Shellac done 3 days ago, your opinion?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG really? Hunni get out. And why is she training the other techs instead of them having official shellac training?
I would contact your local CND area rep and have a word with them, especially as the spa is certified, I am sure CND wouldn't be happy if that is the case.
Big :hug: babe xoxoxo

You know, Jen, I'm considering it. They use the wrong lamp for pedicures because it's an off-brand lamp and you can put two feet in it at a time; they buff the nail after removal and prior to application; they use a metal pusher to push the product off the nail and they use acetone rather than Scrubfresh.

The Salon will lose it certification, but I'll retain mine. I think it's time for me to go. I've got other offers and my clients will follow.

You know, Jen, I'm considering it. They use the wrong lamp for pedicures because it's an off-brand lamp and you can put two feet in it at a time; they buff the nail after removal and prior to application; they use a metal pusher to push the product off the nail and they use acetone rather than Scrubfresh.

The Salon will lose it certification, but I'll retain mine. I think it's time for me to go. I've got other offers and my clients will follow.
Sounds like you have nothing to lose hun, and you can leave knowing your reputation is in tact and walk out with your head held high.
Jen xxx

Thanks Freyabeauty for starting this thread, I feel positively wonderful now!

I have always been very critical of my nail painting in the past as I am such a perfectionist but have to say taking a look at the ones you've had done I don't know what I've been worrying about!

Hello geeks,
I had my nails done with shellac on Friday night at a pamper party!
I'd love your opinion on these?!

I use bio sculpture myself and would like to get into shellac but have to say not that impressed, already chipped! I think I have just been unlucky and had a bad set done!

Love to know your opinion on my nails, should I stick with bio sculpture! I love how shinny and smooth they look with shellac tho!

Thanks guys : )

Did you have your nail's done at the cawston school indulgne eveneing?

I haven't read any other post yet so sorry if it's been repeated, but you can tell they were done poorly, not gone near enough to the cuticle's, top coat hasn't been applied over the colour properly!

Last edited:
Thanks Freyabeauty for starting this thread, I feel positively wonderful now!

I have always been very critical of my nail painting in the past as I am such a perfectionist but have to say taking a look at the ones you've had done I don't know what I've been worrying about!

Same here, as a newbie I am also very critical, but feel so much better now!:biggrin:
Freya if you are one of my new "likes" thank you , and to those that have liked my page , Thank you, very much appreciated.

BTW... I tried several times to upload just the pic , but it kept failing, hence why the link .

I'm not doing shellac on clients yet just family & friends but I find the soak off takes forever!

I use the shellac wraps, leave for 10 mins but there are always loads of little flakes of colour left on the nail, really annoying!!

Does anyone else find this?

I want a speedy removal time when I set up in my place!

NO the removal is soo simple tell us your steps it is easier than dark polish! there is a wierdness afoot me thinks! x

Ok so I soak the shellac wrap pads in the D (can't remember precise name) remover.

Leave for 10minutes.

Unwrap.

Scrape with an orange stick but still so many little bits left on the nail plate. I've even soaked for longer & alas still no luck?

You need to make sure that the pads and wraps are really tight on the finger, if you twist them or try to pull them they shouldn't budge. If you haven't got them tightly secured the acetone wont penetrate them properly.
Once the 10 mins are up you need to massage the nail above the pad then twist and pull off.
use the orange wood stick to lightly push off the shellac flakes and using a plastic backed pad saturated in d'solve scrub the remaining bits off the nail.
Jen

Thanks Jen. Will put some on tomorrow just so I can do that :)

For you shellac lady's x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322574983.164090.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322574983.164090.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 72
I work a lot of pamper eves but I always refuse to do Shellac for 2 reasons, 1. they usually only give you half hour slots and I would rather take my time to do a good job than rush and 2. they usually want to charge £10!! Too low for a great service and product! I was at a pamper eve the other week where a therapist was doing Shellac in half hour, granted she had two lamps to speed it up but neither were CND lamps and although she had scrub fresh I could see she was wipe the tacky layer with nail varnish remover!!!:rolleyes: I wanted to storm over to see what she was up to!!!! Lol!

Thanks Freya for that , I
too will be using it for my profile piccie :biggrin:

Last edited:
Oh my giddy Aunt, they are shockingly bad!! :eek: Did you call her and get your money back yet?

Feel like the best polisher in the world after looking at those now :lol:

Don't let it put you off training in it though, like others have said, the application is as good as the technician. By the look of your Bio, you'll get to grips with Shellac in no time :wink2:

Ok so I soak the shellac wrap pads in the D (can't remember precise name) remover.

Leave for 10minutes.

Unwrap.

Scrape with an orange stick but still so many little bits left on the nail plate. I've even soaked for longer & alas still no luck?
Just a thought ... are you using acetone on the pads to remove the Shellac? When you say D, do you mean D Solve or D sperse as the latter is designed just to take the sticky layer of... just another thought x

I also do Shellac treatments in Ashford , Kent if any of the ladies that have had problems want to visit, send me a message and I can direct you to my site x

Leave for 10minutes.

Unwrap.

Also make sure your Base coat is apply THIN!

The Base coat contains the quick release polymers, which is what makes the Shellac come off nice and quick! if its applied to thick it take longer to remove :)

The Darker colour do not take longer to remove if applied correctly :)

People tend to put the darker colours on thicker as they dont trust Shellac to have perfect coverage in just two thin coats! So as its applied thicker it takes longer to remove :)

Also make sure your Base coat is apply THIN!

The Base coat contains the quick release polymers, which is what makes the Shellac come off nice and quick! if its applied to thick it take longer to remove :)

The Darker colour do not take longer to remove if applied correctly :)

People tend to put the darker colours on thicker as they dont trust Shellac to have perfect coverage in just two thin coats! So as its applied thicker it takes longer to remove :)

Yes yes definitely the remover.

Great tips though. Thank you so much

Latest posts

Back