Shellac lamp! stock levels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoilt

Reaction score
ok so now i am peeved >>>. i got a call from sweet saying lamp in stock whoop whoop..... i loged on to but . GUESS WHAT ! outa stock again..... whats going on.... so ive bought gellish it cures properly in my 4x9 so...... :grr: : my headace about waiting is now setteling....... Why are the lamps so hard to come by..... SO also Dashing Diva what lamo if any do i need with this as ive just bougt it ??? well heve to get somthing free lol even if it is postage :rolleyes: elisa

dashing diva adheres with adhesive and doesnt need a lamp.

I'm so excited to get started with shellac and I'm also waiting for the lamp!!! - for dashing diva do you need further qualifications or just pedicure and manicure?? - I had a look at it but would like to no a little more??

ok so now i am peeved >>>. i got a call from sweet saying lamp in stock whoop whoop..... i loged on to but . GUESS WHAT ! outa stock again..... whats going on.... so ive bought gellish it cures properly in my 4x9 so...... :grr: : my headace about waiting is now setteling....... Why are the lamps so hard to come by..... SO also Dashing Diva what lamo if any do i need with this as ive just bougt it ??? well heve to get somthing free lol even if it is postage :rolleyes: elisa

you sure they have been in stock because i havent had a mail, and checked constantly over the weekend?? when did they call you?? today? x

you sure they have been in stock because i havent had a mail, and checked constantly over the weekend?? when did they call you?? today? x
she left a message on wed or was it thursday !! :mad::mad: i didnt get it till late so by the time i got to my computer outa stock :irked: x
gelish is working fab with my 4 x 9 lamp tho lol ....

Sorry, but with the hype about Shellac and the lamps, if you got an email on Wed or Thursday and you waited until the weekend then I am not surprised that they were gone by the time you got round to logging on.

I struggle to understand why everyone is b*tching about S2 and CND having a bestseller on their hands.

When the new Harry Potter books come out and all the stores run out because the hype has been so great that stocks run out - do we all start moaning and whingeing at the publishers and strop off and buy a Jacqueline Wilson instead!

she left a message on wed or was it thursday !! :mad::mad: i didnt get it till late so by the time i got to my computer outa stock :irked: x
gelish is working fab with my 4 x 9 lamp tho lol ....

They did have a delivery of Shellac on the 7th july which i beleive was wednesday but no lamps ever arrived just racks etc. I have been told they should be due any day so dont worry - maybe thats put your mind at rest that they never did actually arrive wednesday xx

There have been no delivery of the new white CND UV lamps and we are still waiting on word from CND when some will be available for shipment.

Trust me - we are all just as frustrated as you about this. No one could have foreseen this level of demand and when you're ordering components like brushes and circuit boards from manufactures with 3 month lead times, it can take time to ramp up manufacturing.

We do however have stock of the original Brisa UV Lamps which will of course cure Shellac.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what we need to remember is that S2 are distributors of CND.

Distributors as in they have no direct control over manufacturing in regards to quantity and lead times.

They are not the ones who can say for example " ok, everyone stop making solar oil and concentrate on making Shellac". Which means that getting upset and angry with S2 does not and will not make the Shellac and lamp come any quicker.

CND are the manufacturers and they have their own website on which we could complain directly to.

Of course we are losing businesses, but how much business do you think that S2 are also losing too...??
Why would S2 dig such a large hole for themselves to jump into if they have control...? In that case, why get angry with them...?

Samantha tells me as of 5 minutes ago that S2 DO have 51 of the original Brisa Gel UV Lamps on stock which of course as stated will cure Shellac just fine. If you want a lamp you can get a lamp by ringing 08452106060. this is the most up to date info you will get.

Any idea WHEN Shellac lamps can be available?
Weeks? Months? I would rather wait for new lamp, than buy Brisa instead. On the other hand - I would love to start as soon as possible. Ehhh.

Hi, I have just joined Salon Geek, I havn't a clue what to do or what to press to do message etc. but here goes... I am just starting up with Shellac after reading all the rave reviews, was going to use OPI Axxium but have changed my mind. I have set up an account with S2 but they haven,t got anything in stock!! No lamp, no base coat, no first time rack, which works out cheaper for starting up. I have got clients wanting their nails done for their hols next week, it is so frustrating, I don't know where else I can get everything from to start up. I don't really want an old Brisa lamp but don't know how long I can wait for the new one. Has anyone got any ideas???!! or do I just have to wait and loose clients? Any advice much appreciated.

Hi I am so glad I ordered all mine as soon as it came out, looks like all items are on ebay though that's probably why there is no stock ! tut :)

I am just so glad I did my Brisa conversion last year on the 'Cut the cord' offer. :cool:

As for Ebay, any folks who buy from there would need to double up on their service prices or do the job for fun only!! :rolleyes:

There have been no delivery of of the new white CND UV lamps and we are still waiting on word from CND when some will be available for shipment.

Trust me - we are all just as frustrated as you about this. No one could have foreseen this level of demand and when you're ordering components like brushes and circuit boards from manufactures with 3 month lead times, it can take time to ramp up manufacturing. We do however have stock of the original Brisa UV Lamps which will of course cure Shellac.

Any idea WHEN Shellac lamps can be available?
Weeks? Months? I would rather wait for new lamp, than buy Brisa instead. On the other hand - I would love to start as soon as possible. Ehhh.
You question was answered by The Geek :wink2:

Last edited by a moderator:
You question was answered by The Geek :wink2:

Jain, as German say ;) (yes and no). I am considering buying it on ebay, but I hate 110/220v converters under my table..

This thread has annoyed me! You can't blame success of a product! Sweet Squared have been brilliant at helping anyone with anything! They do their best to aid and inform.
If you want a product that is as popular as Shellac and the lamps,,,,you have to phone them,,,,not log online. I have managed to get the base and tops coats I needed well in advance because I phoned them constantly when I needed it!
Also, I have been using my Brisa lamp since Shellac's arrival and its great!!
You snooze, you loose!!

Hi, I have just joined Salon Geek, I havn't a clue what to do or what to press to do message etc. but here goes... I am just starting up with Shellac after reading all the rave reviews, was going to use OPI Axxium but have changed my mind. I have set up an account with S2 but they haven,t got anything in stock!! No lamp, no base coat, no first time rack, which works out cheaper for starting up. I have got clients wanting their nails done for their hols next week, it is so frustrating, I don't know where else I can get everything from to start up. I don't really want an old Brisa lamp but don't know how long I can wait for the new one. Has anyone got any ideas???!! or do I just have to wait and loose clients? Any advice much appreciated.

Just to clarify ---

As I said the Brisa Lamps are available 51 of them (probably 30 since I posted). It is only the new lamp which is sold out ATM. Brisa lamps are not OLD lamps !! Plenty of Brisa techs have been using them from the beginning with Shellac and still are! :rolleyes: The Brisa UV Lamp cures Shellac perfectly ... so in the end it is YOUR choice if you choose to loose clients in the meantime because you CHOOSE to wait for the white CND UV Lamp. My advice (as you have asked for it) is to get one now as by the end of today they may be sold out.

Shellac goes out as fast as it comes in but it keeps coming in so best not to listen to peeps on here with their OLD information and ring S2 daily if needs be so you don't miss out. Yesterdays information is old information today.

People on here keep saying S2 are sold out making it appear that there has been no Shellac for months when in fact Shellac has been in and out and in and out 3 times since May and continues to come in and out on a regular basis.

For the most reliable STOCK information, the best thing is to ring S2 to order ... stock information on the website is not always as current as it could be due to stock coming in and out and having to be input at lightning speed when All S2's energy at this time is focused on servicing the customer (YOU) as quickly and efficiently as possible as always.

Last edited:
To all

Things like this happen for a variety of buisness reasons, its a fact.

Instead of Panicking and thinking about losing clients etc...why not buy the Brisa lamp, as Geeg has pointed out, they do the job just as well.

Do you really need then to panic about buying the shellac lamp - or is it you like to keep things branded the same? The Brisa lamp could surely be used as a back-up once purchased?

Buy the Brisa lamp = you can do your shellac clients=they will be happy=still get revenue in.

Just a suggestion:)

I want to wait only because I am starting now, so there is no difference if I have it now or later (only my curiosity hurts ;) ). In German there is no Shellac anyway, premiere will take place in September, so this will be the latest date for me to buy the lamp :). Together with some marketing stuff.

Latest posts

Back