Shellac, what are you charging now?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We charge £35 for a shellac and £40 for a re shellac and our clients come back every two to three weeks ...

I am too cheap!

After reading this thread I need to adjust my prices! I am buying the new colours on Sunday so will make a point of letting my clients know on their next visit I will be increasing the prices!

Fiona:rolleyes:

Hello everyone: Great to be back with you all.

I am also wondering what to charge. I live in the Caribbean and I just received my shellac and lamp.

I know to perform the shellac you have to do cuticle work, file (dry manicure) and shellac. That would be one price.

Then if the client want a wet manicure and shellac then I would need to charge more. How much I am not sure. I will apply the same principle to the toes.

Does this make sence :-s

I love shellac alot

Hi guys, I'm hoping to get Shellac at the end of the month (finances permitting) and was thinking if the client wanted Shellac just add half of their treatment cost to the price, but thinking on, I have a mini manicure at £10, so if the client wanted Shellac-ing they would pay £5 more on top, but if they were having a natural scrub manicure priced at £24, they would be paying £12 extra, so it doesn't seem fair.

Do you think it is best to just have one price fits all? £10 for Shallac on top of any other nail service and a normal Shallac manicure at £30?

I really don't know!

Any advice appreciated :green:

xx

Sorry to butt in but I think it's relevant!
I've heard a few people ask what are you doing before Shellac application.
I'm not half as experienced as a lot of you in the nail industry but in my CND training, the dvd's, manuals, and of course on you tube, you have to do the following:

Sanitise your and their hands. Perform at least a mini-manicure/pedicure, Cleanse the nail plate with scrubfresh. Then after Shellac application you massage Solar Oil and Cuticle Eraser into the nails and fingertips. If you are not doing this surely you are not doing the Shellac service properly or the product and the rest of us that do do it properly justice!

Also for longevity of the Shellac clients should be recommended to use Solar Oil at least twice a day!

Sorry to butt in but I think it's relevant!
I've heard a few people ask what are you doing before Shellac application.
I'm not half as experienced as a lot of you in the nail industry but in my CND training, the dvd's, manuals, and of course on you tube, you have to do the following:

Sanitise your and their hands. Perform at least a mini-manicure/pedicure, Cleanse the nail plate with scrubfresh. Then after Shellac application you massage Solar Oil and Cuticle Eraser into the nails and fingertips. If you are not doing this surely you are not doing the Shellac service properly or the product and the rest of us that do do it properly justice!

Also for longevity of the Shellac clients should be recommended to use Solar Oil at least twice a day!

Please inform me if i'm mistaken!x

I charge £25 Shellac Colour, £30 Shellac french, £32 D/D with Shellac & £5.00 for removal, my clients dont question it at all they love it! It's one of my best investments Shellac "ROCKS" :Love:

My full price for Shellac is £20, however ive always run a 1/2price day for senior citizens which doesnt include things like Minx or enhancements, however they all really wanted to be Shellacked, so ive included this in their day, the week is a little unbalanced, lol, in that i have more discounted clients than full priced clients, the upside is that they do bring new full paying clients with them (which was initially my cunning plan, heeheehee)
i made the suggestion of £2 up on the disc day, but that went down like a brick, lol (i began to sense a protest march or similar coming on, lol)
im kinda lying low since i dropped that bombshell, older women can be quite determined cant they, heeheehee,
i console myself with the fact that i have a fair measure of both full/half prices clients and i have to admit i love all my clients they are great fun, they all know one another and they are all gorgeous and so well groomed so make great adverts for my business, just the other day they all met for coffee about 5 of them, they fell about laughing because they all had the same colour Shellac on, (priceless) i Love them !!!!

oh about my last comment, ive got way more than 5 clients, lmao
obviously i dont mean they ALL met for coffee, omg, i gotta shut up, lol

I charge £14.00 for colour or french. :-s I read to double what i usally charge for normal file and polish. My normal f & p is £7.00.

It should be 50% more than your usual MANICURE price, not file and polish.

I charge £30 for fingers, and the same for toes. I charge no extra for French.
If they have it removed I charge £15 as a standalone treatment or £12 when added to another service.

From the guidelines I would charge £27 for file, cuticle, shellac and £10 removal standalone or £5 removal with another service. I think that's reasonable. You girls charging cheap are why therapists in this industry are earning less than mcdonalds workers! Stop putting yourselves down and charge what you're worth x

ive just started out but i have done my shellac training.
my price for Shellac is £20.00, rockstar £25.00 and £10.00 removal.
but i have to say i was mad:evil: yesterday when a friend told me that someone is charging £10.00 for shellac.

The problem is that if enough people offer a service at a particular low price, then Jo(sephine) Public things that it's the normal, reasonable price to pay. It doesn't matter what line of work you're in...plumbing, sewing, beauty etc etc, if your price is low, then that's what some people perceive is the value of that service/product.

Except there are some people realise that you get what you pay for, so there wlil always be some who are prepared to pay more.

agree with you on that :)

Once ive done my Shellac course i'll be charging £30, £35 removal and re application and £10 removal.
I believe if you have confidence in the service you give then you shouldnt worry about charging higher than "discount salons".

hey geeks

i charge 25 for fingers which includes towelling mitts giving me a chance to pack away and finish on a hand and arm massage. They're given shellac aftercare which tells them about solar oil which i retail and also let them know i retail the scentsations lotion I've applied. Same applies to feet but i charge 28 instead. Removal is free if re shellac or 10 with no further treatment though in all honesty i have a minimum call out fee of 15. So probably need to re think that one lol!

I don't live in an affluent area from other mobiles and salons I'm the same or more in price. I won't charge less than twenty five and don't plan to offer it at a discounted price now or in the future. I think this is a fabulous treatment whether its to be a luxury/pamper or for a practical reasons so should be charged accordingly :)

love n hugs x

Right now I'm trying to make a new price list but dread that it will put clients off ... Coz where I live people just want cheap ... I had to pack up last summer coz after the special offer was finished no one came back ... Local salons charge £12-£15 for acrylics so god knows what they would charge for shellac or minx..

I charge £20 for colour & £25 for french extra £5 for a reshellac, I have just added rockstar nails will charge £30. Going to be increasing prices next year but not sure what to put it up by, think maye £3 on each, £5 is maybe too much of a leap?
Also pricing can be dependant on your area, but I refuse to enter into price wars I charge what I charge, edjits under charging will go out of business sooner or later but is very irritating! Most Clients are dubious of low prices (well all of mine) quality does not come cheap :D xx

Right now I'm trying to make a new price list but dread that it will put clients off ... Coz where I live people just want cheap ... I had to pack up last summer coz after the special offer was finished no one came back ... Local salons charge £12-£15 for acrylics so god knows what they would charge for shellac or minx..

I've got the same problem. I'm new and I'm still building my confidence every day.
I also do acrylics and still practicing but cannot compare to the £8 -£10 a set that some mobile nail techs are charging in my area. I will not go any lower than £20 for my Shellac service even if other nail techs are charging £10 onwards.

Latest posts

Back