Shellac!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone clarify...im sure they said at the event that in the new lamp using Shellac you can cure the whole hand in one go but if using brisa you still need to cure 4 fingers and the thumb seperately? x Also when putting on top of a gel enhancement or an L & P enhancement...what sort of surface must it be applied to...i.e 180 grit surface? I think I remember them saying you dont use a base coat over enhancements? x

ok anna, yes when using the new lamp with shellac full 5 finger cure, brisa 4 and thumbs,
when using shellac over brisa finish the enhancement with your brisa gloss (don't remove inhibition layer) 2 colour coats and then shellac top coat
over L&P finish the enhancement with the 1200 of the koala buffer .. no shellac base coat needed .. straight in the the colour coat

hth xx

ok anna, yes when using the new lamp with shellac full 5 finger cure, brisa 4 and thumbs,

This is getting confusing LOL - are we just talking lamps here ie. if using the new lamp and Shellac you can cure the whole hand, but using the Brisa lamp you do 4 fingers then thumb.

or

If using the new lamp you still cure Brisa gel - 4 fingers and thumb LOL

...over L&P finish the enhancement with the 1200 of the koala buffer .. no shellac base coat needed .. straight in the the colour coat

hth xx

This cleared up a confusion from earlier, I thought I heard them say 240 stage.

I think we need to have a FAQ of our own on Shellac LOL.

This is getting confusing LOL - are we just talking lamps here ie. if using the new lamp and Shellac you can cure the whole hand, but using the Brisa lamp you do 4 fingers then thumb.

or

If using the new lamp you still cure Brisa gel - 4 fingers and thumb LOL

This cleared up a confusion from earlier, I thought I heard them say 240 stage.

I think we need to have a FAQ of our own on Shellac LOL.

sorry fiona.. ok the new lamp will cure brisa of course but I would still do 4 and then the thumbs due to the product 'moving' with the angle of the thumb placement xxx using the brisa lamp always 4 fingers and then thumbs for both systems xx

Thanks thats cleared a few things up! x Next question lol.....so for Brisa and the new lamp...its best to cure the thumb seperately because of the risk of the product slipping...is that the only reason? Would it still cure fully tho...im just thinking that if it cures fully it could still save time if ok to do a full hand cure for doing the Bonder Layer and the Final Top Gloss as they are thin and less likely to slip? x

Well, Iv ordered Shellac, and I dont even do nails anymore lol
The excitement got to me:o:D
As the lamp not in stock, Im going to try it with my calgel lamp, anyone know if thats just a silly idea lol (Im too impatient to wait for lamp)

sorry fiona.. ok the new lamp will cure brisa of course but I would still do 4 and then the thumbs due to the product 'moving' with the angle of the thumb placement xxx using the brisa lamp always 4 fingers and then thumbs for both systems xx

Having been reading that you all do 4 fingers and thumbs separate can someone clarify for me that it is ok to do 4 fingers from one hand and the thumb from the other together? This is how I do it - all fingers are flat but just wondering if the lamp won't cure 5 together from what you are all saying.

I don't seem to have any issues doing it but having a moment of doubt now!

Thanks

Having been reading that you all do 4 fingers and thumbs separate can someone clarify for me that it is ok to do 4 fingers from one hand and the thumb from the other together? This is how I do it - all fingers are flat but just wondering if the lamp won't cure 5 together from what you are all saying.

I don't seem to have any issues doing it but having a moment of doubt now!

Thanks

Tha's how I do it with my Brisa lamp - the issue with 5 from the same hand is getting the thumb to cure becuase it's on the side so to speak..... So you're fine with your method.

Keep calm and carry on :D!

Thanks thats cleared a few things up! x Next question lol.....so for Brisa and the new lamp...its best to cure the thumb seperately because of the risk of the product slipping...is that the only reason? Would it still cure fully tho...im just thinking that if it cures fully it could still save time if ok to do a full hand cure for doing the Bonder Layer and the Final Top Gloss as they are thin and less likely to slip? x

yep anna that is the only reason xx the new lamp will cure brisa just fine xx

Tha's how I do it with my Brisa lamp - the issue with 5 from the same hand is getting the thumb to cure becuase it's on the side so to speak..... So you're fine with your method.

Keep calm and carry on :D!

Thanks Vetty that's what I thought just having a wobble lol:o

yep anna that is the only reason xx the new lamp will cure brisa just fine xx

greeeeeeeeeeaat! One more....the top coat....could I replace this for Brisa Top Gloss? Im just wondering if it will then be easier for techs to wear... more resistant to acetone etc? x

and could I leave the Top Coat inhibition layer on...paint an Effect on....apply another coat of Top Gloss? Or remove inhibition layer....apply effect...finish with Top Gloss? x (sorry that was 2 more) x

greeeeeeeeeeaat! One more....the top coat....could I replace this for Brisa Top Gloss? Im just wondering if it will then be easier for techs to wear... more resistant to acetone etc? x

I would have thought NO to using the Brisa topcoat...purely because Brisa is a less flexible gel...I tried Brisa topgloss over Bio sculpture gel once and it didn't work...it cant flex with the nail and the Bio when under pressure and so cracks...I would have thought this would be the same for Shellac beens as its so flexible.

I would have thought NO to using the Brisa topcoat...purely because Brisa is a less flexible gel...I tried Brisa topgloss over Bio sculpture gel once and it didn't work...it cant flex with the nail and the Bio when under pressure and so cracks...I would have thought this would be the same for Shellac beens as its so flexible.

Thats interesting ive never thought of it like that...so would you say you cant just put a layer of Brisa Gloss directly onto a natural nail for a bit of 'perma shine and protection' lol for the same reason (natural nail too flexible) ? x

Lamps just arrived :)

Thats interesting ive never thought of it like that...so would you say you cant just put a layer of Brisa Gloss directly onto a natural nail for a bit of 'perma shine and protection' lol for the same reason (natural nail too flexible) ? x

yup...there is some flexibility in Brisa but not the same as in the natural nail or some soak off gels...if you had Brisa on 1 nail....and Shellac on another and then try to bend them you will see a big difference...to withstand the flex of a natural nail the topping has to be either just as flexible or alot thicker.

Hi Just done my order can't wait, just wandered if this lamp will cure my IBD Gel ? as I now have 3 lamps lol so may get rid of one. Thanx :biggrin:

First set of Shellac Toes....

Attachments

• shellac toes amanda 001.jpg
    shellac toes amanda 001.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 3,214
  • shellac toes amanda 004.jpg
    shellac toes amanda 004.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 2,075
Lamps just arrived :)
Yay! What you doing on here then? Get them things flying out the warehouse........ You know that your lovely wife has been calling me attitude now, would you expect anything else from me?
Lol
Only joking Sam xxxxx:D

I have to agree with Angie. I too have tried this before and put Brisa topcoat on top of calgel and it resulted in cracking. Calgel was just too flexible.

The other thing is, if you did put Brisa top coat on top of Shellac, doesn't that defeat the purpose of shellac...?? One od the selling points of Shellac is that it soaks off in minutes. If Brisa is a non porous gel, then you will need to spend a little more time to buffed off teh top coat before you soak the rest of the Shellac off.

I have to agree with Angie. I too have tried this before and put Brisa topcoat on top of calgel and it resulted in cracking. Calgel was just too flexible.

The other thing is, if you did put Brisa top coat on top of Shellac, doesn't that defeat the purpose of shellac...?? One od the selling points of Shellac is that it soaks off in minutes. If Brisa is a non porous gel, then you will need to spend a little more time to buffed off teh top coat before you soak the rest of the Shellac off.

I think it would crack too. I have tried NSI Glaze'n'Go over Bio and that all cracked, because the Bio is flexible.
And if you had to buff of Brisa surely because the Shellac layers are so thin like polish you would def run the risk of buffing the natural nail and this is not what CND want. This product is meant to be for natural nails......NO BUFFING!

Latest posts

Back