SIENNA-X: Salon Locator

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urban Geek

Mobile Nail technician
Reaction score
Is anyone on the Sienna-X Salon Locator on their website? If so, do you find it worthwhile.

I tried to register myself on their salon locator and was really miffed to find out that you have to pay £75+VAT for the privilege. Yes, the £75+VAT includes some perks, ie 5% off all orders and some marketing bits'n'bobs but it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.:irked:

Having purchased one of their professional kits and undergone their training, I would have thought that would have been sufficient but ...

What are your thoughts?

Hi,why dont you get in touch with some of the people who are on their salon selector to see if they find it worthwhile, afterall they are living proof.
If you have a website, most people would pick you out from that anyway.
If you havent got one I would recommend speakng to Ruth Mills on here HTH :)

I guess each company adopts a different approach to these kinds of this as we do....our therapists can register on our therapist locator's for free :hug:

Hmm, £75 + VAT for what is essentially an entry on a database seems a tad expensive to me!

Hi, i used to have my details listed on their locator before they updated to the new £75 one. I never got anything from this at all, and although there is the benefit of the extra discount on orders, if you are not ordering on a very regular basis then to me it doesnt seem worth it. If you have a website you are far better off working on your own google rankings than paying for the priviledge of being in an online directory. We change a couple of words and added detail to google maps and are all ready seeing the benefits.

Helen xx

Thanks everyone! I have calmed down now. I have my own website which I think will do just as well. :hug:

Hi Christine,

I totally agree with you that this £75 charge is just ridiculous.

I was fuming as a month before the £75 charge came in I spoke to someone at Sienna X and they assured me that I would be on the stockists page 6 months after my training, which would have been around about now. Then I got a pack through explaining about the £75 thing and I couldn't believe it.

I have always thought their service was fab but I am really disappointed by this.

However, if it didn't bring much business by being on there then I guess it doesn't matter so I have calmed down now too!

Hi Christine,

I totally agree with you that this £75 charge is just ridiculous.

I was fuming as a month before the £75 charge came in I spoke to someone at Sienna X and they assured me that I would be on the stockists page 6 months after my training, which would have been around about now. Then I got a pack through explaining about the £75 thing and I couldn't believe it.

I have always thought their service was fab but I am really disappointed by this.

However, if it didn't bring much business by being on there then I guess it doesn't matter so I have calmed down now too!

That is why I was so annoyed - I too was sold the package with the Salon Locator facility part of it. Hey ho! x:)

Latest posts

Back