Should I charge the same as salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Pink Orange

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been trying to open a salon...but the shop I found has fallen through.:cry:

I have deceided to make my spare room into a nail room whilst I find another shop. Do you think that I can charge salon prices for my services?

My clients that I currently do mobile are expecting a price increase when I open the salon and as I am having price lists printed now for my home salon it would be cheaper to print a larger quantity.

I also feel that now my skills are improving my time is worth more!

Any thoughts?

Thanks

You should work out how much it costs you per treatment and how much you would like to earn an hour and work out your prices accordingly.
I have never looked at local competition to set my prices. These are the prices I want and the prices I am worth and I make dam sure i get them! :)
So basically chick, charge what you think you are worth xxx

Hi,

if you are looking for another shop, then you wouldnt be working from home for long I'd imagine? So I would keep my salon prices, to save everyone the confusion and extra printing costs! :)

hth x x

It depends on what your clients would be willing to pay and how good your nail services are.

I always set my prices as to what I think people coming to me will pay not according to what other salons charge. If that were the case, I'd be doing nails for £20-£25. I charge £40 for natural and £45 for French.

It is always hard to raise your prices so be careful. I always think it is better to have higher prices and give special offers if necessary.:)

id keep salon prices to hun as when your shop does open it will save you some hassel and money of re-printing etc. Also it's good advice to work out how much each set costs you and go from there and what you think you are worth. JUst because there is compertition does not mean you lower your standards so why lower your prices . If your good and your clients like you they will pay your prices . Good luck with it all :) x

Hi there, I have been doing nails for 9 years now and do both mobile for some clients and in my home salon for others. I charge the same for both and keep it in line with what other salons are charging. I do this because my nails are good and I have a lot of experience. Now and again I will get a phonecall from someone new who either likes my prices or not, if they don't then they choose not to have me do them.

I am fully booked every day so it has not effected my income at all and my clients are more than happy with what they get, most preferring the more private feeling of being at home rather than the passing trade interrupting, parking problems that there might be etc.

Hope this helps :)

Hello Girls,

Thanks for your opinions...That is what I was hoping you would say! I haven't priced matched with other salons...I have been planning to charge about £10.00 more than most salons in my area. I am also pleased to hear that some clients prefer the 'home' salon as I had wondered what clients will think?!

Thanks again

Sara.x

Latest posts

Back