so who are the smokers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how many of you smoke and how many a day

• Total voters
im guilty also, gave up when i was pregnant and agan 5 yrs ago for 6 weeks, the pains i had in my chest and shoulder blades from all the coughing should have been enough to put me off for life BUT no, started again and now smoke around 10 a day, a little more if im stressed out!:irked:

I put 20 to 30 but it is more if i have a bevvy or two !
I know it's a filthy stinky habbit,and the thought of me leaving my little man before i should breaks my heart,but i can not find it in me to stop,not only the will power but the desire.I enjoy smoking but i really wish i had never started !

I've never tried it & never will smoke, my grandad died of lung cancer when i was little & someone told me he died because he smoked so it put me off for life! xx

i used to smoke about 10 a day but stopped when i found out i was pregnant now i cant stand the smell i would never smoke again

Ok, I voted 10-20 but most days its only 2 or 3 and some days none but then if I'm drinking probably about 20 in a night - lol. Would love to give up just haven't yet - if it was banned in public places I would give up a lot easier! x

used to smoke 20 to 30 a day, gave up about 12 years ago. most of the time, I think it stinks and I cant stand it when someone has just had a fag and they get in the car. but every now and then, I guess when I'm stressed, I find my self breathing realy deep when I'm stood next to some one who's smoking, some times its the best smell in the world.
Trust me though, its the most disusting taste ever.:irked:

Martigirl said:
thank you without sounding obsessed a book was all it took Allen Carr "Easyway to stop smoking" and to be honest it was! hubby gave up at the same time. I had given up before, twice for nearly a year each time, and other times for a few weeks, but now I genuinely don't think I will smoke again. Never say never but my head is in a completely different place about it now.

I was a smoker until last year - Allen Carr also.

Definately worth a read!

If it doesnt work for you, you probably havent quite read it right - try it again and see.

nope, i dont smoke (well have a burning desire to have a fag when i have had a drink??whats that all about????) but on the whole nope i hate it:eek:

Nope never have never will - just cant understand the smoking thing, its gross IMHO.
Bars and resturants are a pleasure now that smoking has been banned ~ its funny to see smokers cowered outside in the cold sucking on their fags.

Bagpuss said:
i am a smoker but i totally agree with you lily....if a pub has a pub garden i would rarther go out there to smoke....it does get too much. I smoke in pubs and clubs cos i am allowed too...if i wasnt and no-one else was then it wouldnt bother me.

Hi, just wait till the ban heads down south, u might change ur ideas then, our local nightclub has a 40-50 min waiting time to GET OUT for a cig, not to mention the 3 flights of stairs to go up and down for a cig..:cry:

Any street you drive down now, has a bunch of people huddled round an ashtray outside smoking away...thats not such a nice site, a few pubs here have made beer gardens to provide us smokers a little luxury...:hug:

but as for me... I wont give them the opportunity, I have given up pubs and clubs in Scotland..I do not agree someone else decides for me.. infact, if a repairman is coming to your house ie - dishwasher not working - u cant even smoke in that room in ur own home for 2 hrs before his visit (usually between 9 and 6pm...they cant give specific apps):rolleyes:

Its good to hear I am not the only smoker who enjoys their cigs... I feel bad saying that to anyone...

perfect ten said:
how did you quit, because i would like to quit also.
anybody ever tried the chewing gum, heard they taste really bad.

I have 3 or 4 clients who have paid about £250 for hypnosis and still stopped...not even bothered about having one...

chewing gum prob cheaper to try...
there is also health kicks going on all around scotland at moment...u join a smokers club type thing, and u go once a week for a meeting, and u get the patches free... (and the gum I think)... instead of weight watchers:lol: its
fag watchers :green:

nemotail said:
Nope never have never will - just cant understand the smoking thing, its gross IMHO.
Bars and resturants are a pleasure now that smoking has been banned ~ its funny to see smokers cowered outside in the cold sucking on their fags.

Hey,
with quotes like that, no wonder u have the billy no mates status!!:hug:
(couldnt resist) (no offence..fellow jock..):smack:

Scotlands pubs are empty now but streets outside full of people smoking, its intimidating walking pasts these crowds on an evening, you cant even smoke in a sheltered bus stop and fined 50.00 if caught stamping out on the street, which is fine but if there is no bin around for miles you have to hold onto your butt.

I beleive that the reason you tend to put on weight after quitting is due to the fact that smoking quickens your motabolism, so when given up it slows down or goes back to normal so you dont burn as many calories as you did when smoing.

I am on about 40 a day now,read Allan Carr 4 times stopped each time but just for one day, I have an appointment at the end of June at one of his clinics.

I don't know how to vote. I'm not smoking at the moment but I'm such a good quitter, I like to do it on a regular basis:lol: It changes from one day to another. Even when I'm not smoking I still have the occassional puff.

i smoke 10/20
a day .....i gave up for 5 years, but started again last year when i was drunk ...and i really wish i hadnt i hate doing it ,i smoke menthol though (not that that makes a difference like)
and weirdly i do still think of myself of a none smoker sometimes ??????????

MINKUS said:
nope, i dont smoke (well have a burning desire to have a fag when i have had a drink??whats that all about????) but on the whole nope i hate it:eek:

same here - strange innit! i dont smoke though, never will. its maybe the smoky atmoshere when your out that makes you fancy one!! xx

Don't smoke - never have done or wanted to - now if you had said who is a drinker - I would have had to say guilty as charged :lol:

I am a smoker too_Only about 8-10 a day. I said the only time I will stop is when I am expecting a baby.

I don't smoke around children, I think it is really unfair. But about the rest I don't really care about.

ValencianNails said:
You know... firstly I think it's fab being able to pick 'em up and put 'em down again like that... but I don't understand HOW ??????????
My hubby goes to work every morning without any cigs in his pocket, he doesn't smoke all day, comes home anywhere between 4 and 7pm and promptly has a cuppa and a cig... WHY IS THIS????
I wish I could do the same.
It's made even worse (for my understanding of it) because he can go to the bar and smoke a packet of 20 yet go to work with none again the next bloomin' day !!!!!!!!
I don't get it.

I used to do this. Would NEVER have a ciggie at work then come home, take the dog out, meet my mate and her dog and have a couple whilen we were out walking then go to hers or mine for a cuppa and another one or two. Then that would be it till the next night. It never bothered me at work but as soon as I met her out we couldnt wait to light up! And when we went out clubbing we would go through about 40 between us on a night out. At least! When I moved in with my hubby, he hates smoking so i stopped for a while but whenever we had a drink i would want a ciggy. I never smoked sober again but would always get a pack of ten for the weekend. When we bought a newer house we said no smoking in the house so I would sit at the patio doors and smoke there, again only after a drink but eventuallyI stopped altogether. That was 3 years ago and never smoked since. Now I go and visit my old mate cos she has moved just round the corner and she is a chain smoker now, and when I leave her house I absolutely STINK and I cant wait to get home and chuck my clothes in the wash, and even have to spray my hair cos I cant bear the smell!

Latest posts

Back