Soak off gel question....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have 2 questions; number one, does anyone else agree that some soak off gels are harder than other soak off gels? For example I love biosculpture and use it but one client prefers OPI axxium soak off and it definately feels harder than biosculpture. I've heard bio is coming out with Flexigel, another hard top coat, but it won't be available in the states until April 2010.

Second, some clients nails break on the sides way down after having the bio on for a couple weeks. Has anyone seen this?

Thank you all so much!!!!

Terri

i'd agree with you.

i am bio trained but primarily use lechat nobility soak off gel. its definately harder than bio.

I have used alot of gels in the past and some have been stronger than others...Bio is very flexible and so great for NNO...but for long nails or over tips a non soak off gel wins hands down IMO

The general rule of thumb is that the faster and easier it is to soak off, the more susceptible to solvents the product is: therefore the faster it soaks off, the less desirable as a substitute/replacement for an enhancement service.

Many customers only need a thin, easy to soak product to protect their nails however some women need a non soak gel or L&P system. I think its crazy when people try to use 1 system for all nail types :)

I only use Bio for NNO's
For extensions, I use Christrio's soak off builder gel. It's way stronger

hi have you tried nsi LP system they avail in USA, or Calgel ?
I find u can mix acrylic with gel and it lasts longer wont lift and also stronger.
However I still rekon acrylic is the best.

Essentially bio sculpture and Calgel used to be same company years ago they had a fight then broke away into 2 diff companies, since then bio has decided to improve their product by adding so many different new products you need like 3 gels or more to do overlays where as in my opinion u just well used one gel like calgel one gel for all layers, and it works out much cheaper too. My clients prefer it to the Bio but Bio sculpture really do market themselves very well and push their product so mayeb call them ask them for help. By the way the flexi gel is avail in south africa already since last year... so tell them to move it!!

hi have you tried nsi LP system they avail in USA, or Calgel ?
I find u can mix acrylic with gel and it lasts longer wont lift and also stronger.
However I still rekon acrylic is the best.
Hi ,do you mean mix both acrylic and gel ( like Michelle Porters Acrygel) or Layer of acrylic then layers of gel?

hi everyone,master nail tech two salons too.i want to use bio sculpture gel but they are saying ive gotta do the damm course even thou im qualified in brisa,does anyone know of where i can buy cheap bio gel without doin the training???? or cheap training??

hi everyone,master nail tech two salons too.i want to use bio sculpture gel but they are saying ive gotta do the damm course even thou im qualified in brisa,does anyone know of where i can buy cheap bio gel without doin the training???? or cheap training??

bio sculpture only sell to techs who have done their training.
you would only need to do the 1 day conversion course though if you are already qualified.

Hi, I trained with Bio Sculpture, you can do the course without buying the lamp, and although it seems a lot of money, when you take off the value of the products in the kit the course isn't that expensive.
There isn't anything in the kit you won't need and if your planning on offering Bio Sculpture in your salons you will need the products to get going.
Also if you do the course you will then be able to show the rest of your staff and know they cant leave you and take your clients, without doing the course for them selves.
Although you might want to use your other products, by using all the Bio Sculpture range, you will get to see just how good it is as the whole package.
Their retail stuff is very good value too, and I just love the fact they do matching nail varnishes for almost all their 100 or more colours.
I have also been using other gels but I do seem to keep going back to Bio Sculpture, especially if a clients nails need TLC after having them do in those awful cheap Chinese nail bars
Good luck and I don't think you will be disappointed.

Glad to hear this as I have just booked to train with Bio Sculpture! :hug:

Hi

you can buy nsi illusion soak-off gel :)

Hi, try the new FlexyGel from Spa Products International. I find it just as good to use as some of Bio Sculpture gels and similar to Calgel. No problems so far apart from having to work quickly with it, but then any good nail tech can improve on that.
I would suggest going on their website to look for more information.x

:rolleyes:hi i would love to know what soak off is best apart from bio as its too expensive......i need one as good,repertable and durable with colours clints will love.i saw canada's akzentz gelbut where do u buy the soak off in uk? have emailed them in canada but nothing bak so far any one help....:)

:rolleyes:hi i would love to know what soak off is best apart from bio as its too expensive......i need one as good,repertable and durable with colours clints will love.i saw canada's akzentz gelbut where do u buy the soak off in uk? have emailed them in canada but nothing bak so far any one help....:)

Nails Plus Beauty - home page

Thanks ladies for all your responses.

One question however was overlooked; has anyone found that some clients nails after having a soak off gel nno on, 2 weeks or so after the nail breaks on the side way down?

Is this because its grown out some and theres no gel really there on the side to protect it, and if so I've been telling them to file the nail length down a little?

Thanks!!
Terri

Thanks ladies for all your responses.

One question however was overlooked; has anyone found that some clients nails after having a soak off gel nno on, 2 weeks or so after the nail breaks on the side way down?

Is this because its grown out some and theres no gel really there on the side to protect it, and if so I've been telling them to file the nail length down a little?

Thanks!!
Terri

Yes i have found this with Calgel if they grow quite long but if you build in your arches and strength with clear this stops this.It really depends on the client and their nails some just want a permanent colour have their nails quite short and their nails are strong anyway so you can put the colour on more or less like polish and just use colour with no clear others if they want them longer or the nails are very weak need the addition of strength with the clear gel and you do need to build for added strength.
I use the 3 sausages up the middle and both sides which gives strength and a nice shape.

Thanks for your response.

Yes i find it only happens with people that have weaker or thinner nails. When you put the three sausages on the nail do you have to buff after?

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back