So how do you get on with your in laws then??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My in laws are lovely and my mil calls me her 2nd daughter she is so kind and I love her to bits:) My hubby gets on with my Mum and she treats him like one of her own too.

picture this,
its your wedding reception you and your new husband are sitting round a table chatting to family his family when you mother in law says right everyone out side for a family picture.
The table clears we all go out side I go to stand next to my husband when I hear no just family she means her family not me.
I stood there at the side with a smile on my face and steam coming out of my ears it was like hello im the bride yes you know the one in the white puffy dress the reason you are hear in the first place your new family member.

But a few years later she did say to me that she likes me now that she knows me beter does this mean she didnt like me before.

I think she is a nice lady realy just like to be difficult

I get on really well with the inlaws.
Going to go on hol with the MIL and hubby for a weekend so after a few days in each others faces that may change :)
My mum and dad love my hubby. He always gets spoilt rotten by my mum when he goes round. He always gets the biggest serving of pudding at dinner!

always gets spoilt rotten by my mum when he goes round. He always gets the biggest serving of pudding at dinner!

Yep thats how its suposed to be :lol::lol:

Coming to think of it tho... when I first started going out with my other half and I was coming down to Yorkshire to see him his dad always used to talk 'proper' Yorkshire to me ('eee by gum' and all that!). I couldn't understand a single word he said to me!!!

Once I mentioned to my other half that I didn't understand his dad at all and he said "it's okay - neither do I! He only ever puts that on when you come down!" :lol:

HMMMM HOW LONG YOU GOT:green:

I cant comment because TODAY is friday, and its a GOOD day and i dont want to spoil it !

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:irked::irked::irked::irked::irked::irked::irked:

Just think.... one day WE will be in laws and our son / daughter in laws be talking like that about us :lol: :lol:

Marlise

Just think.... one day WE will be in laws and our son / daughter in laws be talking like that about us :lol: :lol:

Marlise

aha just what i was going to say but marlise beat me to it ....my 18 yr old lads g\friend can't wait for me to be her MIL(errr yikes) seems to be a wedding on the cards here don't you think>?

Marlise

Unless they legalise Teddy weddings I won't ever be a MIL
:green:

When I sit there and listen to my mate talking about her mother in law from hell I just sit there and say "I'm so glad is my mum in law isn't like that".
I genuinely am really happy I've got a mum in law like the one I have.
I think it has a lot to do with the fact the our (mine and hubby's) backgrounds and how we were bought up are very similar, his mum is very much like my own mum. Which is probably why we get on so well.
My hubby also gets on really well with my mum, he's always taking the pee out of her age, her cooking etc and she will happily give him a clout around the head for it which says a lot lol

Latest posts

Back