on? Whoop!!

There must be a list piling up of celebs who love it, who doesn't love being shellaced! oooh jealous...what colour did she have on? Whoop!!
I believe Lily had warm opaque enhancements and fedora shellac... Her nails look beautiful in the pics
Go Hannah :hug:

I must get me a minx table book, Sounds perfect.
I have noticed since the event my clients like looking through the little booklet we got in our colour effect duo box... so I am sure the minx one will go down a storm too x

What you have to understand is that no one has any control over what is written in magazines. Lead times will be several weeks for the weeklies and 3 months for the glossy monthlies.

How true- we have had Beauty Eds who just love Shellac and we thought they completely understood the concept -and then they write nonsense.
But they really really like it and that bit comes through- but the bits they write on their own,who knows what they are gonna say?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all!!!!!!

I believe Lily had warm opaque enhancements and fedora shellac... Her nails look beautiful in the pics
Go Hannah :hug:

I must get me a minx table book, Sounds perfect.
I have noticed since the event my clients like looking through the little booklet we got in our colour effect duo box... so I am sure the minx one will go down a storm too x

Oooh fedora love it wondered if she would have that colour ;)

Latest posts

Back