Shellac... do you have any tips and tricks you'd like to share?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a tip worth a look at. Shellac with Konad stamping with Shellac Creme Puff. By the wonderful Leita Schmeidte from Perth in Australia.

geeg-albums-popits+minx+%26amp%3B+shellac+stuff-picture37717-254200-10150193639953940-590158939-7083063-3885153-n.jpg

Thank you so very much for posting this... now these are the type of nails that I want to be doing with Shellac.

Nail art is just not my thing and I've seen some really fab work done with Shellac... these are really beautiful and so easy to do!!

Thank you again for sharing :hug:

I can't upload a pic to this thread but I have some in my konad album, I have a pic of fedora with iced cappuccino konaded on top :)

I love it, and konad is so easy and quick...great for those (like me) who find it hard to do free hand nail art :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

I can't upload a pic to this thread but I have some in my konad album, I have a pic of fedora with iced cappuccino konaded on top :)

I love it, and konad is so easy and quick...great for those (like me) who find it hard to do free hand nail art :)

Thank you for sharing... they look fab!! :)

Jo, if you would like to become a premium geek, for a small charge, one of the perks of giving a little something back to this fab site is that you will be able to load pictures into your posts. :Love:

Jo, if you would like to become a premium geek, for a small charge, one of the perks of giving a little something back to this fab site is that you will be able to load pictures into your posts. :Love:

Yes, become a premium geek...so WORTH it! :)

Aww thank you an*gel :) I love them, don't want to have to.take them off...since doing them I have had 3others have the same design :)

Oh really? I will look into becoming a premium geek then, and its always nice to give something back as I have had so much great advice and help from so many on here since I started being a proper geek :)

Well I am now a premium geek :) I am so grateful for all the help and advice I have been lucky to receive so far that I wanted to give something back :)

So, since becoming a premmie I thought I would try and upload the shellac and konad pic I mentioned earlier that's in my album to save you all clicking through to my album and it wouldnt let me. Its says the feature is disabled by the forum administrator.

Could that be because I tried upload the pic from the gallery on my phone via the geek app?

Jo x

Geeg, do u mind if I use the 'Power Polish' tag? Like u said, I do lose clients in the first 5 seconds when trying to explain the differences between shellac and gel! Xxx

Jo do u mind me asking how u use the Konad on shellac? Do u bribe the shellac over the plate and use the stamper? And do u apply the monad design to the sticky layer of ur colour coat before the top coat goes on? Thanks hun. Xxx

Jo do u mind me asking how u use the Konad on shellac? Do u bribe the shellac over the plate and use the stamper? And do u apply the monad design to the sticky layer of ur colour coat before the top coat goes on? Thanks hun. Xxx

Hiya :) of course I don't mind you asking :)

I do exactly what you thought. Put the shellac over the design on the konad plate and then scrap off the excess. Pick up the design with the stamper and transfer onto the sticky layer of the last coat of shellac colour then top coat and cure :) xx

Well I am now a premium geek :) I am so grateful for all the help and advice I have been lucky to receive so far that I wanted to give something back :)

So, since becoming a premmie I thought I would try and upload the shellac and konad pic I mentioned earlier that's in my album to save you all clicking through to my album and it wouldnt let me. Its says the feature is disabled by the forum administrator.

Could that be because I tried upload the pic from the gallery on my phone?

Jo x

Awwh well done... I've just become a Premium Geek myself!!

I don't know why I never did it before, I mean I spend a bomb on Nail Magazines, but get the best information right here on Salon Geek and anyone that knows me knows how addicted I am to the site, so it's my way of giving back too. :)

I'm not sure why you can't upload pics... I haven't tried to do it yet... not sure I'm that brave :lol:

If you click the contact us option you should get some help soon :hug:

Awwh well done... I've just become a Premium Geek myself!!

I don't know why I never did it before, I mean I spend a bomb on Nail Magazines, but get the best information right here on Salon Geek and anyone that knows me knows how addicted I am to the site, so it's my way of giving back too. :)

I'm not sure why you can't upload pics... I haven't tried to do it yet... not sure I'm that brave :lol:

If you click the contact us option you should get some help soon :hug:

I haven't tried to upload from the actual website just through the geek app on my phone, but ut should work so will click on the contact us and see if i can get it fixed.

This site is amazing totally agree and if we didn't give anything back we May not have it :( and i would be a wreck without it :) x

Last edited:
I haven't tried to upload from the actual website just through the geek app on my phone, but ut should work so will click on the contact us and see if i can get it fixed.

This site is amazing totally agree and if we didn't give anything back we May not have it :( and i would be a wreck without it :) x

Yes I agree!! :)

Sorry, I just couldn't wait to see your Shellac pics, so I had a look in your album and they are fab... as soon as you get it sorted, you'll have to upload them to this thread for all to see.

Still Cant seem to upload a pic from my phone app but here is the Konaded nail art that I initialy mentioned...first time uplaoding via the pc so hope it works :)
joingram87-albums-konad%21-picture37592-my-first-go-konad-big-stamp-design-fedora-iced-cappuccino-shellac-konad-plate-m51-sun.jpg

Sorry its so big....no idea how to re size it!! xx

WOW...those are seriously beautiful! :)

Still loving those nails Jo

Still Cant seem to upload a pic from my phone app but here is the Konaded nail art that I initialy mentioned...first time uplaoding via the pc so hope it works :)
joingram87-albums-konad%21-picture37592-my-first-go-konad-big-stamp-design-fedora-iced-cappuccino-shellac-konad-plate-m51-sun.jpg

Beautiful!!

I just love the contrast between the Fedora and ice cappuccino :Love:

These are fab:)

Thank you all so much :) i really don't want to take these off :(

Hope i haven't hijacked the purpose of this thread :) xx

Thank you all so much :) i really don't want to take these off :(

Hope i haven't hijacked the purpose of this thread :) xx

You haven't hijacked the thread at all... this is exactly the kind of thing I was after when I started the thread... I've already had a little play with Konad and Shellac, but I really love these ones and the ones Gigi posted.

Thanks for sharing! :hug:

Latest posts

Back