some people are so bad mannered!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buggy

Reaction score
Just been to the cinema to watch King Kong (which was ace and made me cry) but i'm gonna ring up tomorrow and complain my ass off!

2 teenage boys were sitting in the row behind me and two girls came and sat behind me and my mom. Well, not only were they f*** this and f*** that (not only was my mom there but two other "oldies", i was cringing!) but the minute they sat down i got a boot in the back of my chair. i swear to God there is nothing more annoying than someone kicking the back of your chair. Also, the one girl was in such a bad mood, obviously one of the boys had dumped her ass and you should have heard her go on at him about how he was gay (he was with his mate) and she didn't even wanna f&&&ing sit there anyway (i think she was forced to coz her mate was going out with the other one) well, i stood it for 5 mins and then i just couldn't NOT say anything, so i turned round and SHE ONLY HAD HER FEET UP ON THE BACK OF MY CHAIR!!!. So i said, can you get your feet off my chair! her and her mate just looked at me. so i said "MOVE THEM!".

so she put them down and as i turned back round to watch the film she said something to her mate. that was it. turned back round and said, "you got something to say, then say it to my face (my mom's getting lower in her seat LOL) and then i pointed at the single one and said, "and if you don't wanna sit here because you think your blokes gay just because he's dumped your ass or woteva then move, and don't take it out on the people around you". well, that sorted it. for half and hour! then boot boot boot. so i stood up and said "i've asked you once, if you kick the back of my chair again i'll get the manager to sort it out". she goes "i aint even got my feet up" so i said "no you haven't but your kicking it so keep your feet away from my chair". (had visions of them putting chewing gum in my hair later on in the film but i must have frightened her when i stood up!)

But that's not the best of it.... the girl two seats to my left had her feet up on someone else's chair, in fact, she had them up, then she took them down, then she put them back up.... an old guy was sitting in front and i don't know what the hell he thought.

Then, the cinema was packed and there were two people sitting with one spare seat either side. a couple came up and asked if they would mind moving up one seat so they could sit together and THEY REFUSED! then they all had words as well. What is the matter with people?? is it just me getting old or do people not have manners anymore. they wouldn't even have had to ask me, i would have moved up when i realised they were coming down the row and the only two seats were either side of me!

why don't cinema's allocate seats to stop this. everytime i go to this particular cinema there's trouble like this, i swear its got bad karma or something. or maybe its just wot my mom said, what's happened to ushers to sort out problems like this. my sister said she saw someone complain about the same thing and the staff didn't do anything and the woman ended up leaving with her child because then the lads were mouthing of at her for complaining (but then wot do you expect when there is no staff there over the age of 14 i think!)

right, thanks, got that off my chest now (still wanted to punch the cow 5 mins ago).

and breathe...........................its the young uns of today i think..............god knows where they get there breeding from but politeness and courteousy is not a strong point.

Its normally ATTITUDE and CONFRONTATION and COCKINESS and AM I BOVVERED???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Whats the world coming to........................s*&t i sound like my grandpa!

Ambx

i know where you're coming from on sounding like your grandmother. does this just happen to you when you get over 30??? it was like they looked at me like "woteva". *@&%!!!! Well i'm not scared of a bunch of teenagers ...ok, so they might be loaded with weapons but "am i bovvered" (obviously that's why i could hear my heart pounding when i sat back down LOL) my poor mom was sinking lower and lower in her seat (she's never seen me kick off, it don't happen very often).

I'm sorry that u had a bad xperience. I've gotta say that my xp with most people has been awful. It has been a real yoyo of a life. U have the obnoxious teenagers who think that life owes them something then u have other aged peeps who just think about themselves. When I was on my CND course last year all the girlies went maccy ds. 1 of the young lads got an order totally wrong & the super. went mad as did the customer. He was new - - why not give him a break???

Yet - there were young lads kicking a football @ our bay window - when challenged all u got was a load of abuse?? y ??? what has happened 2 the world?

I don't understand:confused:

Take care all bye 4 now

Glad i'm not the only one who feels they sound like their mother/grandmother:eek: scarey stuff lol! We actually travel further to go to a cinema where there are usher/usherettes and you get allocated a seat although obviously you pay a bit more, but, hey, you do actually want to be able to listen to a film!

Sorry folks, and here comes my mothers voice, it is to do with a lack of respect. Kids are left to their own devices nowadays, watching TV, playing with their playstations, i reckon children get far too many toys etc, which they then exspect, and don't necesarily appreciate. I also think us mothers have made a rod for our own back trying to juggle careers and family, rather than being stay at home mums. That's 'cos we can't afford to....we've got to buy those x boxes etc!

I think we need, as a society to stop and make time to spend with the kids, rather than leave them to entertain themselves, like back in the good old days, in fact only yesterday i spent 15 minutes with my son trying to coax him to get up and clean the chimney!

Suey I couldn't agree more!!

Toni why do you think I'm emigrating? Nuff said!!

This is all so true...you know when i was a teenager i didn't dare speak to my elders like that. I was gobby to other kids my own age but not to people who where older than me.

I remember a few years ago i was with my kids and about to go into a shop...there was a gang of about 5 girls all spitting and swearing...I was looking over at them and one said "who the f**k are you looking at"...i said "you !!! i don't like your language around my kids" she said "well they will start swearing soon enough anyway so whats your problem" i couldn't believe the lip of this girl...i told her that my kids wouldn't use language like that cos i wouldn't bring them up to be scumbags like her...with that she replied "yeah they will just grow up to be mingers like you" !!!!! i don't know how i held myself back...i went into the shop as quick as i could for fear of kicking her ass and getting in trouble for it. Then while in the shop i was getting more and more angry...but felt i couldn't do anything cos i had the kids with me and didn't want to upset them.

I took the kids home and was so tempted to go back...but i didnt...i let it go...but then thats why they do it and get away with it...cos people are worried that they will get into trouble....maybe a good slap round her spiteful little face would bring her down a peg or too.

A while ago...a man of 75 was walking through our village and a group of girls threw eggs at him...he was so angry and decided to stand up to them...he scraped it off his coat and wiped it on the girls top....next day in the paper it said that a girl had been sexually assaulted in the street and to look out for this man....he went to the police to tell them what happened and he was done for it...poor bloke...the little bitch didn't say why he had touched her in the first place.

Toni Talons said:
Just been to the cinema to watch King Kong (which was ace and made me cry) but i'm gonna ring up tomorrow and complain my ass off!

2 teenage boys were sitting in the row behind me and two girls came and sat behind me and my mom. Well, not only were they f*** this and f*** that (not only was my mom there but two other "oldies", i was cringing!) but the minute they sat down i got a boot in the back of my chair. i swear to God there is nothing more annoying than someone kicking the back of your chair. Also, the one girl was in such a bad mood, obviously one of the boys had dumped her ass and you should have heard her go on at him about how he was gay (he was with his mate) and she didn't even wanna f&&&ing sit there anyway (i think she was forced to coz her mate was going out with the other one) well, i stood it for 5 mins and then i just couldn't NOT say anything, so i turned round and SHE ONLY HAD HER FEET UP ON THE BACK OF MY CHAIR!!!. So i said, can you get your feet off my chair! her and her mate just looked at me. so i said "MOVE THEM!".

so she put them down and as i turned back round to watch the film she said something to her mate. that was it. turned back round and said, "you got something to say, then say it to my face (my mom's getting lower in her seat LOL) and then i pointed at the single one and said, "and if you don't wanna sit here because you think your blokes gay just because he's dumped your ass or woteva then move, and don't take it out on the people around you". well, that sorted it. for half and hour! then boot boot boot. so i stood up and said "i've asked you once, if you kick the back of my chair again i'll get the manager to sort it out". she goes "i aint even got my feet up" so i said "no you haven't but your kicking it so keep your feet away from my chair". (had visions of them putting chewing gum in my hair later on in the film but i must have frightened her when i stood up!)

But that's not the best of it.... the girl two seats to my left had her feet up on someone else's chair, in fact, she had them up, then she took them down, then she put them back up.... an old guy was sitting in front and i don't know what the hell he thought.

Then, the cinema was packed and there were two people sitting with one spare seat either side. a couple came up and asked if they would mind moving up one seat so they could sit together and THEY REFUSED! then they all had words as well. What is the matter with people?? is it just me getting old or do people not have manners anymore. they wouldn't even have had to ask me, i would have moved up when i realised they were coming down the row and the only two seats were either side of me!

why don't cinema's allocate seats to stop this. everytime i go to this particular cinema there's trouble like this, i swear its got bad karma or something. or maybe its just wot my mom said, what's happened to ushers to sort out problems like this. my sister said she saw someone complain about the same thing and the staff didn't do anything and the woman ended up leaving with her child because then the lads were mouthing of at her for complaining (but then wot do you expect when there is no staff there over the age of 14 i think!)

right, thanks, got that off my chest now (still wanted to punch the cow 5 mins ago).

this happened to me on an aeroplane - they were foriegn and kept shouting in foriegn and kicking back of my chair and banging their table back up every 5 mins - and that was a long haul flight to LA. the youth of today have no respect for anyone, when i worked at the shop i was trying to reverse the van and some lad - about 13/14 stood right in my way - i asked him to move he said no - i said well i need to move this van now so u best move - he said i want u to run over me so i can sue you and get loads of money (showing off in front of his mates) - he would not move so my workmate came out (by this time his mates had gone in shop so he was on his own) - he started gobbing off to her shouting swearing etc - so she stuck the van in reverse and shot back it it - well i never seen anyone move so fast - they aint as cocky when their mates aint around. they used to hang around in big gangs and shout abuse at ppl as they came in shop we used to get a lot of people saying cant u move them?? as soon as u went out and asked them to move - u got abuse yourself. xx

Sigh - what's the world coming to! My daughter has just been dropped off at the Cinema with some friends and i hope she doesn't behave like this - I don't swear (unless I drop something on my toe etc..) I've seen the kind of language they use ( I check her MSN ....... daughter doesn't swear on it - but then she knows I check it but her friends do and they are only 12) I often wonder where i'm going so wrong, her friends think I'm a bitch coz she is constantly grounded, phone and internet taken off her etc.. Today is her frst day out from being grounded for a week, there is so much pressure with friends etc...and they all seem to lok up to Vicky Pollard as their idol. I wish I could wrap her in cotton wool and keep her home until she is 21! I didn't have any of this trouble with my boys!

My son is eight and usually a lovely boy BUT every so often has a go at being cheeky to adults. If I get wind of it.... OH MY GOD!!!
I will always ask him WHY the hell he thinks he can speak to older,more experienced people like that? and more importantly, what the hell hes gonna do about it. (obviously this comes AFTER a clip round the earhole) I know hes a lad and boys will be boys (HA!!!) but he will always be asked to justify that behaviour and make up for it.
I feel like Im fighting a losing battle sometimes as most of his friends get away with this behaviour, and I really wish other parents would step in and shake their little darlings by the scruff of the neck.

tamimac said:
My son is eight and usually a lovely boy BUT every so often has a go at being cheeky to adults. If I get wind of it.... OH MY GOD!!!
I will always ask him WHY the hell he thinks he can speak to older,more experienced people like that? and more importantly, what the hell hes gonna do about it. (obviously this comes AFTER a clip round the earhole) I know hes a lad and boys will be boys (HA!!!) but he will always be asked to justify that behaviour and make up for it.
I feel like Im fighting a losing battle sometimes as most of his friends get away with this behaviour, and I really wish other parents would step in and shake their little darlings by the scruff of the neck.

I agree with what you say about other parents - and why do most parents feel they are the only ones whose child isn't allowed to do something - but al their mates can - Kids know that they can get away with so much these days and therefore have no respect for others. I watched a teacher recently in school asking a boy to give her the piece of metal he was carrying because it was dangerous - he said I'll put it in the bin and she said no as somebody else may take it - he was very cheeky to her and she was saying please let me have it and giving him a big long explanation about how she could dipose of it properly and talking really nicely to him. He was rolling his eyes and walking off........ Ok he gave it to her in the end but the point I'm trying to make is when i was a school it would have just been "Give that to me" end of!!

Bring back proper punishment and the cane and make kids show some respect!! -The cane was enough of a threat from stopping kids from doing things - Now i'm sounding like my mother!!!!

Suzie.e said:
Bring back proper punishment and the cane and make kids show some respect!! -The cane was enough of a threat from stopping kids from doing things - Now i'm sounding like my mother!!!!

Have to agree with you. All these human rights idiots get on my nerves, what about the rights of the good people? These kids act so badly beacuse they know they can. There's no deterrent, all they do is exclude people. A week off school? They don't want to be there anyway so they're given a holiday for behaving badly, really good deterrent that is - NOT!!!

Yup sassy totally agree, when I was at school in South Africa, we had really strict dicipline, maybe it was over the top, but hey, it worked and the kids knew that only the very best behaviour and real effort was acceptable.
Boys in my high school got 6 whacks with the cane and girls would get 2000 lines-to be done by the next day(on top of your homework).
And if my parents found out that I'd gotten in trouble at school OH BOY... they fully backed up the teachers and I knew thered be hell to pay at home.
In this country, it seems from talking to the other mums, if a kid is rude or naughty at school and the teacher tells them off, the parents get all hysterical and report the teacher, what kind of lesson for kids is that?

tamimac said:
In this country, it seems from talking to the other mums, if a kid is rude or naughty at school and the teacher tells them off, the parents get all hysterical and report the teacher, what kind of lesson for kids is that?

It's the same thing here, maybe even worse, parents running around acting if their children has sprouted wings and fly everywhere...If you complain to a parent about one of these out of control children, you are likely to have a fight on your hands. What happened to the day when you got in trouble away from home the neighbor lady or whoever else had every right to tan your behind and then when they drug your little behind home you got it from your parents too?? That's why children have no respect for their parents least alone anyone else.

When I was in school and my best girlfriend and I use to that the bus home, we would sit and be loud and obnoxious...until such time as an older or elderly person got on the bus then we had enough respect to SHUTUP!! Kids nowdays don't care I have gotten on the bus with some school kids and it is like riding with a bunch of little sailors, and they don't even TRY to lowere their voices or anything.

I will admit, I tried to beat the hell out of my son on numerous occasions, most of which was when he wanted to be more of a man than I am a mom...I don't have to take lip from nothing that I GAVE BIRTH TOO!! and he knows he better not go mouthing off to anyone else either!!

ARGHHHHHHH TEEENAGERS!!!
(Feel like I'm having one of my journal flashbacks!!)

Ms.Matrix said:
It's the same thing here, maybe even worse, parents running around acting if their children has sprouted wings and fly everywhere...If you complain to a parent about one of these out of control children, you are likely to have a fight on your hands. What happened to the day when you got in trouble away from home the neighbor lady or whoever else had every right to tan your behind and then when they drug your little behind home you got it from your parents too?? That's why children have no respect for their parents least alone anyone else.

When I was in school and my best girlfriend and I use to that the bus home, we would sit and be loud and obnoxious...until such time as an older or elderly person got on the bus then we had enough respect to SHUTUP!! Kids nowdays don't care I have gotten on the bus with some school kids and it is like riding with a bunch of little sailors, and they don't even TRY to lowere their voices or anything.

I will admit, I tried to beat the hell out of my son on numerous occasions, most of which was when he wanted to be more of a man than I am a mom...I don't have to take lip from nothing that I GAVE BIRTH TOO!! and he knows he better not go mouthing off to anyone else either!!

ARGHHHHHHH TEEENAGERS!!!
(Feel like I'm having one of my journal flashbacks!!)
Hee HEE, my mom had a saying.... "I bought you into this world, I can take you out" scared the living daylights outta me...

Oh dear - I'm feeling so old!

tamimac said:
Hee HEE, my mom had a saying.... "I bought you into this world, I can take you out" scared the living daylights outta me...

I tell my son that ALL THE TIME!!!

o god, i can feel it boiling up inside of me again just reading your threads!!! i remember when my brother got in trouble at school, the head called my parents to go down and when they got there they asked for their permission to give him the cane.

my brother was horrified when my parents said YES! and he got it! This is how parents should act. my mom and dad never beat me, but i did get a good hiding for doing wrong! and teachers and parents used to stick together.

you're so right bring it corporal punishment back. Nailstyle, that is terrible about that old man. its right, if you stand up for yourself look what happens! at best you get done for assault and at worst you get stabbed!

Sass... can i come with you hun?.. my mom is always going on at me to learn another language and go abroad because this country is the pits.

i hate to think of what the next generation will be like. i make my kids act respectfully or they can live in their bedroom with nothing to do. just last month a 96 year old man waiting for the bus had a bottle smashed in his face by a 'young woman'. the cane needs to be brought back and more jails built-get rid of the style of jail they have now which seem to be like a resort. there seems to be not many parents who can be bothered teaching their children respect, theres no consequences, theyre given too much freedom and no responsibilities.:evil:

Yup, Im feeling ancient too, but its true, when I was a kid a bit of lip or smartmouth was the worst we tried and my god the backlash even from that was severe. Kids have been wrecked by too little dicipline. Dont get me wrong, I would NEVER advocate beating children, BUT its a well known law of nature, pain usually prevents us making the same mistakes twice. I told my son 20times not to touch plug sockets, no result.... one sharp tap on the hand (only a tap, I never took the belt to him) and he never did it again.
If those teenagers thought there was even a remote possibility that the oldies involved in these incidents would clip them round the earhole or kick their asses, they would never even have started!:irked:

Latest posts

Back