Should I stay or should I go?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She said it was patchy before 8 hours. I told her to wash it off after 8 hours. She really is a pain! I wish I never bothered. Now she's washed it off she's now saying its still patchy??? When I checked there was nothing wrong. I just don't no what to do now?

I found the same with a particular client who booked in for lashes, nice big house but when I turned up her sister said she was still in traffic and shed rebook, she never did. I do think some people think they can mess you about, if her tan is patchy she has either not exfoliated properly or she has rubbed some of it off when she got dressed, advise her to exfoliate well beforehand and to wear looser clothing only when she is fully dry after the tan. If the other person is fine it's probably something the client is doing rather than you.

Yes the sister was fine just her. I think she's messing me about now!

I'm now being told the sister too has patches on her spray tan. Really need some help what to say to them! I've done loads of spray tans with zero problems now this!

I would go round and see them or get them to come to you. Or get a picture of both.

You will be able to tell if you have missed spraying somewhere etc.

Are they asking for a refund?

Not at this stage no for a refund x

Ask to see pictures of it, you can usually tell if they've rubbed it or done something to it. And judge from their. You can't offer a refund if you haven't seen the problem... xx

They were larger ladies so getting under there skin (politely saying it) was difficult. I'm wondering if it was that that was the problem?

I don't stand for being messed about. Especially if you are putting yourself by being mobile.
I would tell her that she must come to see you to check it out. It was perfect when you finished so could be a number of things. Can't say without seeing it. When would you like to come in? If she doesn't want to, then she is trying it on. If she does come, ask why she washed it off so early. Ask if she used a moisturiser, I find that Dove affects a tan more than any other. It fades it like crazy. If she hasn't done anything wrong then just spray her to blend in the paler bits. Don't let her mess you about by doing a full tan again, that won't work.
There is no need for anymore than that. But she MUST wait 8 hours for it to take. Make sure you dry her thoroughly with the hose before she gets dressed too. Get her to actually say its all ok now and write something on her card and have her put her initials next to it. Hope this helps.

My work phone doesn't have pictures on there which is all the more annoying so I can't see. I've just offered to go out to see them but what a surprise I'm not hearing back from them yet! They take AGES to reply!

Thank you nails express. Truly a nightmare client! I checked both of them as I always do! Both fine! Asked are you happy and both said yes. I even said can you both check your tans and make sure there's no bits missing or anything you'd like more of ect. No fine love it was there reply!!! Grrrr!!!! Why tell me now!!!

You need to give her a time scale. Like 'If I don't hear back from you within the hour, I take it you no longer require me to visit', you need to stop waiting around for them to take the mic hun, it's not nice these situations :( Maybe she can email you a pic? xx

Right I've just txt her back saying to email a photo and if I don't hear back with in the hour then I take it the tan is fine!
So very nervous now!
Thank you geeks for standing by me!!!

Got a reply she's saying she's out at the moment! What do I do now???

I told her I'm not available till Monday now. Plus asked her to email some pics so I can see where it's patchy and well take it from there on Monday!
Got a reply straight away saying ok!

I told her I'm not available till Monday now. Plus asked her to email some pics so I can see where it's patchy and well take it from there on Monday!
Got a reply straight away saying ok!

You've gone as far as you can for now honey just sit tight. Only advice I would give is to avoid waiting on a text when a complaint arises give her a ring. Texts can sometimes slow down something that can be sorted much quicker.

Try not to worry enjoy your weekend and see if she comes back to you.

Love n hugs x x
x
Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek

Thank you happy feet. It's now officially my weekend so I'm going to enjoy it! :) xxx

If someone's difficult to start with they will always be difficult throughout.

Regarding postcodes and addresses it's in my t&cs that this must be confirmed at the time of booking within or 72 hrs of booking or immediately if booking a last min apt or they risk loosing their apt.

I spoke too soon. shes now saying the tan is patchy. it wasnt when i left her! i did my usual check and now this! wish i never bothered!!!
booking system!!! Yes that's brilliant!! I never thought of that what a great idea!!! Can they see if your available or not tho on these booking systems?
Thanks for your reply!

I really feel for you. These are nightmare clients!

With a booking system, you determine your availability and you can preset your weekly availability and then put time blocks in if your off that day or busy, and you can manually book clients in. So when a client uses it to book their appointment, they only see your gaps. You can also choose if you do mobile clients on which days as well as working from somewhere- in my case, I have a home salon. Like I say, there are lots of ones- salonlite springs to mind, and clickbook is what I use. Groupon were also telling me they do a free one too (not looked into it though)

I recommend you sack these clients when you resolve this problem. Not worth the stress! And they were further than your normal distance, and now you might have to go again!!

Hope things get sorted I know this is really frustrating, I have had a couple of occasions where someone has text me after a spray tan saying it's not right and it always filled me with dread. What I know now is that sometimes things happen, it's not necessarily anything you've done but you can't sort something like this out over text messaging. Have you tried to call and speak to her? It might be the last thing you feel like doing but you need to try and get to the bottom of it and you'll find out a lot more speaking to her than you will by texting her. Waiting the weekend isn't good either, think of how many showers she can have over 72 hours, not to mention if she gets the exfoliator out!! It was the best advice I was ever given :)

Hi Lovey, hope all has settled down now, see... we were right in saying it is best to follow your instincts but on the other hand I know what it is like to need the bookings.

Have a look at my article regarding products to avoid and aftercare advice

http://www.salongeek.com/training/182579-products-avoid-after-spray-tan-some-aftercare-advice.html

I usually do a mini consultation at the time of booking just to make sure they arent pregnant, have flared up psoriasis or allergies. Then I ask which beuaty products they use if they are unsuitable at least they have had time to get a replacement. I also ALWAYS fill in a consultation card which has a section for the client to sign agreeing that everything has been explained including how long to wait before washing, loose clothing etc etc. I have the same document as a Do's and Dont's PDF on my website and FB page. This way they have access to the information any time.

If they did not let you inspect the "problematic patchiness" by now I think it will be too late for you to see if your application or their aftercare was to blame.

I had some girls a few years ago say that they had gone patchy but when we went into the complaint properly it turned out that the one girl who had left the property directly after I left had a great tan, the other two stayed in all evening in a SWELYERTING hot house, I was perspiring packing up so they were sweating all evening in cozy winter Jammies. They hadn't taken any notice but I pointed out that they had signed the form stating that I had explained it all to them. Never saw them again but then never wanted to either. LOL

Chin up and remember that one complaint does not mean you have done a bad job, just learn to protect yourself a little better as already suggested, online booking, stating areas covered on your website, place " Do's and Dont's" document on your site and state that any issues need to be addressed within 24hrs,( pop that on your consultation card not your website eg. if they complain the next morning you have to see them that day else you cant ascertain the problem properly)

Latest posts

Back