skin staining brow tinting question!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keely.88

Reaction score
HI im looking for an eyebrow tint that stains the skin really well with out having to leave it on too long, if any one can help me out this will be really helpfull.

HI im looking for an eyebrow tint that stains the skin really well with out having to leave it on too long, if any one can help me out this will be really helpfull.
Combinal stains the skin very quickly.Try mixing the blue with the black,the blue is very strong.HTH

I though we were meant to be keeping it off the skin and just dying the brows! :eek:

I though we were meant to be keeping it off the skin and just dying the brows! :eek:
It seems that there is a new theme in staining the skin as well to emphasise the brows these days Weezie.All very odd considering that any tint comes off very quickly and contains no DHA.

Each to their own lol:lol:

its good to use skin staining for clients that dont have many hairs in their brows, there is a new system on the market called hd brows and alot of clients are now asking for this treatment.

its good to use skin staining for clients that dont have many hairs in their brows, there is a new system on the market called hd brows and alot of clients are now asking for this treatment.
Does this product actually have DHA or something else that makes the tint last added to it?Only if it doesn't I cannot see how it could last for more than a day or so:confused:.The skins natural secretions would soon rid the skin of any staining.I think I shall have to Google this one as I am quite interested in the concept of it.:)

ok this is the link from Salon Geek I found and this states that the tint does NOT stain the skin for any longer(as I have also said above)

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/107644-skin-staining-brow-tinting-question.html

Last edited:
Interesting.:hug:

I thought HD brows was semi permanent tattooing is there a link to this treatment.

Thanks for both the links guys x The technique seems to be good for shaping but only good for tinting if you want very dark brows. I assume it's the therapists technique that still really matters though. I think the course gives therapists confidence to tint and shape properly, there seems to be no new products being used but correct me if I'm wrong. Also they do offer semi permanent brows at the salon and some of the pics seem like there has been a little bit of help using tattooing. Some great looking brows though!

Last edited:
Flippin' heck, I wish my clients would let me do that to them; some of them are just such wimps when it comes to brow tinting!

Flippin' heck, I wish my clients would let me do that to them; some of them are just such wimps when it comes to brow tinting!

Ha ha-mine too!:hug: They want such a little change that it's hardly worth tinting- but they're happy so what can we do!

Good bit of marketing . . . . I wish I'd thought of doing that. Hats off to the girl for putting a completely sexy new spin on eyebrow shaping and tinting, you have to hand it to her!

You'll have to get your hands on my brows one day then - I like mine nice and dark :)

I used to skin tinted when got brows doen all time, much better and darker, more shape and definiton, lasted about 1-2 weeks no more but defo more than 1-2 days. I have now had them done properley semi perm make-up and still get them tinted when get them waxed,, lol. Think it's an addiction, get brows done, want darker, then lips, then eyes, now hair extended, etc etc. xxx Just think you get used to them being dark. xx

I think this is a good idea if you want eyebrows like Jordan. They dont seem very natural looking. Everyone would be talking to your eyebrows lol
Good look for the stars but personally I dont think i'll be offering this xxx

I do think it is a nice way of re-valuing the run-of-the mill brow wax in the salon - but tbh I have been doing this (minus the threading) with brows for years - I always tinted them dark enough to give a fatter brow so that the finished shape was defined - I even used to offer the tint as a freebie to get the client hooked and I can tell you it worked everytime. And I was such a fart with brows - they had to be spot on. Don't do so many these days as I am mobile (not worth it just for brows)

I always used a grey as it was more natural than brown - I still wonder who actually has genuinly brown brows.

Kim is looking at developing a tint that stains for longer - dunno how far on she is with this.

I do think it is a nice way of re-valuing the run-of-the mill brow wax in the salon - but tbh I have been doing this (minus the threading) with brows for years - I always tinted them dark enough to give a fatter brow so that the finished shape was defined - I even used to offer the tint as a freebie to get the client hooked and I can tell you it worked everytime. And I was such a fart with brows - they had to be spot on. Don't do so many these days as I am mobile (not worth it just for brows)

I always used a grey as it was more natural than brown - I still wonder who actually has genuinly brown brows.

Kim is looking at developing a tint that stains for longer - dunno how far on she is with this.

Kim Lawless? The chemistry aspect sounds fascinating. I know that something like the Lawsone in henna reacts with the top layer of skin via a process called Michael addition - so it's a proper chemical reaction rather than just pigment sticking to the skin. Likewise with DHA that undergoes the Maillard reaction with proteins in the skin.

Eeeeh sorry - yes - Kim Lawless, she mentioned it one of the threads re h d brows.

Thanks for that Ruth, your right henna does last ages - so this ingredient would be superb.

Eeeeh sorry - yes - Kim Lawless, she mentioned it one of the threads re h d brows.

Thanks for that Ruth, your right henna does last ages - so this ingredient would be superb.

Ah yes, Lawsone (2-hydroxy-1,4-napthoquinone, Lawsone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) - which gives a reddish brown stain on the skin.

Then there's a blue/black stain possible from a plant extract called Jagua, jagua black temporary tattoos - not to be confused with the synthetic dye PPD which has been used to create "black henna" tattoos by unscrupulous artists and can cause severe skin reactions (it's used in some black hair dyes but is not meant to come into contact with the skin).

Latest posts

Back