Sleeping during Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purplerose

Reaction score
Oh my God, I have just had a customer who fell asleep while I was doing a Shellac on hands and feet. She said she was out the night before and up early to take her niece and nephew out for the day. I do feet on my massage table and I didnt realised she had fallen asleep until her feet kept jerking and making it difficult for me to paint. I looked up to see her asleep!!! Trying to manoeuvre her feet in and out of the lamp was interesting!!!

Then I woke her up to move her to the table for her nails but when I wasn't working on one hand she would use it to prop her head up to sleep. I kept having to pull it back and eventually her head just dropped and she was asleep again.

This got so annoying and took much longer than normal. When I was finished I woke her up properly, she thanked me, paid me and left, without even looking at her nails!!!

Has this ever happened to anyone?! What was supposed to be a quick Shellac turned into a horrible experience!!! So annoying!! 😢

Hilarious... Sorry never happened to me but I don't know how you stopped yourself from laughing :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh god I have visions of you trying to wake her up!! I know I have fallen asleep during treatments before, but only massage! I do get sleepy when I'm getting my hair done though.

She must of been absolutely wrecked! Really irritating for you though. Next time try blasting some heavy metal, that'll wake em up!

Oh gosh, that's so funny! But so annoying for you!

It's hard enough sometimes trying to position clients when they're awake, I dread to think what it would be like when they're asleep! :eek:

Loool classic :lol:

I have a client who always comes straight from a night shift and she often drifts off and I have to shake her hand to wake her coz its really difficult with her hand all floppy and occasional jerks.Lol

I would have sprayed her with my soapy water ;)

I've had a client do this before, I didn't mind except her hands twitching as she nodded off, always joked about buying a pillow for my nail table! To be honest I think chatting all day is tiring, think if rather they slept and left me to it lol!

Maybe if it ever happens again you could wake her and say, I appreciate ur tired but it is making it very difficult to work, if you just let me finish off the treatment then you can get some rest? Xxx

I really did have a good laugh about this. I am sorry this happened to you but it makes a great story! Lol.

I have a client who falls asleep all the time. She has L&P with shellac over the top. I end up holding her entire weight by the finger I'm working on. If I left go suddenly she would flip backwards off the chair!

Once I even got her to have a good look through the shellac samples to keep her awake and she nodded off in the middle of looking. I didn't know my work was that boring :)

It does sound funny but in reality it's not as you need to constantly redo work that's been messed up.

Maybe one of those little electric shock things you can hide in your hand would help

Vicki x

I did have the occasional chuckle to myself when I was working on her and she was asleep, sometimes mouth open, but it just got annoying after a while. Sometimes she would acknowledge what I was doing and "help" me with her hand in and out of the lamp, but most of the time it was dead weight. She was a brand new customer, but said she would be back!! Oh the joy!!!

Happens alot to us hair stylists. Try doing a full head foils when your clients head is rolling all over the place lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have a client who always nods off, during a full leg wax and always during her shellac. The other day she was talking about her daughter having her baby in two weeks time and then she went quiet, gave a little jerk and started going on about swans! It was so funny, we had a laugh and then she nodded off again.

Karaxxx

Id just make sure it doesnt slip into a habit, like nodding off on the bus... once youve done it once its almost like you have permission to keep doing it, :)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

This also happened to me during a shellac.... Unfortunately my table is on wheels so by the time I had finished I was pinned against the wall !!!!!

I fell asleep on a bus once, was having a strange dream about picking my nose.
Woke myself up moaning in a sexual way with my finger rummaging up my nose.... I got off three stops early to avoid the strange looks I was gettin

This also happened to me during a shellac.... Unfortunately my table is on wheels so by the time I had finished I was pinned against the wall !!!!!

I fell asleep on a bus once, was having a strange dream about picking my nose.
Woke myself up moaning in a sexual way with my finger rummaging up my nose.... I got off three stops early to avoid the strange looks I was gettin

PMSL.... You two have put me in stitches:D

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm just imagining that haha! oh gosh, what are some people like eh? one of my clients said to me that when i get my salon i'm to get a chair that has grips for the wrists at the sides so her hands can stay in place while i do my job and she sleeps! haha x

I also have a client who comes in straight from a run of night shifts.
She draws her chair up close to my table, places her hands in front of me and slides back in the chair and has a snooze.
I don't mind as there is no need to make chat early in the morning.
She reckons that the snooze keeps her going all day and she gets into a 'normal' sleep routine for her days off. :|

Hey ho ! Just another client with another quirk :lol:

This happened to me once and what I did was to wake her up everytime I see her fall asleep.

Latest posts

Back