So devastated - positive vibes please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blossom, I am gutted for you. My SIL was diagnosed in the first weeks of nov 2012. Otherwise healthy 49 year old. She died on the 7th jan 2013. I wish from the bottom of my heart that I could tell you something different.

Cherish every moment you have. Bless you xx

Sending lots of love and positive vibes to you, mum and family.

Having just been through this and losing my nan 3 weeks and 2 days after her diagnosis, I understand what you are going through.

Blossom I am so sorry to hear this !
My step grandad has pancreatic and lung cancer he was diagnosed end if last year and he was given treatment although it is terminal he has had chemo and now having radiotherapy . He is remaining positive even though there is nothing anyone can do .
Doctors didn't think he would still be here but he is still going strong !
Sending you all my love X

Sending lots of positive vibes to you and your family. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

So so sorry to hear this Blossom, and to all the others on this thread in the same position. It seems so cruel that people have to go through this awful pain & loss but the best thing you can do is really enjoy spending time with your mam as much as you both possibly can. Create lovely memories and dont focus too much on the medical side of things if possible.

I hope for a miracle for your mam & will pray for her and you too xx

I'm so sorry to read such devastating news Blossom.

Sending you and your mum love, :hug: and prayers.

I'm really sorry to hear your sad news about your mum, Blossom. You must be feeling very emotional at the moment.

Both my parents died many years ago now and I still miss them dearly. My husband is currently recovering from chemo and his cancer isn't curable so we just get on with life as best we can.

As others have said, it sometimes helps to focus on the here and now, spending quality time together, making memories and taking lots of photo's & videos.

Sending you hugs. xx :hug:

Am so sorry to hear your news Blossom. A family friend was diagnosed last June with pancreatic cancer and passed away last August. Yesterday was my mother in laws 2nd anniversary of her passing from breast cancer. I'm not sure I can offer any advice apart from cherish the time you have together and try and ensure it's quality time even if you're just sitting quietly doing her nails for her. It's the small gestures that make all the difference.
It'll be a bumpy road ahead so am wishing you lots of strength and love xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

So sorry to hear your news blossom. And everyone on here who went throught this.. Positive thoughts and prayers sent your way. Look after yourself and spend quality time with your mam xxxx

Sending love and hugs xx

Sending you all the positive energy in the universe.
One of my clients has this type of cancer, she was diagnosed in Feb this year, she's doing the new wonder drug trials and so far so good.
I hope this story helps you, they are moving in the right direction to fighting this so stay strong and have faith. Xxx

I so appreciate your responses and draw some comfort from them, thank you.

I spoke today to doctor about clinical trials and she would need to be quite a bit stronger to even consider it. Shes having a small op to relieve the jaundice on friday and it could make her feel quite a bit better so we will just have to take one step at a time.

My heart goes out to everyone suffering from cancer and their relatives .... Dark days indeed.... One day we will get on top of this thing.

You will rarely find me commenting on very personal threads as I just cannot find the words to do how I feel justice. Please know that I do think about you all.

We very recently went through a scare with my mum and I felt like I had been sucker punched in the stomach.

I cannot begin to imagine how horrific it is to be in your situation, and I am sending you all of my love and thoughts.

Blossom, Souz, and everyone else affected by this insidious disease, cherish every moment, remember the good, laugh on the silly moments and don't be afraid to cry if you need to. But, most of all, don't forget to look after yourselves as well x

Positive thoughts to everyone affected.

Positive thoughts and hugs to all affected xx

Hi Blossom,

I'm so sorry to hear your news. I lost my dad to lung cancer, he was given 6 months and I believe his spirit was the reason he lived two years from diagnosis to his passing.

I am studying nutrition at the moment and when I seen your post I knew I needed to comment. One of the girls on my course has a friend who was diagnosed with terminal cancer of the pancreas, two years ago. He was given 6 months max to live. He had nothing to lose so he embarked on a juicing plan, meditation, yoga and nutrition for optimum health. 2 years later my friend said he's never looked better, full of energy etc. cancer wise, who is to say what will happen but he believes his lifestyle change is the reason he is still here, and I can see why. He's enjoying a full and happy life.

My mum was diagnosed with breast cancer last year, it was caught early and she has finished treatment and I'm now trying to advise her on wee lifestyle changes but she isn't really interested, which is fair enough! I can see where she is coming from. But from my point of view, surely feeding your body with nothing but nutritious, wholesome food has god to have a positive impact on your physical and mental health. It has to! I'm reading books on it at the moment and it really is fascinating stuff.

I just wanted to share this wee story of hope with you, sending you hugs xx

Wow that is interesting. Thank you so much for that info, much appreciated, and everyone else for your kind words.

I think spirit/mindset plays a major part. Probably in everything. I lost my dad to cancer when i was just 7, (he was 40). They said he had 8 weeks. But he never knew what he had, he thought he had some kidney probs but had no idea it was cancer. With me a little girl, mum bravely kept it from him (at great personal torture to herself),she didnt want him to think he might never see me again every time we said goodbye at the hospital. They said 8 weeks. He lived 6 months. With no chemo or radiotherapy, nothing in those days.

Perhaps because he didnt know?

They wouldnt do that these days with patients charter but it tortures me that she did that for him and now has to go through this herself.

Thanks again for the nutrition info, am looking into it and have ordered a nutribullet last night ready for juicing. (There was a good thread on here about it)

In these dark times i cant tell you how much it means to have the support of you guys.

Thank you again xx

I've been where you are Blossom. It's emotionally, physically and mentally exhausting....take care of yourself as well as your mum.

As others have said nutrition , positive mental energy and prayer/meditation can help hugely ...
You and your mum are in my thoughts and prayers

Xx

Just another thought I had, when my nan was at our local hospice a few of the ladies had reiki treatments, it was something they had on offer there for free. I know it can have lots of benefits - have a look on the cancer research website.

Also when ever somebody mentions a hospice you think of never coming back out again, yes that does happen but its for anybody to use who has cancer and receiving treatment. Our local one was fantastic and great support for families. May be worth seeing if your local one have things on offer there that will help your mum for free :)
Xxx

Latest posts

Back