Snake Skin Manicure & Pedicure Hits The UK

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snakeskin polish is easily done using layered polish and pressing a piece of mesh netting into it. My goddaughter LOVES it.

Snakeskin polish is easily done using layered polish and pressing a piece of mesh netting into it. My goddaughter LOVES it.
Don't give anyone ideas! Allot of people read salon geek!! :lol:

Love the polish idea! Show and tell?

Geeg,

I will do a few color pops tomorrow and post pics in nail forum. It really does create a unique effect.

Bless ... as if you havent got enough to do before Christmas! lol NO pressure. x

LOL. Im done shopping. I work for a salon in department store (Macys) my shopping had been done for months:lol:. Thread will be Snakeskin manicure for Geeg.

I did my first snakeskin pedi on myself about 6 years ago!! Being a snake keeper at the time, I was forever looking at ways to use the skins from cards, decorted photo frames for fellow keepers and t sell at fundraising events etc :D

There are so, so many snake keepers in the UK and the vast majority of them discard their sloughed snakeskins ( some keep them to cmpare gorwth rates within their collection etc )

As Susan said, snakes are exceptionally clean animals when kept by conscientious people and their sloughed skins pose no great risk of carrying infections etc

I have used bearded dragon skins also on my nails - wonder if I could sell the idea for £300 a set though ;) xx

I must admit the thought doesn't appeal to me but, it's nice to see geeks responding in a positive manner & to alleviate some of the myths surrounding snakes & shed skin :)

I already do a snakeskin design using two different coloured acrylics, with Tulle.
Apply first colour. Once it has firmed a tad, take a piece of Tulle (that has been dipped into clear acrylic powder) and press into the wet acrylic, creating channels into it. Remove straight away.
Apply second colour, very runny, so that it fills in the channels.
VOILA

Pretty cool effect

I'd like to know how people come up with these ideas. I just don't have the imagination to look at a piece of snake skin and think it'd be a good idea to put it on my fingernails.

Latest posts

Back