so lost!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckybird21

Reaction score
i havent been on here for a while due to illness (nothing big, just lots of silly bugs one after the other)

subsiquently (sp) i have lost all my clients!:cry:

since then i have now lost all of my passion for doing nails, which is so sad, as i was so obsessed with nails before, and was always on here and always reading magazines and books on nails!

i now cant even be bothered to d o my own nails, i love them being done, but at the mo have even lost the passion for making my nails look nice!

ive got to do a kiddies nail art party on sat (which was booked last year) which is cool as its nice and easy, but the problem is where i have lost my passion, i dont want to put the 20% of vouchers in the party bags as i dont want the clients! im going mad! i really dont understand why its all gone pete tong in my head!

i think some of it was when i felt really bad i did a mates nails, it took me 3 hours to do them as i was ill, but the whole time i was thinking to my self, i could just leave them like this right now. i dont think it helps that this particular friend is only interested in the subject of herself so i was just getting peed off with that but accidently redirected that thought to nails?!

has anyone else gone thru a patch like this? if so how did you pull yourself out again?

i must be still interested in nails abit as i still always notice nails on other people and celebs in mags (such as a certain famous couple in ok last week, her nails were terrible, the smile line was really low and straight, and they just looked horrible!) and i sat there smuggly saying, i can do better than that! so im sure there is light at the end of the tunnel!

im not sure if the other reasson could be because i have applied for the police, and im as such mentally preparing my self, as i dont think i will have time to do nails if i get in, but even so i havent heard yet and i have been told it can take anything from 1 week to a year to even hear if you passed the paper shift, so i may noot get in for a while (if at all) so im damaging my carrer in nails on the chance i could be a police officer.

ohhh! im messed up!:irked:

luckybird21 said:
i havent been on here for a while due to illness (nothing big, just lots of silly bugs one after the other)

subsiquently (sp) i have lost all my clients!:cry:

since then i have now lost all of my passion for doing nails, which is so sad, as i was so obsessed with nails before, and was always on here and always reading magazines and books on nails!

i now cant even be bothered to d o my own nails, i love them being done, but at the mo have even lost the passion for making my nails look nice!

ive got to do a kiddies nail art party on sat (which was booked last year) which is cool as its nice and easy, but the problem is where i have lost my passion, i dont want to put the 20% of vouchers in the party bags as i dont want the clients! im going mad! i really dont understand why its all gone pete tong in my head!

i think some of it was when i felt really bad i did a mates nails, it took me 3 hours to do them as i was ill, but the whole time i was thinking to my self, i could just leave them like this right now. i dont think it helps that this particular friend is only interested in the subject of herself so i was just getting peed off with that but accidently redirected that thought to nails?!

has anyone else gone thru a patch like this? if so how did you pull yourself out again?

i must be still interested in nails abit as i still always notice nails on other people and celebs in mags (such as a certain famous couple in ok last week, her nails were terrible, the smile line was really low and straight, and they just looked horrible!) and i sat there smuggly saying, i can do better than that! so im sure there is light at the end of the tunnel!

im not sure if the other reasson could be because i have applied for the police, and im as such mentally preparing my self, as i dont think i will have time to do nails if i get in, but even so i havent heard yet and i have been told it can take anything from 1 week to a year to even hear if you passed the paper shift, so i may noot get in for a while (if at all) so im damaging my carrer in nails on the chance i could be a police officer.

ohhh! im messed up!:irked:

O you poor thing - i hope youre alot better now. i think maybe youre just focusing too much on your career in the force, maybe while your at the party - no doubt mums will talk to you about nails etc then once you start talking about it maybe this will inspire you to get your passion back

sorry its not much help, but just a thought - keep your chin up pet:hug:

I feel like this!

I do a set and walk away thinking 'they could have been better' and 'I am crap at this' but then I do a really good set and I am pleased with myself!

Get back into at the party and put your vouchers in!

Even though you don't want to do it...do it anyway and I bet you fall back in love with it straight away!

oh sarah it sounds like you have got a lot going on in your life, and in your head at the moment.
and waiting round to see if you have passed your police test doesnt help eh.
dont feel guilty for not being as passionate about nails at the moment....maybe part is because like us all you probably have invested quite a bit of time and pennies into nails and feel some guilt.
also it doesnt help that you have been off colour, having little bugs is actually your body saying you need a rest maybe not a physical rest but a "brain" rest.
when people lose a passion in something it is usually because they have lost all confidence and dont think they are very good at it, when they probably are but something makes them lose faith in their abilities.
i think it would help you if you knew someone else who was also into nails maybe you could bounce off each other.
above all dont beat yourself up, do you need to keep doing nails for financial reasons?
if not then have a break and consentrate on looking after yourelf hun.
at the moment you probaly cant see yourself getting out of this rut but you will.
take time out for you.... watch daytime tv, potter round the shops and be by yourself for a while to re-evalute things as it sounds like your friend only want to talk about her.
sorry cant be much help but we are here for you to rant and rave :hug: :hug:

Hi Sarah,

I am so sorry to hear you aren't doing so great hun, don't worry to much about it. I went through a patch like that too and kept coming on to the geek site to look at the galleries and peoples websites and things and eventually the bug bites you again, I immediatley get up and go and do a set on myself to see how well I can do compared to them (not being horrible) but you use this site as inspiration. This site and all the geeks have become such a big part of my life that if I don't come on to the site everyday, I am miserable until I do. Don't let go of us hun, we really care for you and are always here to help! :hug:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hiya, things will soon come back to you, its a bit like when the kids have a school holiday, when the term begins they hate it and dont want to go back but once they get back in to the swing they love it, keep your chin up:hug:

Hiya Sarah,
I had a few health probs myself last year, I also had too many things going on in my life than I could cope with so I ended up putting a lot of stuff on the back burner.
Nails and my garden have been my passion but suddenly I didnt want/couldnt do either.
With nails I know it was because I have soo many issues about whether I am upt to the job or not, and with my garden it was because my partner had mentioned moving house and this was the first place I had ever been happy in my entire life, suddenly I was soo unsettled so I think I just shut down.
For me, if I didnt put soo much in, it wasnt going to hurt or cause probs if it went wrong!
I think you are at a very unsettled phase in your life right now, and if I were you, I wouldnt put pressure on yourself about the way you feel. If you have a true passion for nails, it will come back, if it was something that you enjoyed doing but moved on from, well ... cest la vie!
Either way.... stop beating yourself up over it... I did!
Then maybe like me you just may find yourself longing to get those products out!
Good luck hun!

Hi Sarah - Oh honey don't be so hard on yourself. You've obviously been rund down and I think you're torn between the Police Force and wanting to do nails. I think you need a break. Take some time out, if you can, and go with the flow. If you have to keep doing nails for financial reasons, do so but try and enjoy it. You will soon get your passion back as soon as you regain your confidence. I feel knocked almost every week - one step forward and, bank, ten steps back. My confidence has been knocked time and time again but I just plough on because I know that, one day, I'll get there. I too have invested so much energy and emotion, not to mention money. You're not alone and I know you'll be one of the best nail techs, if you want to be. However, this is not and ideal world and bills have to be paid. You're not alone and please don't give up. Have a rest and get your strength back and next time do someones nails who you know will appreciate your efforts and I am sure you'll wonder why you ever felt like packing it all in. Go and do a fab job at the kiddies party and enjoy it! Big hugs xxx

cheers for all the support and advice guys.

Its given me chance to look at a few things

i agree its mostly coz im torn, but i think it is also coz i lost all my clients when i was ill, and i couldnt help thinking i did somthing wrong. although i know i do nice nails with good products at a good price, and i hardley ever had problems with lifting or anything.

probley just need a break from it all, i also have a job as accounts manager for a pet shop, and have a son, so its probley just all too much at the mo, might be easier when hayden starts school as then i wont have to do nails in the evening, and never see my hubby.

i did my nails on friday, and realised how much i missed them, but dont feel the urge to do other peoples nails.

ive just got the part of the prince in a panto for snow white, so i suppose i can do that for a while for a laugh to chill out and it'll come back.

cheers again u lot.

your all worth your weight in gold!:hug:

[ ive just got the part of the prince in a panto for snow white, so i suppose i can do that for a while for a laugh to chill out and it'll come back.)

Sounds like good fun and probably just what you need some good old Fun time ;)
Take your time and it will come back to you, sometimes we need a break from things to realise we miss them!!

Hope you start feeling a little happier soon :hug: xxx

Latest posts

Back