Skin type????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup I agree you can never know enough, I have enough books to read for the next year!!!

Haha i have this book - came with my lst lot of Amazon purchases. I think as you say it is intermingling types with conditions, I've not read it yet, but skimming through the areas seem to be ...

oily
sensitive
pigmented
wrinkled
Tight
resistant
dry
non-pigmented

and then she puts them into 16 different combinations such as
OSPW - Oily, sensitive, pigmented and wrinkled
ORNW - Oily, resistant, non-pigmented and wrinkled
DSPW - Sry, sensitive, pigmented and wrinkled.

It does seem a good book and really takes your consultation to new depths, with suggested products and treatments to use - some professional and some over the counter.

HTH

Oooh im really excited now it sounds ace !

Hehehe, just ordered mine quick before you all get in and nick them all! It sounds really interesting, this. I'm sure I've read something about it before, so I'll look forward to learning more.

Haha i have this book - came with my lst lot of Amazon purchases. I think as you say it is intermingling types with conditions, I've not read it yet, but skimming through the areas seem to be ...

oily
sensitive
pigmented
wrinkled
Tight
resistant
dry
non-pigmented

and then she puts them into 16 different combinations such as
OSPW - Oily, sensitive, pigmented and wrinkled
ORNW - Oily, resistant, non-pigmented and wrinkled
DSPW - Sry, sensitive, pigmented and wrinkled.

It does seem a good book and really takes your consultation to new depths, with suggested products and treatments to use - some professional and some over the counter.

HTH
this book sounds like a must have! just got my new skincare range delivered so I think i'll brush up and then can start as i mean to go on. I'm really excited its the Eve Taylor range, I oredered it at excel and it took me over budget but was sooo worth it xx

this book sounds like a must have! just got my new skincare range delivered so I think i'll brush up and then can start as i mean to go on. I'm really excited its the Eve Taylor range, I oredered it at excel and it took me over budget but was sooo worth it xx
Well you will love the Eve Taylor range,fantastic products at great value prices.There aren't many facial products that are so inexpensive.:green:

thats true and they do seem to be right up there with all of the big names popularity wise, the products are just gorgeous, want to keep them all for myself. x
just got the cryogenic facial masks haven't used them yet any tips?

It sounds a fascinating read but I dont know how non-pigmentated skin can be classed as a skin type - isnt that like saying normal skin isnt oily or dry?

In a consultation when we diagnose the skin we can look at the skin and record every characteristic with everything from freckles to moles to open pores and prescribe skincare accordingly.

I would like to have a read as it sounds that a better consultation can be achieved with more knowledge and understanding of the skin but to be fair to our clients - going into this much depth would be a little confusing.

With the setting masks you need to make sure you apply thickly and quickly.I used the rose water plus warm water to mix the mask,apparently it slows down the setting time giving you more time to apply the mask before it sets.

They are lovely masks,and you have time to do a foot and hand massage while it's on,I call these my luxury facials and charge more for the pleasure.

Yes Pazzy,I think you're right it can be a little confusing.I think it's good to learn as much as we can,but without causing confusion to our clients.:green:

With the setting masks you need to make sure you apply thickly and quickly.I used the rose water plus warm water to mix the mask,apparently it slows down the setting time giving you more time to apply the mask before it sets.

They are lovely masks,and you have time to do a foot and hand massage while it's on,I call these my luxury facials and charge more for the pleasure.

Yes Pazzy,I think you're right it can be a little confusing.I think it's good to learn as much as we can,but without causing confusion to our clients.:green:
thanks babs, i'll try the rosewater, i thought hand and foot massage was a good idea too and have included that on my flyers, thanks x

I've got this book, but haven't read it yet. Next on my list. I'll be interested to see what those of you who have read it, think about it.

Well it arrived a couple of days ago, at first I was gobsmacked as didn't realise book would be so big !

Have read two chapters so far & im really impressed already picked up loads of information regarding ingredients that affect certain skin types/conditions.

IMO every therapist should have a copy of this book :green:

Well it arrived a couple of days ago, at first I was gobsmacked as didn't realise book would be so big !

Have read two chapters so far & im really impressed already picked up loads of information regarding ingredients that affect certain skin types/conditions.

That's great Juliette,thanks for letting us know.xx

I got mine a couple of days ago too and I totally agree with everything you say there!!
I think this is one of those books that I'll keep to hand and use as a reference book.

I've started reading mine too. Its excellent. Certainly makes you more aware of things to look for when your are trying to determine someones skin types, and there are certainly questions from the book I'll be adding to my consultation card.

I agree with Juliette. If you are serious about skincare, you should have a copy of this book!

Latest posts

Back