Show us your make up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another vote for Strobe Cream! Prep & Prime is a primer not highlighter if you got mixed up x

There is a Prep + Prime primer but there's also a Prep + Prime Highlighter. Confusing. 😊

Thanks guys! :) need to go on another mac run soon! Desperately needing one in my neck of the woods. X

The make up here is gorgeous!

I am relatively new to make up and just started training with Inglot. I am not confident at all with my make up on other so just looking for a bit of feedback? Go easy on me please! Haha

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390192933.830237.jpg

Also, when someone hasnt had their brows done, what would you do? As it really ruins a look but at the same time they have just booked for make up not brows too!

I think you mean the MAc strobe cream? I love this too and perfect for cheek bones or mixed with foundation x

Haha! Oh yeah what am I on about?!?!! :p

The make up here is gorgeous!

I am relatively new to make up and just started training with Inglot. I am not confident at all with my make up on other so just looking for a bit of feedback? Go easy on me please! Haha

View attachment 53312

Also, when someone hasnt had their brows done, what would you do? As it really ruins a look but at the same time they have just booked for make up not brows too!

Hi :)

Don't worry no one is perfect when they start out , I should dig out a pic of my very first make over we did in college and I would probably cringe. But the more you do the better you will get :)

From you pics it looks like your having a hard time getting your crease colour on smoothly. I think you are being too rough with your blending brush and the brush is dragging the skin and not blending the colour properly for you. Only the very very very tips of a blending brush should touch the skin , and you skin should not move at all . Try holding the brush further down the handle as this will force you to use less pressure .

The other think I've noticed is you placement of crease colour is slightly off , I know it's harder to do it on your self but it looks to me like you've done it with one eye closed and one eye open , this is going to stretch and distort the shape if your eye so it's never going to look right. when applying your crease colour to yourself look dead straight in the mirror , make a little mark where you want you eyeshadow to end and then tilt you head right back and look down your nose to see your crease , this will stretch the skin slightly for you but will not distort the shape , hope that's clear :)

Hi :)

Don't worry no one is perfect when they start out , I should dig out a pic of my very first make over we did in college and I would probably cringe. But the more you do the better you will get :)

From you pics it looks like your having a hard time getting your crease colour on smoothly. I think you are being too rough with your blending brush and the brush is dragging the skin and not blending the colour properly for you. Only the very very very tips of a blending brush should touch the skin , and you skin should not move at all . Try holding the brush further down the handle as this will force you to use less pressure .

The other think I've noticed is you placement of crease colour is slightly off , I know it's harder to do it on your self but it looks to me like you've done it with one eye closed and one eye open , this is going to stretch and distort the shape if your eye so it's never going to look right. when applying your crease colour to yourself look dead straight in the mirror , make a little mark where you want you eyeshadow to end and then tilt you head right back and look down your nose to see your crease , this will stretch the skin slightly for you but will not distort the shape , hope that's clear :)

Thanks so much for the feedback! You are right I do have a lot of trouble with crease blending & placement, hopefully Inglot will help me with that more as my VCTC course didnt really go into great detail about the eyes.

I think I get what you are saying but I will try it out when applying my make up next :) how do you get the right crease placement on clients?

When i'm doing make up on a client I apply a flesh toned eye primer all over the lid right up to the brow bone and make sure my edges are completely blended in. If my eyeshadows are going to be high contrast (light colour on lid, dark colour in the crease) I will normally put a flesh toned matt eyeshadow all over the lid right up to brow bone. I will apply the lid colour next along with a highlight to the inner tear duct area. All of this i think you are probably doing already but just put in down incase :)

This is where you can make your life easier ;) No matter what colour is going into the crease i will get my client to look straight ahead with their eyebrows relaxed (some clients raise their eyebrows when doing their eyeshadow, always get them to relax them). I make a little v shape from the bottom lash line to where the crease is on the top lash line and also gently do a sweep of colour right over the crease of the eye while it's open, this is going to be your guide. DO THIS IN A MATTE BROWN THAT IS 2-3 SHADES DARKER THAN YOUR CLIENTS SKIN TONE.

Even if I am doing a grey smokey eye i always mark out my crease colour in a light matt brown, you are not matching the guide to the eyeshadow your are matching to your clients skin tone. Your are shading their eye so your adding their skin colour a few shade darker to achieve this. Hope this makes sense.

once your have this done and marked out get them to open their eyes and look straight ahead again- if you have taken the colour up too high just use a dry cotton bud and give it a little rub over any areas your not happy with , it will take the extra eyeshadow off and will not leave any harsh lines your eyeshadow will still look blended.

once your have it the way you want it , it is very easy to darken up however you see fit. layering your eyeshadow in this manner will make it much much easier to blend and will also help your shadow stay far longer without budging. always leave a little bit of the guide colour showing through as this will flawlessly blend your eyeshadow out , so you could go from black to pale skin tone more easily without it looking dirty ;)

Its so difficult to explain this in writing but i do hope you understand :)

When i'm doing make up on a client I apply a flesh toned eye primer all over the lid right up to the brow bone and make sure my edges are completely blended in. If my eyeshadows are going to be high contrast (light colour on lid, dark colour in the crease) I will normally put a flesh toned matt eyeshadow all over the lid right up to brow bone. I will apply the lid colour next along with a highlight to the inner tear duct area. All of this i think you are probably doing already but just put in down incase :)

This is where you can make your life easier ;) No matter what colour is going into the crease i will get my client to look straight ahead with their eyebrows relaxed (some clients raise their eyebrows when doing their eyeshadow, always get them to relax them). I make a little v shape from the bottom lash line to where the crease is on the top lash line and also gently do a sweep of colour right over the crease of the eye while it's open, this is going to be your guide. DO THIS IN A MATTE BROWN THAT IS 2-3 SHADES DARKER THAN YOUR CLIENTS SKIN TONE.

Even if I am doing a grey smokey eye i always mark out my crease colour in a light matt brown, you are not matching the guide to the eyeshadow your are matching to your clients skin tone. Your are shading their eye so your adding their skin colour a few shade darker to achieve this. Hope this makes sense.

once your have this done and marked out get them to open their eyes and look straight ahead again- if you have taken the colour up too high just use a dry cotton bud and give it a little rub over any areas your not happy with , it will take the extra eyeshadow off and will not leave any harsh lines your eyeshadow will still look blended.

once your have it the way you want it , it is very easy to darken up however you see fit. layering your eyeshadow in this manner will make it much much easier to blend and will also help your shadow stay far longer without budging. always leave a little bit of the guide colour showing through as this will flawlessly blend your eyeshadow out , so you could go from black to pale skin tone more easily without it looking dirty ;)

I cant wait to try this out now! I do understand what you are saying & never learnt anything like this before in this details!

Thanks so so much Noreen for your time & help I really appreciate it!

Hey! Is this any better? :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392850075.869776.jpg

impossible to say sorry :( I can't see enough detail in your photo :(

I've just started doing make up - here is a before and after on my friend

Attachments

• 6ac40593-b4c8-430e-ae27-2bdff201d85dwallpaper.jpg
    6ac40593-b4c8-430e-ae27-2bdff201d85dwallpaper.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 701
First bridal make up trial. I was so nervous!!! What do you think?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397720901.461093.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397720921.097516.jpg

I've not done make in 5 years and even then it was the occasional bride, loved doing it but think the look I created looks dated x

Before
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398094328.663083.jpg

After
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398094350.773096.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398094364.641412.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398094375.552033.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398094404.107840.jpg

Done a party makeup course and going on to do a bridal hair and makeup course soon ... Love doing makeup! Studying hairdressing at college and also offer hair extensions, spray tans and eye enhancements ... Love every part of everything I do 😍💋

Here's a few of mine xx any constructive criticism welcome xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398118393.903527.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398118401.136652.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398118409.653575.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398118422.887120.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398118434.337332.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398118447.787013.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398118462.021698.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398118476.820957.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398118485.821845.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398118505.004163.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398118525.905204.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398508121.374543.jpg
One of my fave shots from a recent shoot I did.. Wanted a very natural summer beach vibe :)

Bridesmaids MakeUps from today xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399745092.750043.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399745101.099389.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399745110.066423.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399745119.582863.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399745137.284103.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399745732.632370.jpg
One to one training with MUA - did one half of face.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399746299.945511.jpg
Airbrushed

!!BOO.jpg
!!Kay.jpg
!!makeupp.jpg
!AMYYY.jpg
!aysh.jpg
!BOO!1makeup.jpg
!DFMAKEUP.jpg
!ikim.jpg
!jr2.jpg
mu.jpg