so who are the smokers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how many of you smoke and how many a day

• Total voters
Yep I'm guilty too I'm afraid, around 10-15 a day depending on how busy I am.

One of my client's found out I smoke a while ago and she said she was really surprised as I don't look like a smoker (didn't realise you have a certain look when you smoke!!!!!) LOL, she also said "I've never smelt it on you before and your house doesn't smell". I am very conscious of the smell as I hate it myself and if I've got a client coming I always smoke outside then spray myself with fragrance as it is definitely a nasty stink.

I've got the Alan Carr book read a couple of pages, got bored, had a ciggi and closed the book but I really should should give it another go, really don't fancy putting weight on tho.

I used to smoke 20 a day but decided it was not good for business or me.

I hate it.........esp when i go out into pubs and stuff, my hair smells vile...........i cant wait till its banned!!! I am sorry to offend all the smokers here but i choose not to smoke and i dont wanna go somwhere and it be filled with smoke.......i hate it to when you are in a resturaunt.....eeeewhh

Amanda

You need another band i only smoke 3 or 4 a day (unless i have a drink), Gave up for 18months and started again when stressed.

Dont want to give up the last few im afraid but keep it out of the way of my tiddler

Lily said:
I hate it.........esp when i go out into pubs and stuff, my hair smells vile...........i cant wait till its banned!!! I am sorry to offend all the smokers here but i choose not to smoke and i dont wanna go somwhere and it be filled with smoke.......i hate it to when you are in a resturaunt.....eeeewhh

Amanda

i am a smoker but i totally agree with you lily....if a pub has a pub garden i would rarther go out there to smoke....it does get too much. I smoke in pubs and clubs cos i am allowed too...if i wasnt and no-one else was then it wouldnt bother me.

I have social smoked since I was 15 - I have never 'needed' a fag and only reaaly want one when I have a glass of vino in my right hand!! I love a Marlborough Light but gave up in November for the Great Wall Challange and I am glad I did. I have succumbed on occasion but since I haven't been drinking for nearly a month, I haven't wanted one at all!!

I will be happy when it is banned because if I don't smell them, I don't want one... but sometimes, sucking down on a ML just hits the nail on the head (or you might say - nail in the coffin:Scared: )))!!!

I quit a few months ago...I joined a gym, ate alot healthier and didnt put an ounce on...I know feel a million times healthier, happier and richer!

Yep this is very much like me :biggrin:

And yes when it is banned when I do go a big WHEN! LOL! if I can not smell, see the cigs I will not want one.

Caz xxx

I will be happy when it is banned because if I don't smell them, I don't want one... but sometimes, sucking down on a ML just hits the nail on the head (or you might say - nail in the coffin:Scared: )))!!!

i smoke too! gave up last yr for 5 months then started again! although i only smoke no more than 10 a day, used to be 20.

xxx

Until about 4 years ago, I smoked 30+ a day. I don't miss them one bit and am glad that my days are no longer so dictated by cigarettes. If I can give up, anyone can!!!!!!!

Incidentally, I smoked extra mild and I am sure I was more addicted to the chemicals in the cigs that nicotine.

Martigirl said:
Gave up January 2004, was 20-40 a day for 26 years (since I was 11).

how did you quit, because i would like to quit also.
anybody ever tried the chewing gum, heard they taste really bad.

Im a roll your own kinda gal, ranging from 8-15 a day but a lot more when a drink is in my hand. :biggrin:

Have never smoked, and think it's a vile, disgusting, smelly habit!!! I'm really looking forward to when they ban it in pubs etc. One pub local to me has banned it and I went out last week and came home without having to put every stitch of clothing in the wash...... (went to the pub on my bike and wobbled home!!)

I didn't feel as strongly until I was pregnant (when I got very unreasonable, tutting at people in the street!), and now I hate people smoking around my kids.... My son Michael once pretended he had a cigarette - he was only 3 but I so overreacted..... I stood in the street telling him that everyone who smokes will die - of course then a lad cycles by with a fag, and Michael asked when he was going to die and watched him til he was out of sight!!!!

Sorry, there aren't many things I'm so intolerant of!!

perfect ten said:
my daughter gave me one a few weeks back, they dont really taste of anything. its just like youv'e had the same bit in your mouth all day, but they are a bit rubbery. yuk!!! xxxx

hi, i tried gum last yr but didnt work! my hubby also gave up, best thing is willpower!! honestly, i managed 5 months just kept myself busy & everytime i wanted a fag i ate a mint or somethin. i have 2 admit im now on 5-10 a day again! but only coz i lost the willpower, i will quit again soon, im determined and willpower is the only thing that will do it for me, u just have to be serious bout giving up. good luck! hope i have made sense?

xx

perfect ten said:

Gulity as charged!

But i do enjoy every single one i have when i stop enjoying them i will give up! Promise

I have to say I have never even tried it. I remember being squashed at the age of about 6 or 7 into the back of my dads MG (I was tall!!). My dad smoked a pipe and mum smoked ciggies. I used to feel soooo ill and get soooo carsick. I think that put me off for life!:eek:

I wish all of you, that want to, the best of luck with giving up. It is the best thing you could ever do.

On another note, I took my 2 daughters to the "BodyWorld" exhibition at the Truman Gallery in London about 2-3 yrs ago. They had great fun pointing out the skinned corpses of the smokers - easily noticable by their blackened lungs!! YUK. That hopefully has put them off too :?: .

Guilty I dont smoke in the house, In all i would say I smoke anout 5 to 10 aday depending if i am out, I really should give up.. for the amount i smoke... I hate the taste..hate the smell and as for the taste in my mouth in the morning i could be sick.... why do i smoke!!!!!! your guess is as good as mine will give up tomorrow...Oh no got work.. the next day then...oh no work again maybe next week lol

Glorsclaws said:
Ewwwwwww!!!!
I hate fags, hate the taste, hate the smell ... hate the price!!!
yup! I mention price because my 17yr old son smokes and is forever begging money to spend on it, though I rarely give in.
When he does smoke...he smokes outside too... oooh dont I sound an old grouch!

GLOR HAS THE BEST WORDS!!! We can't say the "F" word in the states without getting the evil eye...

I'm an ex smoker, I quit when I got preggers with my sweet Kylie. And she was definately worth the trouble... I think I gained an extra 30lbs b/c of the withdrawls....

When I was in High school about 14 or 15 years old I tried to smoke...Wnet back to it at about 19 smoked a nice while, quit again after a bout of spinal meningitis for 10 years, then I started back last year after me and my boyfriend had this awful, fall out. Found out I was pregnant at the end of Jan this year tried to cut back, it was hard because my boyfriend smokes...got sick as hell after one puff one night in Feb, haven't touched one since. Don't plan on starting back and my boyfriend still smokes...Plus I plan on breastfeeding and baby's health comes first!!

Haven't had any drinks either...can't wait to have a beer and pizza!!!! The odd beer every other month or so won't interfere with breastfeeding will it??

Latest posts

Back