Shellac removal, tin foil?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milliemakeup

Reaction score
Does anyone use cotton pads and tin foil for removing shellac. Is this acceptable? Does it take longer to remove without the wraps?

I've always use foil and it works absolutely fine. I cut them into squares so they don't look messy and torn up x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I've always use foil and it works absolutely fine. I cut them into squares so they don't look messy and torn up x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Yep me too.
I used to use foil when I had a l&p removal to do as well, that way I could continue to work on the other 9 nails.

Foils are fine - I find it works much better x

Totally agree - find CND remover wraps much more tricky and don't get as good a result

hiya i dont use shellac... i use gelish but recently did a shellac removal and used foil and it worked great! hth.

sent from my mobile :-D

Hairdressers foil is best to use as it is stronger and easier to tear into squares straight from the box.

I only use the CND remover wraps; I think they are much more efficient. I think they do the job better and with far less mess. I believe the clients are also far more comfortable can move around, have a coffee, read a magazine etc and no fear of dripping on their clothes etc. it is complete rubbish to say the wraps do not work as well as tin foil! They work perfectly and use less acetone.

If you have the time to cut up your own foils and mess about then great, but don't say something else doesn't work when they work just perfectly when what you really want to do is to save a few cents, which is only reason anyone would sit cutting up there own foils.

I use magis foils x

I have used tin foil and it works perfectly well. However, I now use the Graham Handsdown remover wraps. They are so much easier to apply because they have a bandage style wrap surrounding the pad.

I use magisfoils i love them I do think the cnd wraps look more professional but I was rubbish at using them, so use i foils which i love x

I use these too with remover in a pump dispenser - so quick and easy to use. No product on my hands and nails and saves so much time. Just have enough in my bag, get ten out and all done in a few minutes!

Remover wraps all the way for me, my clients are always so impressed with how professional they look! :)

I always use the CND wraps, I tried foil on my mums nails but it was too much faff and I couldn't get them tight enough. I find wraps much easier to use and look neater too, but I guess its a case of personal preference :)

Latest posts

Back