Shellac, what are you charging now?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For my customers I charge €35 for Shellac. I did not do an introductory special offer, I knew that the product would speak for itself. It has done, and I have a new customer base, who are returning, and recomending me to their friends. I would say that you are pricing yourself a little too low, even at 18 pounds. :hug:

Do you guys offer Shellac as a manicure treatment at these prices or as a treatment itself? (Hope this makes sense)

I do that which is necessary for the Shellac application, i.e. shape, cuticle remover, cleanse. If the client wants a full on manicure I charge £10 on top of a regular manicure for the Shellac.

I have been doing shellac for £15 as an introductory offer.
I have just advised a client, only her second visit, that the price will be £18 from Sept. She seems horrified! Is £18 really expensive?
Most of my regulars seem to understand that I will have to charge a bit more but this particular lady seemed shocked! I should add that I believe this particular client has no money worries whatsoever. I know this should be irrelevant but I could see the point if a "not so well off" client was shocked.

I charge 23 euros so no I do not think this is expensive!

I have just advised a client, only her second visit, that the price will be £18 from Sept. She seems horrified! Is £18 really expensive?
Most of my regulars seem to understand that I will have to charge a bit more but this particular lady seemed shocked! I should add that I believe this particular client has no money worries whatsoever. I know this should be irrelevant but I could see the point if a "not so well off" client was shocked.

I charge 23 euros so no I do not think this is expensive!

Sorry also charge 5 euros for removal!

i am really worried after reading all of your prices, i live in bournemouth, just got shellac in this week, wasnt sure how much to charge so the salon owner (a hair dresser) phone around about 10 salon none where on speical offer they where all offering shellac, with file,polish,cutucle work from £8.00 to £15.00! i was thinking about £20.00 to £25.00, i had mine done before i got produts from creative acadamy+ in bouremouth n they charged me £20 with no file or cutcle work! i think someone need to tells everyone down here how much we should be charging! :lol: but now im worried that if i charge the amount all u geeks are charging i wont get anyon as 2 mins down the road do it for £10!!:rolleyes: x

i am really worried after reading all of your prices, i live in bournemouth, just got shellac in this week, wasnt sure how much to charge so the salon owner (a hair dresser) phone around about 10 salon none where on speical offer they where all offering shellac, with file,polish,cutucle work from £8.00 to £15.00! i was thinking about £20.00 to £25.00, i had mine done before i got produts from creative acadamy+ in bouremouth n they charged me £20 with no file or cutcle work! i think someone need to tells everyone down here how much we should be charging! :lol: but now im worried that if i charge the amount all u geeks are charging i wont get anyon as 2 mins down the road do it for £10!!:rolleyes: x

It doesn't matter what they charge 'down the road'! YOU are the professional so charge your worth.
'Down the road' offers full sets at £15 but I get their clients come to me for full sets at £40 when theirs come of due to bad prep etc. Stick to your guns hun:hug:

Hey ya are you guys charging your prices to include manicure (ie: spa mani follwed by shellac?) Or just for a basic cuticle work and shape? Thanks

Hey ya are you guys charging your prices to include manicure (ie: spa mani follwed by shellac?) Or just for a basic cuticle work and shape? Thanks

I charge £25, thats for file, cuticle work, then Shellac. I also give away a pinkie size bottle of Solar Oil for the client to take home.

If a client wants a full mani with Shellac, then i charge an extra £10 on top of my mani price. Same goes for a pedi.

For a french i charge an extra £2

x

Anyone charging less than £25 is doing both themselves and Shellac the brand a disservice. If people want this high end product - they should be paying for it but more importantly... how on earth are you the professional making any money on this treatment if you charge less than £20? You are professionals - charge professional prices and stop apologizing for it!

I dont use Shellac I use Geleration but I think both treatments are in the same price range. I added £10 to the price of my nail services, so..

£29 manicure - Cuticle work, nail shaping, geleration (colour), hand & arm massage
£32 manicure - as above but with french.
£26 mini ped - Cuticle work, nail shaping, geleration (colour), foot file, foot massage
£29 mini ped - as above with french.
£33 full pedi - Cuticle work, nail shaping, geleration (colour), foot file, foot soak, exfoliating scrub, foot & leg massage.
£36 full pedi - as above with french.

£8.00 removal alone
£4.00 if followed by a manicure/pedicure.
£0.00 if followed by further application of geleration.

Ive only done 2 removals without re application.

The only comments I have had on the price is that they think its cheap! I think we charge £1 - £2 more thann the other salons in the area using the product.

Hope thats helps.

Gx

hi, i charge,,

£20 for a shellac mani/pedi
£25 for french , as it takes a little longer
£25 for rock star nails &
£10 for removal,
£25 colour re, shellac &
£30 french/rock star re,shellac

if a client wanted a full mani/pedi before i would charge

£20 salon mani + £10 for shellac £30
£25 pedicure +£12.50 for shellac
and £5 extra if french or rock star wanted x

When I first started doing shellac I charged £20 for a basic shellac manicure.. I'm now charging £25.

I don't currently offer Shellac, hopefully this will change when I visit the show on Sunday!!

I offer Gelish at the moment and love it, I charge £25 for a Gelish Manicure and have had a lot of interest...I have put a promotion on for my clients in my database that I haven't seen for a while offering them their first Gelish Manicure for £15 to get them hooked! A lot of people in my area go to nss salons to have pink and white l&p so its trying to break the mould!

Do any of you offer free removal anymore? Or give clients a removal kit?

I have always charged £25 for Shellac and offer a free removal if having a repeat treatment within 14 days, this made sure my clients have had their nails done every 2 weeks without fail.

Now I am wondering whether to carry on with this or to either start charging for removal or to give them kits to remove it themselves but I don't want to end up with them then only having appointments every 3 or 4 weeks as I'll end up worse off! I am thinking of making removal kits anyway for clients who only want a one-off service and have found these bottles which look good 30ml Natural Round Bottle & 20mm Spout Cap --- Opaque - Clear Plastic Storage Containers Bottles and Accessories supplier: Ampulla Ltd Online Cheshire UK

hey i was thinking about this, but you have to be careful when making up bottles of chemicals your self and giving them to clients as you have to have the correct labeling on the bottle, and thats all extra cost and effort....plus i think they are bound to do it wrong and end up picking it off , then blaming the shellac/gelish ect for ruining their nails:rolleyes:

hey i was thinking about this, but you have to be careful when making up bottles of chemicals your self and giving them to clients as you have to have the correct labeling on the bottle, and thats all extra cost and effort....plus i think they are bound to do it wrong and end up picking it off , then blaming the shellac/gelish ect for ruining their nails:rolleyes:

I would never advocate clients to remove the shellac themselves.This is the beauty of shellac removal done by the professional,the remover wraps from CND are faff free,and come away easily in 10 minutes.and they really do,as the language states LOL

If a client has asked me if they can remove them at home,i tell them a resounding no,however it is their choice,but with that comes the possibility of damaging the nail.We know as shellac technicians how to remove shellac properly,and CND have made it so easy with the wraps.....so USE THE WRAPS:biggrin:

I charge 30 and would never go under!.....well maybe under other things but's that another story :wink2:

Shellac is a professional treatment. It should only be removed professionally!

Removal kits? What are those?

I don't want my clients to start diy removals! It's like cutting your own hair at home before going for colour. No thanks!

No one offering Shellac should advise clients to do at home removals. It your money at the end of the day and reputation.

Nail designer with a twist;)

Since christmas i did an offer on Shellac for £20. I don't charge for removal now either if they are having a re shellac. I decided to keep the price the same after christmas and now after reading this thread again, i think I'm regretting my decision now!

I charge €25 and every1 is happy out :cool:

Latest posts

Back