So darn beautiful, do you know what it is?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

picchi

Reaction score
I was just reading though my nail art RRS feeds and saw this beauty:

tumblr_lvcgvnlm1e1qzkpm8o1_500.jpg

On this blog: nails X infinity

They are so pretty I'm completely blown away. Does any one know what product is that has been used to create the look?

Wow I have no idea but am very keen to know also... Almost hypnotic :)

I'm almost positive they're nail shields, as I've seen them before.

If so, then they are affixed to the nails, and not created with product.

Looks like they are full coverage tips from gold or silver

Gallery | Original Nail Art

Miss Trinity have I told you how wonderful you are :hug:?

I am going to send off the link to the hubby and see if he gets the hint :wink2:. These will make such a great x-mas gift...

---EDIT---

After reading the link more closely I think these will have to be a Valentines gift as I think it's a little late to start ordering custom made articles for the holidays from Canada *sad sace*

Last edited:
After reading the link, am I right in thinking these are a ring on each finger? They look lovely, but how bizarre!

No, I'm guessing it can't be - baffled though about the 'ring sizing'?

These are gold and I have a set. I used to wear them on just one or two fingers ... lol ... I've never worn them for years but they are still in my jewellery box! Un-loved and un-wanted !sniff! :º(

These are gold and I have a set. I used to wear them on just one or two fingers ... lol ... I've never worn them for years but they are still in my jewellery box! Un-loved and un-wanted !sniff! :º(

I can't believe you've just admitted that!

You're going to be inundated with offers now to give them a good home :lol:

I think they're beautiful... I've never seen anything like them before!

These were the rave in the states some years ago. Nail shields. We usually wore them on an accent nail...usually the ring finger. They're quite beautiful and quite expensive if they're in real gold.

Very beautiful.

These were the rave in the states some years ago. Nail shields. We usually wore them on an accent nail...usually the ring finger. They're quite beautiful and quite expensive if they're in real gold.

Very beautiful.

Now that you mention it, I remember an Irish teacher of mine that wore a Gold nail on her pinkie... that must be about 20 years ago though, are they around that long?

(We all thought it was a bit strange at the time :lol:)

I can't believe you've just admitted that!

You're going to be inundated with offers now to give them a good home :lol:

I think they're beautiful... I've never seen anything like them before!

Ah well, just goes to show you there is really nothing 'new' ... my set must be 20 years old and Tammie is right I would wear one or two (usually the ring fingers or the pinky fingers ... I can't believe I wore them now .. people then used to think they were a bit tacky to be honest!! :biggrin:

Ah well, just goes to show you there is really nothing 'new' ... my set must be 20 years old and Tammie is right I would wear one or two (usually the ring fingers or the pinky fingers ... I can't believe I wore them now .. people then used to think they were a bit tacky to be honest!! :biggrin:

Awwwh Gigi, I can't believe they are out that long and it's funny because I hated that nail on my teacher, but now I think they're gorgeous.

I think they're going to make a come back!! :biggrin:

I wouldn't say tacky...gaudy perhaps. :wink2:

I'm Latina so I TOTALLY pulled this look off. Actually, it was perfunctory.

Last edited:
My mum has two sets of these in gold & silver from years ago, my dad bought her them in Saudi, mmmm I may acquire them if they come into fashion again lol ;)

I wouldn't say tacky...gaudy perhaps. :wink2:
Yes, probably a better word .. we'd say, a bit flash! I'm really not a flashy person, now or then. One of those 'spur of the moment things! lol When I was young and had these urges My mother used to say ... "Will you still love it and want it a month from now?" :biggrin:

My first thought was very OTT, but I can see how one might be a statement piece.

They remind me of the ring to bracelet things that were joined with a chain.

Real adornments.

I think maybe some of us are showing our age by admitting we had a set of these waaaaay back when:biggrin:
I have to add myself to the list too though, I fell victim to them too:biggrin:
They were all the craze about 20yrs ago here in Australia too and I bought one gold pinkie nail and one silver pinkie nail and I remember walking down the street in Surfers Paradise when I lived there and a lady walking up to me and grabbed my hand to look at them, she thought they were the best thing since sliced bread.
I kept mine for years but I threw them out eventually, maybe I shouldn't have considering they are obviously coming back into style.
These types of fads are just like fashion, they come, they go and then they come back again, although the set in this thread is a bit OTT, I would never wear them on all nails like that.

Actually I do remember having a gold (obviously not) with three diamonds (even more obviously not) do daa, which no glue would ever make it last a night. It wasn't one of the ring things.

I also remember, am 34 now and would have been 14/15 then, piercing through our nails (which we were all growing as there was an urban myth that body shop would pay you for long nail clippings) and attaching a hoop earing, I was young and stupid and we don't have a suitable shamefull smilie

I still have 2 for my pinky but like everyone else they have been in my jewellery box for 20 years. :eek:

Vicki xx

Actually I do remember having a gold (obviously not) with three diamonds (even more obviously not) do daa, which no glue would ever make it last a night. It wasn't one of the ring things.

I also remember, am 34 now and would have been 14/15 then, piercing through our nails (which we were all growing as there was an urban myth that body shop would pay you for long nail clippings) and attaching a hoop earing, I was young and stupid and we don't have a suitable shamefull smilie

I have pierced many a nail in my time to add a gold or jewelled ornament!! lol Had to wrap them first in Fibreglass or L&P or the natural nail would split.

Latest posts

Back