Smelly Brazilian wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds daft but I'm more anxious about the whole scenario and beautician over the pain....I hate new situations, not knowing what to expect. I don't get my legs done any more as I moved area. I think thinking I will book for legs and plain bikini line to ease my way in but I need to find someone I feel comfortable with xx

I'm biased but maybe try a mobile therapist? You may feel more comfortable in your own home.

I do know what you mean about someone who you feel comfortable with though, I went to my local salon last year, and although it was immaculate and the treatment was fab, the therapist spent the whole time telling me how much money she had spent on her hair/earrings/make up etc etc.

That's when I started doing my own waxing too lol x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
You sound very professional, well done.

I say to my clients

I'll just leave you to get ready, I need you to take all your clothes off from your bottom half and pop them over there.
Here are some wipes for you to use and then lie on the couch under this towel.

I think thats perfect, I'll do the same. Just matter of fact and not making a big deal of it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Glad its not just me! I wax myself, and still shower before hand!
Nowt as queer as folk!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Haha, me too!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Our beds are set up with paper towel and an individually wrapped wet wipe on top of it.
You're still going to get smelly people regardless. I've never said a word, most of my clients know.
I once had a lady who literally did a number 2 and hadn't wiped, to the point where she left a mark on the paper towel. Now every time she comes in she's say "oh I had a shower today" but she still smells.

Our beds are set up with paper towel and an individually wrapped wet wipe on top of it.
You're still going to get smelly people regardless. I've never said a word, most of my clients know.
I once had a lady who literally did a number 2 and hadn't wiped, to the point where she left a mark on the paper towel. Now every time she comes in she's say "oh I had a shower today" but she still smells.
:eek::

I've just did this course and and reading this all I gotta say is omg lol xxx:eek::eek::

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I do regular bikini waxing and have had a few odours and strings to navigate around but compared to the actual poop stories I feel quite lucky!

It takes all sorts i spose :rolleyes:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

how can you not wipe after a number 2?!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

This happened to me recently aswell :( and to make it worse it was on my BIRTHDAY :(

I even remember thinking to myself sarcastically "oh happy birthday Noreen" lol

Was horrified and just done the job as quick as I could ? I'm gagging actuality thinking about it lol :)

I seem to get a lot of not very hygienic clients when it comes to intimate waxing. A lot of mine come after a full days work :Scared:. I leave wipes and ask them to freshen up but sometimes that just doesn't make much difference. And it's not just that area, it's hot at the moment and as soon as shoes come off :Scared::Scared:. I don't have a strong stomach and I feel myself gag quite often!!

I was wondering about re typing my aftercare and handing it out again and including to come freshly showered for appointments. What do you think?

Ewwww! Sounds awful and I really feel for you! I did a brazillian wax on a lady about 8 years ago and she actually had lumps of poop matted into her bum hairs. It stank and I felt very sick. She came back 6 weeks later but much cleaner the second time thank goodness!

Sent from my GT-S7275R using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh my god, I think i'd vomit or freeze in shock haha how can people go for a number two & not clean themselves properly, especially before intimate waxing!?!

I seem to get a lot of not very hygienic clients when it comes to intimate waxing. A lot of mine come after a full days work :Scared:. I leave wipes and ask them to freshen up but sometimes that just doesn't make much difference. And it's not just that area, it's hot at the moment and as soon as shoes come off :Scared::Scared:. I don't have a strong stomach and I feel myself gag quite often!!

I was wondering about re typing my aftercare and handing it out again and including to come freshly showered for appointments. What do you think?

I have a sheet for aftercare but I give it to all clients who are coming for waxing for the first time. The first thing it says is
"Please come clean and ready to be waxed"
I haven't had any horrors yet but watch this space!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I keep thinking o lord how do these ladies go to a wax like that.....actually how do these ladies walk around like that wax or no wax!!!!! It's just stomach turning, do they sit on their friends sofas with that going on under their trousers!!! I might leave wipes at my front door 😉 xx

Im on the floor cackling @ some of these posts :D

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

These stories are awful but hilarious! I think the worst I've ever had was similar to the 'matting' incident mentioned a few posts ago... and she was a therapist!! :eek:

I always ask my clients to pop to the loo and use the wipes provides to freshen up although most go straight to the toilet on arrival to do this anyway. This particular lady declined saying she had just showered and was clean. It became apparent from the moment she undressed that she hadn't!

I can only assume she had a dicky tummy and had perhaps 'sharted' because the mess was almost up her back!:eek: It had obviously been there for a while because it was dry. (I didn't study it closely but it sure looked that way!)

When I asked her if she'd like to go back to the toilet and have another freshen up she almost bit my head off and insisted she had just showered so I was left in an awkward position having to tell her that I could only perform her treatment if she went and cleaned the 'Number 2 residue' from her backside.

Needless to say she was horrified and returned from the loo fully clothed to pay and leave without being waxed! Never saw her again. :rolleyes:

x

Oh gosh. You guys deserve medals. You are now one therapist down for waxing. I've deleted the lot from my website. .. and it didn't even cover intimate. Ha.

Best of luck. 'Bottoms up' as they say.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Outback Organics do lovely wipes Tea Tree Oil and designed for prior to hair removal.

Just saying... :)

I have a sheet for aftercare but I give it to all clients who are coming for waxing for the first time. The first thing it says is
"Please come clean and ready to be waxed"
I haven't had any horrors yet but watch this space!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh, posted before I visited today for my waxing! Hope that's still true, lol.
Thanks again Vikki, see you in a few weeks time.
Angela

I take my hat off to carers. They do an amazing job. And it's one I certainly couldn't do.

I'm a carer part time as well as hair, and I really feel for those doing intimate waxing as I know how unpleasant some smells can be! Xx

Lol I am actually sitting here waiting in my next client wetting myself laughing at all these comments! Such a glamorous job we all have haha. X

Latest posts

Back