should I try my luck!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty diva

Reaction score
hi guyz! just need your advice again :)
I was just thinking to try my luck by applying for a job of Make Consultant.Unfortunately i dont have any proper make up qualification but I do practise makeup techniques on family and friends, and on the website they say

You'll receive the training in both artistry and product that will take you on a career path to a promising future.We are looking for individuals with a genuine passion to join us and strong brand awareness for the relevant position.

I do have genuine passion and skills of make up and have quite good awareness of the relevant brand.

So guys,do u think i should try my luck by applying for this job ?and what to expect on phone interview?

any advice and opinions would be appreciated

If that is what the ad says then I'd say you have got nothing to lose by trying..

You should stress your passion for beauty and makeup and if possible, give them a link to a site with as many of your makeup pics as possible to show your abilities!!

It's always great to show proof of your skills!!

xx

go 4 it they can only say yes or no if u cant then just do a make up course
but as it stands looks like they will give u that so gooooooooooo 4 it let us no how u get on

I Do Not Think There Is Any Harm Applying For The Vacancy They Will Tell You About The Role And And Anything Which Is Needed For The Vacancy. If You Do Not Apply You May Always Regret It And Another Vacancy May Not Come Up For Ages.

I Am A Qualified Make Up Artist As Well As Beauty Therapist. I Love Make Up And Could Do It All Day. I Think Of It As Painting A Picture And The Face Is My Blank Canvus.

I Do Think That You Need To Be A Creative Person And Have A Good Idea Of Colours Though. But You Can Learn About Colours From The Training.

You Could Go On A Training Course Just For Make Up Artist Too And You Will Learn Loads. My Advice Is To Read Lots Of Books Too.

If You Have A Passion, Follow Your Dreams. There Is Not Point Being Stuck In A Job You Are Not Happy With.

If You Want To Pm For Any Advice, Please Do..or Anybody Else..

You don't get anywhere by just thinking about it!

My philosophy in life....

"I'd rather regret something I did do than something I didn't!"

Go for it! As someone who has probably hired over 50 people in various positions from trainee telesales, to management level, I don't think i've ever really taken the 'qualifications' as a strict criteria with anyone....if someone has the passion and potential IMO thats much more important.

Just go for it! What do you have to lose, anyway?

I would say "go for it". Even if you dont get it, its good practice for other job interviews.

Good luck hun.

:hug:

Yes go for it, as the others have said it can't do any harm applying and its all experience x

Sarah marie

I think its a really good idea.

When I started in 'nails' I needed a part time job to supplement my income while I practiced. I worked for Chanel in Debenhams - I presume its a similar job you're thinking of applying for?

It was the best thing I ever did. I made loads of new friends - and LOTS of new contacts, to the point where I had to give it up because I had aquired too many nail clients!!!

No you don't need qualifications, In the job I did make-up was only a part of the role. we had to learn fragrance,skincare, make-up and selling skills.

I can tell you if you really can apply make-up well, you will have an advantage because ... strange as it may seem..... lots of consultants on counters really arn't that good or interested, they concerntrate on being 'sellers'.

By the way the training is quite good but definately is more to do with how you sell a product rather than how you apply it (well it was with Chanel anyway).

Which make-up company is it by the way?

Latest posts

Back