Shellac over Minx finger nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C&G Beauty

Reaction score
Hi All

Can you put shellac over minx or Trendy pro cut nail tips? If not what is the best overlay to use im trained in gel.

Hi All

Can you put shellac over minx or Trendy pro cut nail tips? If not what is the best overlay to use im trained in gel.

Many report that Shellac top Coat over Minx on fingers prolongs the life of them. Take a look in the Minx Lovers group to see what the technicians say.

Last edited:
Many Thanks Geeg i will take a look!

Why would you want to put shellac colours over a minx foil? Does that not defeat the purpose of having a nice design from the minx?

Why would you want to put shellac colours over a minx foil? Does that not defeat the purpose of having a nice design from the minx?

Karen, I think we're referring to Shellac topcoat as an overlay to make the Minx wear longer, rather than putting a color over it. :)

Last edited:
I put shellac over minx on the fingers every time it works great as geeg says it prolongs the life of them.

I've applied Shellac over Minx on myself just to test it out and it lasted for weeks... I was so bored with the design in the end and took them off before they wore away after about two weeks.

I applied the Minx as normal and then applied a layer of Base Shellac, ensuring to seal the edges as usual and then a layer of top coat, again sealing the free edge and cure for 2 mins and wipe with isopropyl alcohol.

Of course, you will have to ask your client to return to have the removed as they will need to be soaked off.

I don't really see the need to apply Shellac over Minx, as I usually Minx toes and they last for weeks anyway and most clients are happy to have the Minx on their fingers for 3/10 days and be able to remove them themselves at home.

HTHs :hug:

Hi I put shellac top coat on minx on fingers it works so well! Never put it over toes though as there is no need to but putting the top coat over fingers just gives ur clients more choice if there going on hols especially if they want matching minx! Xxx

I'm assuming you need to apply base then top coat for adhesion? Or can u apply top coat straight to minx?

I always put shellac as a top coat on minx finger nails and I also put it over toes if they are going abroad on thier holidays xx

I'm assuming you need to apply base then top coat for adhesion? Or can u apply top coat straight to minx?

I just apply the top coat on it's own then cure for 2 mins then d.sperse them and this has worked really well for me and my clients :) xxx

sorry i can be a bit dim at times.lol:o

Latest posts

Back