so who are the smokers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how many of you smoke and how many a day

• Total voters
perfect ten said:
how did you quit, because i would like to quit also.
anybody ever tried the chewing gum, heard they taste really bad.

WILLPOWER!!!!!!

Ms.Matrix said:
When I was in High school about 14 or 15 years old I tried to smoke...Wnet back to it at about 19 smoked a nice while, quit again after a bout of spinal meningitis for 10 years, then I started back last year after me and my boyfriend had this awful, fall out. Found out I was pregnant at the end of Jan this year tried to cut back, it was hard because my boyfriend smokes...got sick as hell after one puff one night in Feb, haven't touched one since. Don't plan on starting back and my boyfriend still smokes...Plus I plan on breastfeeding and baby's health comes first!!

Haven't had any drinks either...can't wait to have a beer and pizza!!!! The odd beer every other month or so won't interfere with breastfeeding will it??
best to have a beer just after you feed baby, then your system has a chance to dispose of the alcohol before you need to feed again, you should be alright so long as you time it right. :biggrin:

im guilty, about 40 a day at the moment, i wasnt as bad untill i started geting stressed but im hopeing to quit some day

angel fingers said:
best to have a beer just after you feed baby, then your system has a chance to dispose of the alcohol before you need to feed again, you should be alright so long as you time it right. :biggrin:

you can also express/pump milk after you drink, but who wants to waste perfect milk? I nursed my daughter until she was about 6 months old... and that first mixed drink was DELICIOUS!

a friend of mine craved beer when she was preggie, she broke down and drank the alcohol free kind. i'm glad that i only craved m&ms and pepsi!

I stopped FINALLY (have been trying to stop for years) 18 weeks ago...hubby did it too...we have saved £3150.00 already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But the the biggest kick is knowing that this inanimate object does not control my life anymore...fantastic!

angel fingers said:
Whew! Glad to hear that...or I guess I could express some a day before to have enough on hand then bottle feed for a day and a half.

twinkletoes910 said:
a friend of mine craved beer when she was preggie, she broke down and drank the alcohol free kind. i'm glad that i only craved m&ms and pepsi!
I have craved beer on and off, but I always smack my hand and say "bad Ms. Matrix, you have to wait" ...silly me...I never thought about getting the non-alcoholic kind...it still has like 5% alcohol in it same as a Mikes Hard Lemonade.

when not 8 months pregnant, i personally have found my true vice and love in smoking pipe tobacco from a plethera of devine pipes (ireland's peterson pipes aremy fav) and compared to the ashtray taste of cigs the scent of peach melba, strawberry and black maryah are pure heaven in a smoke ring...i smoke less piping than i did w/ cigs so i save money and don't hack as much, and i enjoy the actual packing and care of piping...call me nuts.....but i intend to have a pipe and a guinness when i finally deliver! (it's been a reeeeally long 8 months, forgive me, i'm actually drooling)
-nic

I gave up when i was 7 months pregnant with my 1 year old in april 2003. i swore i would never do it again and fooled myself that i genuinly wouldnt. needless to say, i was back on them 3 months after she was born!

It does make me cringe to think that a client could smell it though!

Hollie
-x-

I have never smoked cigarettes....guilty of another type though :) LOL... heh I live in Canada!

I have seen the effects personally of cig's .....bless my Dad soul......
Good luck to those of you who want to quit and those of you who enjoy them :)

I'm a poor smoker I should really give it up, I'm struggling to smoke 5 a day unless I go out then its 20. :cry:

Lellipop said:
Yep guilty :lol: I must be weird because I do enjoy my cigs :wink2:

Me too, I love 'em

I started when I was 13 ... I thought it was cool, how wrong was I???:rolleyes:

I quit when I was 18 because everytime I smoked it made me feel sick!! I havent put any weight on but I'm glad quit!!

Never have never will - All the rest of my family, mum, dad, nan, grandad, sister, aunts and uncles all smoke. I must have been the milkmans I swear as I'm also the only one with blonde hair too.... lol

i dont smoke i never have and i never will

I am very happy to say i have been quit now for 8 weeks....and i love being a non-smoker....i used the Allen Carr book, but my real incentive was my dad being diagnosed with cancer 8 weeks ago....(he is having treatment and should be fine).....xxx

well done Angie :hug: that's a huge achievement mate xxx

I quit 6 weeks ago tomorrow. And all because i did'nt want to go see a fellow geeks newborn baby stinking like an ash tray. And the money side of things too!!! Started a diet 3 weeks ago yesterday and have lost 10 lb's to date...although i would'nt say it's a proper diet i have just cut out the crap that i eat!!!
I did'nt tell anyone that i was quitting just went cold turkey with no one fussing and asking have u had a fag yet lol!!! Did however within the first week get very emotional and depressed but that was'nt helped by being the time of the month and going away with the inlaws!!!
But not felt like a ciggie at all even with having to do my first teaching session last week. After 3 weeks of not smoking i spent £200 on new lingerie.....the most i think i have ever spent on a few bits of material. It is so nice to always have money in my purse that is'nt saved for ciggies!!!

i smoke have done for years! never been poorly with them yet tho i only smoke 10 a day

Igave up with Allan Carr too, went to see Jason Vale in Birmingham 8 years ago and have never touched one since.

I confess.. die hard smoker.
Years ago, as a hairdresser, went through 3pks a day when it was still ok to smoke in public.
Now, smoke about 15-20 a day.
Have tried several times to quit... to no avail.. the minute I start screaming at my kids, I give up. Dont like screaming at them.:cry:

At the end of this month, a new law is going into effect in Quebec. No more smoking in restaurants and bars and that sort of thing. No smoking rooms anywhere. UGH.

Guess it's time to try to quit again.
If not for me, then for my kids:!:

fyi: doesn't cost me much as I live next to an Indian reserve and get my smokes there tax-free. It costs me 20$ cdn for a bag of 200 smokes (equivalent of a carton). Still too much to spend on cancer sticks.. but in the stores, it's more like 80$ a carton now. :eek:

Latest posts

Back