So how many of you are Harry Potter fans?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've not read any of the books, nor have I seen any of the films, but I can see the reason why Harry Potter is so popular ... what an amazing imagination JK Rowling has.

Love Harry Potter. Unfortunately haven't managed to grab the new book yet. Planning to get it from Asda on pay day (Friday!) if they still have some in stock.

To be honest tho, I didn't want to ever read them as I dont' like things that have been hyped so much. I was determined not to read it. Then my wee sis got me the box set for Christmas a few years ago. When I'd run out of books to read I ended up picking up a Harry Potter and I've not stopped reading them since! :green:

Roll on pay day!!!!!

Hubby got me the book Saturday morning as it was our 4th wedding anniversary last Wednesday, which is books!:hug: Had it read by Sunday lunchtime and hubby finished it last night. We haven't really spoken to each other much lately. :lol:

Yep massive Potter fans at our house also!! Have to say not bothered with the books but got & seen all the films up to date!! :) Looking forward to the last two films!! Gonna be four years at this rate till both done though ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Last one wasn't as great as I thought it would be though really. :eek:

We will have to start a thread (when I have finished last book) so we can all have a good ole talk about it.. then if people don,t want to hear what happens they don,t look at that thread..

Cos I keep looking at this one to see who is a potter fan or not:irked:

Yep massive Potter fans at our house also!! Have to say not bothered with the books but got & seen all the films up to date!! :) Looking forward to the last two films!! Gonna be four years at this rate till both done though ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Last one wasn't as great as I thought it would be though really. :eek:

Oh but the books are soooooo much better than the films..... So much more happens and the descriptions are so detailed you can really build a picture in your head.....

Films of books usually disappoint me I'm afraid......

Read them, go on!!!!

I finished the new one over the weekend and loved it.

I have now started to read the new one to my six year old son so get to enjoy them all again...

I haven't cracked my open yet..still savoring that moment I do cuase I will be a goner..

Hey did you hear over there on the news? I don't know about over there but over here there are books that have pages missing from them. Let me tell you..peeps arn't happy..nope not happy at all!
LOl but if they bring it in to the store they got it at, they get a brand new book. One with all the pages..:D

Never been a Harry fan, although from the first couple of films I watched I do think she took a fair amount of influence from J R Tolkien!

ME i love hp i just get so sucked in to them ive just started reding the last book and omg after 3 chapters i was already a little tearfull some of my friends think im a bit sad but i realydont care coz i love them im a bit dissaponted with the films though some of the actors are good like ron and hagrid but realy dissaponted that n the films harry has blue eyes and not green i though that was a big part of his aperance or is it just me

Never been a Harry fan, although from the first couple of films I watched I do think she took a fair amount of influence from J R Tolkien!

Give the first book a go, there really is so much more to them than the films, it can't hurt to try :lol:

huge potter fans in this house. i have just finished the last book, i have all but 2 books on tape but i will have them soon. i listen to them as i do house`work and crafts

OH My Gosh! I am on the last chapter...I haven't done anything around here besides read the book and checking the forums. I am a total lost cause ..

I have savored every moment of it and Now my 18 year old is giving me dirty looks because he is wanting to read it too. :D

hi all
i have only been back from vegas 10 days, and life has been frazzled in the salon and the academy, but i had finished the book by sunday night!
i reckon i read it in about 8 hrs, my 9yr old son is truly impressed with how fast i read!
we lay on my bed at night and both read our books, ( and helen, ur not the only wicked mum, i HAD to read it 1st!) he occasionally asks what page/chapter im on to see if hes catching up to my speed lol.
i have been asking everyone i meet if they've read it yet as im desperate to talk about it!!

Latest posts

Back