Smile line using gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lulubell

Reaction score
Hi there just wondering if anyone has any tips on getting the perfect smile line using gel. I am doing my training and have my next training day next week but I would love to perfect this before I go. I have been practising every day using the corner of the brush but I just cant get it right.:cry:

What sort of gel are you using? Paint on (thinnish consistency) or sculpting (thicker, like your pink/clear)? This will help geeks give you advice.

Also, if you go to 'navigation' top left of the page and then down to 'tutorials' you'll find some great help with this.

Hi there i'm using exflow buff off gel. I just had a look at the tutorials but there is one on sculpting on forms but I am using natural tips.

Last edited:
Why not just wait for your training ? ... that is what training is for. :green:

Some gels paint on and some people 'string' the smile line which is what I do the most. Others push into place holding the brush very parallel to the nail surface. There are many methods that work. Why not wait and see how they instruct you best for that particular gel?

I have already done two days training and have to do a full set next week when I go back , I have been practising but I still cant get the shape of the smile line as good as it should be.

do you swipe it using your clense it on the brush??

No I havn't used clense we were shown just to wipe the brush clean of gel on the white roll and swipe, does it help using the clense?

yes on my training i was shown to wipe the brush clean of gel then wipe it in the clense it then swipe the smile line in. it definatly makes a difference and the smile line is alot crisper. you just have to make sure that you freeze cure for approx 10 secs as quick as you can after you have swiped to make sure that it doesnt level out and lose the crispness.

Thanks for the info Sian I will give it a try tommorrow. XX

I used to do a layer of clear gel then my white, I found that whatever I did the white used to bleed and would never be crisp so I started to do clear then wipe, buff slightly then apply white, it was much better but still not good enough for what I expected soooo, I had read a post on here about using a dotting tool for whites instead of a brush and for me its fab !

I use the dotting tool to do the first layer of white, cure, then for the second layer I use the dotting tool to apply the white at the smile line but then have a brush handy to pull the gel to the free edge do it doesnt get bulky.

Works for me, but then like Geeg said there are many different ways to do things and you need to find the right way for you x

Latest posts

Back