Shellac... do you have any tips and tricks you'd like to share?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heya,

Please can you tell me the best place to get the Konad stamps from?? Im a newly trained Nail Tech with CND and new to all this stuff. The site is becoming my bible!!

Thanks in advance xx

I love the white on a background such as gigis pic.

I have shellac hot pop pink on the way and when I re do my nails I am planning on doing French mani with the hot pop pink as the 'white' and then a white konad over the pink...will hopefully look better than it sounds and its all about picking the right konad design.

How did you get on when you had a play? Any piccys to share? Xx

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

I love the white on a background such as gigis pic.

I have shellac hot pop pink on the way and when I re do my nails I am planning on doing French mani with the hot pop pink as the 'white' and then a white konad over the pink...will hopefully look better than it sounds and its all about picking the right konad design.

How did you get on when you had a play? Any piccys to share? Xx

No pics yet I'm afraid... I'll keep you posted :)

Heya,

Please can you tell me the best place to get the Konad stamps from?? Im a newly trained Nail Tech with CND and new to all this stuff. The site is becoming my bible!!

Thanks in advance xx

Hi becki :)

I have ordered directly from konad UK before but my last order was through simplybrides.net who is also an authorised stockist and reasonable pricing :)

Give it a go...you will become addicted! X

Hi becki :)

I have ordered directly from konad UK before but my last order was through simplybrides.net who is also an authorised stockist and reasonable pricing :)

Give it a go...you will become addicted! X

Thank you very very much!! Can't wait until I've got it and haven't even ordered it yet! Woop xx

From the FAQ page on CND
39. How will environmental temperature affect Shellac?​
Answer
Storing at room temperature is recommended as elevated temperatures will
cause the product to thicken at a faster rate.

NOTE:
Avoid opening the bottle if product gets significantly hot (above 90° F),

until bottle has a chance to cool off.

So those of you who are experiencing thickening and are heating to body temperature are causing the Shellac to thicken even more. It also says that if the product does thicken to throw it out and replace it of course.

I am still saving my tips so that I can invest in a new lamp and purchase all of the Shellac colours. Well, most of them anyways.

My first try with a Konad stamp Thanks to Salon Geek for introducing me to it! xx

Attachments

• 100MEDIA_IMAG0171.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0171.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 316
My first try with a Konad stamp Thanks to Salon Geek for introducing me to it! xx

Oh wow becki! There's are beautiful. You should be proud if these for your first go they are lovely :) pop the pic in the konad group for other konaders to see :)

Well done, addictive isn't it? Xx

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm rubbish at Konad... I tried it with Shellac and I just can't do it.

Very embarrassed to admit it really... think I'll stick to what I'm good at. :o

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm rubbish at Konad... I tried it with Shellac and I just can't do it.

Very embarrassed to admit it really... think I'll stick to what I'm good at. :o

It doesn't work with all shellac colours, so far i have only tried stamping iced cappuccino onto a shellacked nail. I know cream puff, hot chillis, black pool def do not work. Have you got any konad polishes to try?

It doesn't work with all shellac colours, so far i have only tried stamping iced cappuccino onto a shellacked nail. I know cream puff, hot chillis, black pool def do not work. Have you got any konad polishes to try?

Oooh really?... Thank God for that, I thought it was just me :lol:

I had a quick play with iced cap over fedora and that worked but the cream puff drove me mad... I don't have the konad polishes, I'm too much of a Shellac lover to use anything else but Shellac! :)

Oooh really?... Thank God for that, I thought it was just me :lol:

I had a quick play with iced cap over fedora and that worked but the cream puff drove me mad... I don't have the konad polishes, I'm too much of a Shellac lover to use anything else but Shellac! :)

Ahh! There ya go :) get yourself either a black or white konad polish and give it a whirl...i always konad on the sticky layer then shellac top coat as usual. I have a new pic i can upload, still can't seem to do it via ny phone yet! :( x

Thanks Emily :) i did just have the pink glitter French for a couple of days but got bored...it was to plain for me lol. Xx

I was hoping the picture would show up rather than a thread oh well (tried doing it from the phone!)

Thank you!!! So happy with it! Took me ages though, had to keep redoing it to get them all in the perfect position! But yes, extremley addictive! Already bought another image plate!!

The link to those pink glitter french + konad are stunning!!!! Errm, d'you mind me asking how you put the glitter on? Do you just do your two layers of coloured shellac (and cure both), put the glitter onto the sticky layer then top coat and cure??

And I also tried the Konad stamping with Shellac first of all and it hardly showed up! So I tried a few of my normal nail varnish and the purple one worked a treat :D

Love & Hugs xx

Thank you!!! So happy with it! Took me ages though, had to keep redoing it to get them all in the perfect position! But yes, extremley addictive! Already bought another image plate!!

The link to those pink glitter french + konad are stunning!!!! Errm, d'you mind me asking how you put the glitter on? Do you just do your two layers of coloured shellac (and cure both), put the glitter onto the sticky layer then top coat and cure??

And I also tried the Konad stamping with Shellac first of all and it hardly showed up! So I tried a few of my normal nail varnish and the purple one worked a treat :D

Love & Hugs xx

Hi becki :) yep that's how i do my glitter, search for fingernailfixer rockstar v3 on Facebook/YouTube :) its brilliant.

Oh me too, mine arnt all perfect all the time, its half the fun reading them...to a certain degree lol.

I should have mentioned before...some of the shellac colours such as black pool, hot chillis, cream puff don't work so well and are faint on the nail. Its trial and error really and i haven't tried them all yet. Best 1 i have found to work so far is iced cappuccino. :)

X

WOW I saw these plates at the last show I went to and wasnt sure - but now seeing some of these designs - I WANT THEM!

May have to go get me some! What gorgeous pics throughout this thread!

A good tip.

I saw a post recently where the technician was asking about layering and using color pops or discs to show clients the different combinations .... she said, "I haven't got time to make oll these combinations to show clients" yada yada yada .... well here is how I do it.

Every time I do a new layering combination for a client, I grab my disk or colour pop and get a quick one bashed out at the same time as I am doing the client and bit by bit, the colour options are all done for clients to view, without taking your free time to do them. :green:

Good idea going as you go along ,

Something I do is just brush some wet shellac over the top of the other color bottle to show them the layered effect ,

Latest posts

Back