Simple peroxide question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeakygeek

Reaction score
okay folks. My work colleague who is a respected colourist,(but not today) has stunned me, she has declared that if you mix equal quantities 6% & 12% you get 18% and therefore they should not be mixed as they can burn the hair and mixing peroxides is how bombs are made!!!! WHAT!!

Of course, I am right equal quantities 6% + 12% make 9%..Or maybe it is me that needs to go back to colour school

A bet for the Cappucinos are resting on this, so votes please.
Cheers in advance for your time:smack:

You are correct. Your friend is wrong. I am 200% sure of this. I too have heard a hairdresser say similar. Sacked that one!!
% in peroxide mean % volume in water so they cannot be added up! They just dilute(subtract) from each other.

yes u are right!!!!! as in colour mix 4 and 6 and u get 5 not 10!!!!!:green:

I dont believe that you are right, i was always taught that it should be diluted with water. Not by mixing say 40vol with 20vol to try and get 30. It just wont work..... Dont you think people would be taught that at college ect if it were right?

arite calm down! maybe u should read it again!!! no one mixes peroxide, she is just saying if u did mix 6 and 12 u would not get 18!
I dont believe that you are right, i was always taught that it should be diluted with water. Not by mixing say 40vol with 20vol to try and get 30. It just wont work..... Dont you think people would be taught that at college ect if it were right?

Lol i ar'nt angry...Hah, I was just saying. Shes got a coffee on this bet so im just adding my 'vote' :)

Of course, I am right equal quantities 6% + 12% make 9%..Or maybe it is me that needs to go back to colour school
Is what my post was aimed at.....

Last edited:
shes speakin a load of old twaddle LOL. . . . . . .seriously she owes u a large coffee wit hazlenut syrup for that peach of a statement x

lol u r ryt ur friend iz rong xxx

Right so basicaly she is saying that if you add a weaker substance(6%) to a stronger one(12%) it will make that substance stronger? That makes no sence in anyones terms even if you were not a hairdresser...of cource you are right. xxx

Latest posts

Back