So mad ! Client no shows !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmah9

Reaction score
Just rushed back I mean rushed from a tan party to come home before 4 as I had a client due and needed to pop tent up wash gun etc and didn't turn up despite booking a week ago and having pre tan advice given 3 days ago , text her 15 mins after her appt time and she has replied nearly 20 mins later saying oh won't have time now , was going to txt u , plus haven't shaved my legs - no apology nothing !! When was she going to text me like?! Fuming! I have 2 more clients I could of booked in earlier and had the evening to myself ! Now I'm sitting here waiting wasting my time! if she books in again I'm fully booked!!!!!

Just rushed back I mean rushed from a tan party to come home before 4 as I had a client due and needed to pop tent up wash gun etc and didn't turn up despite booking a week ago and having pre tan advice given 3 days ago , text her 15 mins after her appt time and she has replied nearly 20 mins later saying oh won't have time now , was going to txt u , plus haven't shaved my legs - no apology nothing !! When was she going to text me like?! Fuming! I have 2 more clients I could of booked in earlier and had the evening to myself ! Now I'm sitting here waiting wasting my time! if she books in again I'm fully booked!!!!!

grrr thats made me mad just reading it so god knows how you feel! i don't think clients realise that they are taking up appointments other clients could have? it's one of those things that is going to happen but soooo annoying! i'm mobile and at the moment i'm struggling with people texting me a day before a waxing treatment saying 'i shaved 4 days ago, will my hair be long enough?' and i'm like 'no like i told u when you booked, leave your hair and don't shave it!' also normally 30mins or less before a hollywood wax i get the... i'm on my period so i don't want it done now. which normally i'm in my van on my way.

Aw hun I feel for ya I bloody hate when folk do this- I now text them the day of night before or the day of the appointment to remind them/try to ensure there still having treatment then if not Ive got a wee bit time to try get someone booked infor their slot xxx

sorry that was abit crude, i should have used a code word for period.

Aw hun I feel for ya I bloody hate when folk do this- I now text them the day of night before or the day of the appointment to remind them/try to ensure there still having treatment then if not Ive got a wee bit time to try get someone booked infor their slot xxx

this is good advice, i do this too, spesh for certain clients i know are forgetful :D

Oh I do hate that! No apology especially and you know she was nit going to contact you at all lol! Not even shaved her legs says no intention to me.

I would tell her you are charging her her missed appointment. I had a woman last week, called and asked lots of questions about a spray tan for a party then she didn't turn up or call to cancel either. When I called her she said she had "forgotten" but no apology.

I know gets me so mad , if she would of text an hr before wouldn't of been so bad .... I think some clients think we are just at their beck and call 24 hrs , the hair thing would annoy me ! Last night I had another client I tanned who asked if she could shave her legs when I'd gone ?! Erm no , you can't even wet them for 8 hours ! that's why I told u to do it 24 hrs before minimum!! aagghhh ha xx

Oh I do hate that! No apology especially and you know she was nit going to contact you at all lol! Not even shaved her legs says no intention to me.

I would tell her you are charging her her missed appointment. I had a woman last week, called and asked lots of questions about a spray tan for a party then she didn't turn up or call to cancel either. When I called her she said she had "forgotten" but no apology.

I know exactly ! If I wouldn't of text her I'd if heard nothing ! the cheek ! Xx

It is really irritating, especially if it's the only appt you have in a certain bit of a certain day, you could have had something else planned.

Maybe when the forgetful ones book you could do a gentle reminder... 'I know you're really busy, so if you find you can't come then text me the day/couple of days before to rearrange your appointment.'.

I think that because I work at home and clients hardly ever bump into other clients they think I haven't anything else to do. The fact is that because I do other work at home I can stagger appointments and do other work/domestic stuff in between the others and not have them absolutely back to back.

I wish I didn't have to do my sewing and alterations work in the same room as my therapist stuff though!

I've had a client who didn't show up and when I called her she said she had "forgotten" .. now here's the best bit, she had booked in THE DAY BEFORE! No one's memory is that bad surely!

I had a no show on Weds, 2 hours set aside for eyelash extensions!
I had text her 2 days before to confirm and as normal asked to let me know if they no longer wanted the booking. Nothing! Its is just rude really.
It is so frustrating! At least as I work from home I hadn't had to drive to her house though!
Luckily it doesn't happen too often though
xx

I've had a client who didn't show up and when I called her she said she had "forgotten" .. now here's the best bit, she had booked in THE DAY BEFORE! No one's memory is that bad surely!

I have had them on the same day!

A call in the morning for an appointment that day and still not show up but never answer their phones. So so rude!

I have had them on the same day!

A call in the morning for an appointment that day and still not show up but never answer their phones. So so rude!

Exactly what happened to me yesterday!! I was absolutely fuming!!!

A 'new' client texted me at 9am to see if I am free for a back and chest wax any time today? I said yes im free at 1pm. He said great, see you at 1pm.

Didnt come at all. I texted him at 1.30pm. He said he forgot. what a ******* a***hole. Told him I dont like 'messers' or people take the 'p'. He apologised. I said too late and he is banned! He apologised again. I said i don't care and he is banned. and don't bother contact me again..I don't need people like this and i don't intend to start now!!

Maybe I was a bit harsh (seven and a half months pregnant now) but i could have been doing something else like a hour nap or tidy up this and that!!

GGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

That would p**s me off lol well next time just make sure that you tell her you are fully booked :p

Austin x

That's terrible - and furiates the hell out of me. I started taking a deposit of £10 for all bookings ( not from my regulars) and this has stopped the majority of no shows. And if they don't turn up, then I keep the non refundable deposit. If someone pays a deposit, it shows their commitment and unless it is an absolute emergency, they alwaysturn up. I tell everyone that cancellations must be given with a minimum of 24 hours notice, giving me a chance to fill the time slot.

Terry

Sorry, also forgot to say all clients get a text a week or two before they should be thinking about booking in again after their last treatment - this works great for me, because if theclient doesn't book a future appt before leaving, it prompts them when they get my text and they always then rebook, and because they are booking only a week ahead, they rarely miss

Hope this helps
Terry

Latest posts

Back