Something New for us to try (acrylic rings)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic!!!!! wish I knew how to do them. Would love if you could pm the steps.

Fantastic!!!!! wish I knew how to do them. Would love if you could pm the steps.
Take a look in the pictures of emma's first post on this thread, it's simple to read from the pic's on how it's done.

Well here's my effort! Tried to match my nails. Def need more practice but this is fun!
matching acrylic ring.jpg

All your efforts are fantastic girls, they look brilliant to me! Well done!:green:

I am gagging to try this out, but I only have white, pink and clear acrylic :cry:

Might just try a clear one and paint it for now, see if the salon owner will let me play with some glitters next week! :green: Or maybe white with silver rhinetones??? Minimal look????

Big thank you to Emmsybabes for posting!:hug:

It looks like you have started a new trend Emma.. they look great and I love the one you did on your little girl. I reckon you will be in-undated with orders next week at school lol!

Thanks for showing us how to do them... :hug:

Just how clever are you at finding these gems of inspiration, rep to emma :hug: , all of the rings that have been made so far by all of you are great, and yes i will be joining in the fun and haveing a go soon

well im chuffed at the response to this :green:
everyone i have shown so far loves them ..they say "oh yeah thats nice....what you made it !!!! :eek: , can i have one " :green:

I cant wait till tomorrow so i can make some more ....what the heck might even make some earrings and a pendant and do a full set lol ,
cant wait to see everyones pics xxx

as if I dont change my nails often enough already, lol , now ill have to do it nightly to match my rings for the next day hahaha.

Great idea!!
If I get time soon I will have a try...my little girl will have a ring to match every party dress from now on.

Do we know how strong they are? ie will they withstand being worn everyday, getting wet etc? I'm guessing you have to make them quite thick, right?

(Yes I know its the same acrylic as we do our nails with, but am just asking!)

Will they need a rebalance? lol:green:

Wow emmsy and Angie fab girls I will so have to try this :)

Do we know how strong they are? ie will they withstand being worn everyday, getting wet etc? I'm guessing you have to make them quite thick, right?

(Yes I know its the same acrylic as we do our nails with, but am just asking!)

Will they need a rebalance? lol:green:
well i must have dropped my daughters one about 50 times while trying to file the fiddly little fiddler :evil:
and they bounce pretty well :green:

well i must have dropped my daughters one about 50 times while trying to file the fiddly little fiddler :evil:
and they bounce pretty well :green:

excellent!:green: I will have a go tomorrow and will post if I am any good!

those rings look great!
i made three today, trying to figure out how to post pictures!!!

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

i think they look really pretty.well done everyone.:)

I've had a few tries, with L&P and uv gel... so far, not enamoured with my efforts BUT i will get this. LOL

So far, I do like what everyone else has done!

Im obsessed :eek: I just made a few more !
guess who's kids are making their own brekkie in the morning :green:

You got me........and I couldn't resist.:)

Here's my first attempt!

Attachments

• Ring2.JPG
    Ring2.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 487
VERY pretty, Jules!

I like very much:!: :!: .

If we sold these... how much should they sell for? They're not hard.... nor time consuming.........
What would be fair, but make them sell EASY?

VERY pretty, Jules!

If we sold these... how much should they sell for? They're not hard.... nor time consuming.........
I think it would be a while before I could sell them! Took me flipping ages!!

At this rate I'd say £15.00 each!:lol:

VERY pretty, Jules!

lol are you joking Hun :eek: took me flipping hours lol
only messing Hun xx xx
they did take me ages though, I suppose it would get quicker the more you do,
I was thinking about £3-4 ish once the timings are down

I'm going to get some tool bits and bobs next week i think to make it a bit easier ,
like some different size dowel rods ,
I thought this would be good for ring sizing , you can just slip clients ring on to find the correct size , and then keep another of each size to use to support the form , and hold while you build the ring .
I think ill see if i can find anywhere that sells earing bits too , so i can have a go at them :lol:

By the time my business is set up and running ill have a warehouse full of rings to sell Lol :green:

yay jules you joined in ...I knew you would'nt be able to resist lol
its lovely hun xxx

Latest posts

Back