So how musical are your little pinkies?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can play the fluit played it for years and years and I can play the piccolo lol.

I used to sing many many years ago and was really rather impressive sung in a lot of big venues (not blowing my own trumpet or anything....did you see what I did there lol) but now I sound like a cat being strangled to be fair lol.Awful voice now lol.

I play a mean triangle B-) lol

It would be good to see some videos of other geeks playing - don't be shy!

I can play the clarinet, Saxophone and Piano. I graduated from The Royal Northern College of music in 1992 but have never done anything with music since. I am a qualified musical instrument teacher and got a degree in performance! My sister and her husband work for the Welsh National Opera. I have performed at the Barbican, The Albert Hall on the radio and I was even on Songs Of Praise!!! :eek:

I can play the clarinet, Saxophone and Piano. I graduated from The Royal Northern College of music in 1992 but have never done anything with music since. I am a qualified musical instrument teacher and got a degree in performance! My sister and her husband work for the Welsh National Opera. I have performed at the Barbican, The Albert Hall on the radio and I was even on Songs Of Praise!!! :eek:

Snap I sang at the barbican :0)

I'm a pianist. Always makes me lol saying that.
also a shower singer :D I think it would be cool to see some vids of geek's other talents!

We almost have a geek band and I know Geeg can sing I remember her telling me a few years back :biggrin:
We could do a Christmas record.

Thanks for all your great input on this thread and wow wow there seems to be a lot of talent lurking about which is just amazing:hug:

Maybe we should start a "salon geek peeps got talent competition " lol
Come to think of it I will....so keep an eye out on the boards its a commin soon :wink2:

I play the flute and have done since I was 7. I even still have lessons! I also teach children to play the flute and recorder on Saturday mornings. It's a musical education charity that offers cheap music lessons to low-income families, as private music lessons are very expensive. With this charity the parents pay £9 for a half-hour lesson, it goes down to £7 if there's more than one child in the family wanting to learn or if they want to do more than one instrument. I love it! I get £5 per half hour lesson (I'd get waaay more doing private teaching) so I do it for the fun of it. The kids are so cute! It was our Christmas concert on Saturday and I was so proud :)
I also sing in a choir. I've always done music stuff, I wouldn't be "me" without it.

I know this is an old thread - but in the spirit of Christmas I thought I'd resurrect it to share some christmas 'cheer' in the form of my sinister-re-working of Away in the Manger! It makes a refreshing antidote to the enforced jollity of christmas shop music!

Loved that Martin.thankyou x

Fantastic x

Brilliant. Very talented.
I was listening to it and imagining it being played in a Christmassy edition of Dalziel and Pascoe or Midsummer Murders... :)

Now you mention it, it does have a slight Midsomer Murders sound to it! I've recorded a few more in minor keys as well - it was mainly part of an exercise to improve my transposition skills!

Latest posts

Back