Something New for us to try (acrylic rings)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
omg - im hypoventilating i NEED to make a ring!! will be having a go tonight while im watching tele xx

thanks for the pics i cant get to the site :)

Somebody has got me hooked.............You'll pay for this!!!!

Attachments

• Ring3.JPG
    Ring3.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 590
Wow, you lot are so talented.

I may just have to have a go at this myself.

I am busy for the next couplf days, but will have to have a go.

You lot make this look so easy.:sad:

We could have a geek ring competition!!! :) xx

Design a ring and nails to match (we've done toes/shoes and nails/dresses so how about rings/nails?)

edit: OK have just seen Mrs. Clooneys thread (duh) you beat me too it! if you need a hand let me know xx

Wow!

Im really loving the acrylic rings!!!

I did have a go myself when i saw this thread last night, it turned out ok, cant show picture though :cry:

We could have a geek ring competition!!! :) xx

Design a ring and nails to match (we've done toes/shoes and nails/dresses so how about rings/nails?)

edit: OK have just seen Mrs. Clooneys thread (duh) you beat me too it! if you need a hand let me know xx

Does this mean I can put your name on the list too????????

Go on then - i aint promising a work of art but ill give it a go !! xx

I have made one today but will save it for the comp lol

hi to all, lovely ring ladibgenimi!:hug:They're ALL are very nice!
now you could start with earings and pendants.
you need:

- thin metal wire (1 mm diameter max) brass, silver, copper
- light chain in the same metal (20 cm minimum)
- little medals in any metal, also plastic.
- round pliers with small points
- blue tack

You need the wire to prepare a hook for your ear. at one end open (to enter your lobe) at the other end round it with your pliers and thread a 5 cm chain, then cut.

Do the same with your medal. Shape a little piece of wire as an 8 and thread it into the medal and the chain.
Now you can stick the medal on a piece of blue tack and start working with L+P .
Gook work!:)

p.s. I don't have any L+P, ordered some on e-bay but is stuck at Italian customs:green:CIAO!

Really must have a go at this :lol: If i can produce the work i 've seen on here it will save me a small fortune buying rings to match my nails:lol:

Really must have a go at this :lol: If i can produce the work i 've seen on here it will save me a small fortune buying rings to match my nails:lol:

So do we have another taker for the Geek of the Ring challenge???????

I'M UP FOR A PLAY I LOVE ALL YOUR DESIGNS CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE A GO

EM YOU'VE STARTED SOMETHING NOW YOU LITTLE GEM XX:hug: XX

They all look fantastic, welldone to everyone and good luck in the comp!! I will have a play when I get 5 seconds spare!! xx

If peeps can send me or Mrs Clooney a message to say they want to have a go at the ring challenge it would be great, also we ned to know how much time u guys would like to produce your works of art, it's all very well us saying 5 or 7 days but work and home commitments make this difficult for some.

I am just waiting for Mrs C to come online to go through a few details but the general idea is that we have 5 geeks making their rings and matching nails sometime soon and then when they go onto a poll the next 5 can start working. So far we have 10 geeks on the list so watch this space if you've signed up for it lol.

Hugs Rachel xxxx

I made one for my daughter today, she turns 4 in July so you can imagine how small it is.

Only one problem was I did a big no no and mixed brands as I'd run out of the monomer that goes with my powder.
It is like rubber, but hey it means it's more flexible for my littlin.

I made it with clear powder and embedded some silver stars in it.
I wont upload a picture as it is a bit rough around the edges because I couldnt file it so I had to trim the edges, but my daughter was desperate for it by this point.

I will have another go once I've bought some more monomer.

Once I'd measured the form out I put it over a pen to keep the shape as it was so small!:eek:

Latest posts

Back