So darn beautiful, do you know what it is?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have pierced many a nail in my time to add a gold or jewelled ornament!! lol Had to wrap them first in Fibreglass or L&P or the natural nail would split.

Wise move, only to have had someone wise to tell me at the time :biggrin: 20 years ago when I was too stupid to know any better it was a bit of bluetack underneath and wiggleing around with a needle until the hole was just big enough to get a stud or hoop through, and then ofcourse it would inevitably split, crack and rip :rolleyes:

We were young:o If it puts it into context I was gutted that I snagged my beneton jumper on my impailed nail 'art'

Wise move, only to have had someone wise to tell me at the time :biggrin: 20 years ago when I was too stupid to know any better it was a bit of bluetack underneath and wiggleing around with a needle until the hole was just big enough to get a stud or hoop through, and then ofcourse it would inevitably split, crack and rip :rolleyes:

We were young:o If it puts it into context I was gutted that I snagged my beneton jumper on my impailed nail 'art'

Do you remember Roy, Robbie and daughter Pippa from Charm Nails? What was their surname? And the girls from K-Sa-Ra rocked the nail art world (and I trained them :). Those were the days! Shows were fun .. No back stabbing. Competitions were fun and you could be creative and not work to a set formula doing cloned nails. I bet Sedunlop remembers!

Thanx for making me laugh first thing in the morning Geeg. My mother said the exact same thing: "Well (nostrils slightly flaring, eyebrow slightly raised), is it practical? Is it something that you will cherish for many years? (slight nod of head to look at me over her glasses, with a itty bitty smile)." lol. God how I miss that woman...she was direct, expressive and snarky. :)

Thanx for making me laugh first thing in the morning Geeg. My mother said the exact same thing: "Well (nostrils slightly flaring, eyebrow slightly raised), is it practical? Is it something that you will cherish for many years? (slight nod of head to look at me over her glasses, with a itty bitty smile)." lol. God how I miss that woman...she was direct, expressive and snarky. :)

Are you trying to say something??? Lol.

I'll give you a bit of what you are missing if you just ask. My mother was the crowned queen of the polite 'put down'. She could put someone in their place with a few choice words and leave them speechless. I wish I'd written them down now. Always polite, but no one was in any doubt they had been well and truly 'dressed down'.

I have pierced many a nail in my time to add a gold or jewelled ornament!! lol Had to wrap them first in Fibreglass or L&P or the natural nail would split.

Holy Crap! Pierced nails with dangling charms. I'm going to stop now. I'm definitely showing my age.

Holy Crap! Pierced nails with dangling charms. I'm going to stop now. I'm definitely showing my age.
Yep, those are the ones !! I'm glad someone else is old enough to remember it at all! Lol. Thanks Tammie. It's nice to have some company even if I am a dozen years older than you are ... Well mas o menos!

I so love these. I want these. Anyone know if you can still buy them and where. I 'googgled' nail shields but no lucky. I love to be different so would definately wear them. Can you just imagine 4 black/gold Rockstar nails and this on the ring finger - wow. Any information gratefully received x

I so love these. I want these. Anyone know if you can still buy them and where. I 'googgled' nail shields but no lucky. I love to be different so would definately wear them. Can you just imagine 4 black/gold Rockstar nails and this on the ring finger - wow. Any information gratefully received x

Well my set is not for sale!

Ha ha Geeg, I wouldn't part with them either if I had some. Been searching all over the internet, but no luck yet. Going to copy the picture and may get a goldsmith to custom make me one for each hand - love them so much. What did you stick them on with?

Ohh my giddy aunt I want some there lovely where would I get some from and how do you put them on xx

Ha ha Geeg, I wouldn't part with them either if I had some. Been searching all over the internet, but no luck yet. Going to copy the picture and may get a goldsmith to custom make me one for each hand - love them so much. What did you stick them on with?

Trinity has posted the link of the lady that does them here on this thread... she's in Canada, I'd contact her and ask her if she can help you out.

thank you An*gel x

I have to say I feel a bit of a noob for not knowing what they are and for not Google-ing them properly before asking :smack:

I still think they are very pretty though. I don't think I would wear just one as I think it would be a little garish. I would wear a full set though, I know that makes sense to only me but anyhoo...).

However Samsara, I think this would look amazing!!!
Can you just imagine 4 black/gold Rockstar nails and this on the ring finger - wow. Any information gratefully received x
I'm thirty one and I used to pierce my nails too when I was around half that age, I thought I was the bomb..seriously lol. I never saw these nail shields but I do live in an country where nail polish only came in shades of white, beige and red until around 1999 and nail art is just still pretty modest.

Last edited:
I always applied them with GelBond and a spritz of resin activator. .. It was the only adhesive thick enough to do the job safely. The nails are gold not gold plated and you defo did not want to chance loosing one.

I did see a kind of different version, it was gold plated metal, dont want that - and it had no engraving on it. Would love them in gold, but would only be able to afford one for each ring finger. I just love them. Checked out the link and will get in touch with the lady who makes them in Canada. Get your nail shields out girls, would love to see this as a new trend. I live in the north of scotland (and I mean 'north'). Think I have been the only person I have ever known who wore stiletto nails - but I must say Rockstar nails are taking off.

Oh, I still have one of these gold shields somewhere and I used to wear it on my pinky 100 years ago, well probably 20 or so years ago.

Latest posts

Back