Sick of having a spray tan every week!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with that in our industry that we should be practising what we preach and I remind myself of that everyday. However i'm terrible at it and am always overdue for my waxing (thankfully clients don't see my bikini and legs are covered) and I haven't had a spray tan since I found out I was pregnant in January so i'm pasty as. I do however find that many of my clients love that i'm not a fully made up 'beautician' so they don't feel intimidated.

I must also agree with SiennaX that having a scheduled time each week to be tanned (or anything else for that matter) does become a drag - been there and done that - so do as best you can, as long as you look healthy who cares if it's a fresh tan every week. It would do your tan some good to have some time to really exfoliate it off to get a fresh application whenever you can.

xx

I agree with that in our industry that we should be practising what we preach and I remind myself of that everyday. However i'm terrible at it and am always overdue for my waxing (thankfully clients don't see my bikini and legs are covered) and I haven't had a spray tan since I found out I was pregnant in January so i'm pasty as. I do however find that many of my clients love that i'm not a fully made up 'beautician' so they don't feel intimidated.

I must also agree with SiennaX that having a scheduled time each week to be tanned (or anything else for that matter) does become a drag - been there and done that - so do as best you can, as long as you look healthy who cares if it's a fresh tan every week. It would do your tan some good to have some time to really exfoliate it off to get a fresh application whenever you can.

xx
Yea I agree darl
:hug:xx

Well, I wouldn't employ a cleaner with a dirty house or a hairdresser with messy hair, so I'[m afraid I agree with Fifitrix all the way. If you are a professional then showcase your woprk properly, not in a half-hearted 'couldn't be bothered'.

I'm not a 'fully made-up' beautician, I just look after myself and present myself to my clients looking healthy in a natural way. In fact a large proportion of my clients have come to me after seeing my tan, or nails on me, and how can I then assure them of the same result if I've gone about application in a totally different manner.

You are your own best advert.......so surely your business is worth a little time each work for advertising?

Show what you sell..your a walking advertising board..if you sell sachets then use them...if you sell spray tans then....well erm....spray tan yourself and spread the :Love:

If your fed up having to have a spray tan every week do what I do .....switch to B&Q fence paint...only needs applying every 25 years and looks fab...trouble is birds try to sit on you and old ladies try to lean on you and talk over you :eek:

If your fed up having to have a spray tan every week do what I do .....switch to B&Q fence paint...only needs applying every 25 years and looks fab...trouble is birds try to sit on you and old ladies try to lean on you and talk over you :eek:

:lol: :smack: Dont let angelia see that she will go mad!

You always there to make light of the situation :lol:

:lol: :smack: Dont let angelia see that she will go mad!

You always there to make light of the situation :lol:

mmm some times it is needed when you read through some threads :hug:

Personally I don't think it's necessary that you have to have a spray tan every week. Though I do feel it helps to "have a bit of colour" if one of the main services you are promoting is spray tanning.

We own a salon where one of our main services is spray tanning (using Fake Bake products). Not all the girls who perform the service get spray tanned themselves, though they always "have a bit of colour". Some choose the spray tan route, others prefer the "homecare" lotions - again in our case by Fake Bake.

TBH no 2 spray tans look the same due to peoples skin tones, so I don't think any of your clients are going to twig that your tan may have originated from a bottle/satchet whatever. They are more concerned that THEIR tan looks perfect.

As far as I'm aware Sienna X do a range of lotions? If that's the case isn't it worth giving them a whirl?

Cheers

Derek

Just to add, that by using a lotion - for example - at least some of the time it should help with some add on retail sales.

Gives you an opportunity to recommend your client some homecare for "topping up" their tan. This is especially important this time of year when people tend to get sweaty feet (yuck), and also for folk going on holiday and dipping in and out the pool/sea.

Providing them with a top up solution should prevent those embarrasing white bits that appear!

I'm laughing as some people have taken the comment completely OTT. How many times can I stress that I was only asking. Good lord!

Just to add, that by using a lotion - for example - at least some of the time it should help with some add on retail sales.

Gives you an opportunity to recommend your client some homecare for "topping up" their tan. This is especially important this time of year when people tend to get sweaty feet (yuck), and also for folk going on holiday and dipping in and out the pool/sea.

Providing them with a top up solution should prevent those embarrasing white bits that appear!

Good advo, cheers
:hug:

God, I've never been so nervous reading a thread before:rolleyes:

I get my boyf to tan me and I have even trien to tan myself (not the best option!!) but I admit sometimes I just cant be bothered and I am the same with my nails but as I am my main advertising I make sure that I keep on top of it no matter how late at night it is.

I also use Tan in a Can as a top up and the sachets if I am starting to fade and I always tell my clients that I use this as it is a great retail opportunity, not every client can come back as often as they need to so these items are fab for them to use inbetween sprays.

HTHs

xxxx

I also use Tan in a Can as a top up and the sachets if I am starting to fade and I always tell my clients that I use this as it is a great retail opportunity, not every client can come back as often as they need to so these items are fab for them to use inbetween sprays.

xxxx

My sentiments exactly!! Only last night I asked my boyfriend to spray me, and he was too tired...come to think of it, so was I...! That's the problem with working so many hours. Ok, I agree i'm a walking advert for my business, but you know what? I rarely have a spray tan of my own, because his technique is usuallly RUBBISH!! I end up a bit patchy, or he's missed a streak etc etc, and I'd rather have no tan than a bad tan!! I have had some good ones in the past, so all is not lost - and we will keep trying! So, I DO use lotions/sachets, especially whn my tan starts to fade, as it really does make a huge difference to the time it lasts, and I like to hold onto my colour as long as possible! I tell my clients this, and they love that they can make their tan (And therefore, their hard earned money) last a bit longer :) There's no reason why you can't space your tans out a bit longer, and use some of the products you retail as well...it's not like you've gone to Superdrug & bought a 99p sachet!! XXX

My sentiments exactly!! Only last night I asked my boyfriend to spray me, and he was too tired...come to think of it, so was I...! That's the problem with working so many hours. Ok, I agree i'm a walking advert for my business, but you know what? I rarely have a spray tan of my own, because his technique is usuallly RUBBISH!! I end up a bit patchy, or he's missed a streak etc etc, and I'd rather have no tan than a bad tan!! I have had some good ones in the past, so all is not lost - and we will keep trying! So, I DO use lotions/sachets, especially whn my tan starts to fade, as it really does make a huge difference to the time it lasts, and I like to hold onto my colour as long as possible! I tell my clients this, and they love that they can make their tan (And therefore, their hard earned money) last a bit longer :) There's no reason why you can't space your tans out a bit longer, and use some of the products you retail as well...it's not like you've gone to Superdrug & bought a 99p sachet!! XXX

Yea I agree! :hug:

Bless your BF! I all ways get angry with mine, he does his best though bless!

I'm lucky me & my sister in law do spray tanning so i just to go to her and vice versa - if my other half did it i'd prob have huge white patches lol x

I'm lucky me & my sister in law do spray tanning so i just to go to her and vice versa - if my other half did it i'd prob have huge white patches lol x

Yea you are lucky! Do you both work together?

xx

If I'm in a rush and can't wait for my bf to spray me, I just do my face myself, I can manage my arms (practice honestly you can do it) and a sprinking on my legs if I'm wearing cut-offs! OK I look a bit funny with no clothes on but then I usually do anyway. Who's going to know!!!!!

:lol:

well all i can say is lucky to those who can trust their bf's to spray tan them i asked mine to do my back for a wedding last week and told him just do it in lines. he had done exactly what i said BUT he left about a 2 inch gap between each line! lol looked like a flippin car had run over me. anyways i agree about us being the best advert etc but somteimes with babies and clients and washing and cookng you just cant be bothered doing nails and spray tan and everything all the time. if i could get someone to do it for me i probably would have prefect nails and tan all the time but its so difficult doing it yourself.

As im a trainer i trained my mum to do spray tanning so she doesnt do too bad although i still whinge and moan about little things as after doing it for so long im a huge perfectionist lol

There is no way on earth id let my boyfriend spray me!!!
x

Yea you are lucky! Do you both work together?

xx

Yeah we do, so if one of us can't do a spray tan then the other one can. I've had a few problems - my baby was born in april and has been in hospital ever since - but she's been really good and carried on the business for us both! x

Latest posts

Back