Show us your make up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1421304550.902662.jpg

One of my beautiful brides I did last summer, stunning girl!

First attempt at ombré lips. Any suggestions/criticism welcome :)) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1421348584.274281.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1421348592.162624.jpg

A few eye makeup on myself. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1421352549.510123.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1421352560.184855.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1421352581.633202.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1421352593.001833.jpg

Can anyone suggest a good concealer please? I use mac foundation and find it's not got the coverage I expected ( it's supposed to be medium-full ).. Here's me last night with a spot next to my mouth that I couldn't seem to hide ?? 🙈 x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1421497729.330625.jpg

Mac pro longwear concealer is fabulous.

I am a beauty therapist but have taken a couple of private lessons..could anyone give me some feedback as to what they would do different on my photos..desperate to learn but it's hard if you can't see where your going wrong :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1422311179018.jpg
    1422311179018.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 288
  • 1422311195328.jpg
    1422311195328.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 288
  • 1422311223434.jpg
    1422311223434.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 289
I am a beauty therapist but have taken a couple of private lessons..could anyone give me some feedback as to what they would do different on my photos..desperate to learn but it's hard if you can't see where your going wrong :)

Hi classychick! Hope you are ok!

Don't hate me, but if I was to be honest, u would say...

I think the main issue is the blending. The third pic looks gorgeous and seems to me like it's a big improvement on the other two. It looks sultry and just lovely!

The second pic I feel looks rather harsh, so by using other tones/shades, blending more and using highlighter it would make this work better.

I feel that the false lashes on the first pic are sized incorrectly for the eye and are again too harsh for this particular eye/look. Some individuals or clusters would look better.

Makeup is an art though and it takes a lot of practice.

I feel mean saying this to you, because if I was to put some of my old makeup pics on here, we would probably pick fault with lots! Myself included! Ha ha xx

Hope this helps xx

Sorry, just to add... The above is simply my opinion at a glance, but of course, it may well be that the models requested a bold look, in which case they would be spot on! It all depends on what look you/the model wishes to achieve 😘 xx

I have only covered the basics of make up on my beauty therapy course using the college s colour kit they have you buy in level 2, I did really enjoy the photographic make up and had a go at contouring and covering blemishes etc. this is my first attempt since completing beauty. Any criticism welcome, I really want to go on further courses to get this right because I love make up. Thanks for looking ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422531473.954591.jpg this is before and after ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422531509.215300.jpg

A few more eye + lips.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422596038.065173.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422596054.436627.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422596081.866359.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422596101.186697.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422596133.365612.jpgAny tips welcome :))

Hi classychick! Hope you are ok!

Don't hate me, but if I was to be honest, u would say...

I think the main issue is the blending. The third pic looks gorgeous and seems to me like it's a big improvement on the other two. It looks sultry and just lovely!

The second pic I feel looks rather harsh, so by using other tones/shades, blending more and using highlighter it would make this work better.

I feel that the false lashes on the first pic are sized incorrectly for the eye and are again too harsh for this particular eye/look. Some individuals or clusters would look better.

Makeup is an art though and it takes a lot of practice.

I feel mean saying this to you, because if I was to put some of my old makeup pics on here, we would probably pick fault with lots! Myself included! Ha ha xx

Hope this helps xx

Sarahmarie thank you such I really don't know what lashes suit what look to be honest but I really appreciate the feedback. Is there any reading material or courses you could recommend obviously I can't do a full time course :( xx

Here is everything you need to know about applying false lashes:

1. First you'll need to measure the false lashes against your own to
see if they need to be trimmed. Remove the lashes from the packaging
and place them on top of your natural lashes, if the band is longer
than your lash line you'll need to trim them. When trimming lashes
always trim from the outer corner of the false lashes where the hairs
are longer, you'll need the shorter hairs for the inner corners of
your eyes. Your false lashes should start about 1cm from the inner
corner of the eye - where your natural lashes start to darken. Do not
put them past this point as they will feel uncomfortable and not sit
right on your eye. Don't have the lashes too long on the outer corner
either , it's always best to trim them just a little be short of where
your natural lashes stop to ensure they look there best and do not
drag your eye down.

2. If your false lashes have a black band keeping the hairs together
or you want to wear an eye liner as part of your make up its always
best to apply this first. Make sure you use a water based eyeliner (
most liquid and gel liners) and not a oil based eyeliner (most
pencils) or you lashes will not stick properly

3. Throw away the glue that comes with any lashes you buy (they're
usually rubbish) and invest in a good lash glue. I recommend Duo Lash
Adhesive. It only costs €12 and will last you for 2 years! 50c a month
is not bad going to ensure that your lashes stay put all night long
!!!

4. Apply some of the glue to the back of your hand and using the
handle of a pair of tweezers spread the glue so that it just covers
the band , don't apply to much or you'll end up waiting forever for it
to become tacky. If the lashes are quite big or heavy , apply an extra
little dot of glue to either end of the lashes as this is where it is
most likely to come unstuck from the eye.LEAVE THE GLUE TO SET FOR ONE
MINUTE BEFORE YOU PUT IT ON!!! IT MUST BE TACKY. This is the number 1
mistake that most women make when applying lashes, by applying them
too soon you lashes will slip and slide and be impossible to put on.

5. When you glue has become tacky, use your tweezers to place the
lashes in the centre of the eye as close to the natural lash line as
possible. It should sit on top of your eye liner. The lash should stay
in place and not slide about , if it does slide about you haven't let
the glue dry for long enough. Now that you have the centre stuck down
grab the outer corner with the tweezers and glue them down the outer
corner of your eye , again making sure that the band is as close the
the lash line as possible. Repeat for the inner corner. Do not panic
if the lashes are a little out of place, you still have plenty of time
to adjust them before the glue sets. Using the back of the tweezers
push the band of the lashes down in any place where it isn't as close
to the lash line as you with like it. Finally , still using the back
of the tweezers push down on the band the whole way across to make
sure every bit of it is stuck down

As for what lashes suit what look , generally the stronger and more dramatic the eye make up the stronger the lash with the exception of the Kim K nude eye look that's all about lashes. Look at loads of fashion magazines to give you ideas of what will look good and what won't :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422625961.345866.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422625977.299988.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422626009.152448.jpg

Couple of recent clients x

What lashes have you used here please? I love them x

Thanks, but these are my own lashes 😀😊 it's the ones without diamontes on where I have used lashes Hun ☺️ X

Thanks, but these are my own lashes 😀😊 it's the ones without diamontes on where I have used lashes Hun ☺️ X

In the 2nd pic? Omg you have lovely natural lashes! ☺️ jealous! Haha xx

In the 2nd pic? Omg you have lovely natural lashes! ☺️ jealous! Haha xx

Yes, I hate to double check then aswell lol thank you, they used to be thick aswell as long but now just seem thin lol I can't complain they are long lol xx

Latest posts

Back