Something New for us to try (acrylic rings)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought this would be good for ring sizing , you can just slip clients ring on to find the correct size , and then keep another of each size to use to support the form , and hold while you build the ring .
:lol:

Check ebay for jewellers ring sizers, or even ask your local jeweller if they would be willing to help you source some.

Thanks emmsy for the link, such a exciting idea..the most exciting one in ages! Have had a play today..made mine too large..tried it on my big toe but was too small for that:lol: Made one for my daughter..clear with sparkles and flowers..and it actually fits her! This will keep me busy and out of trouble for weeks:)

hi all, lovely rings. Being a jewellery maker, not a nail tech, I'm trying to figure out something with structure...why don't you try and build the acrylic on a metal ring of your size? you can go plain with crylic all around it as you've done so far or... try with a 3D and place the design in the centre.
:lol: ciao, ang
p.s. am I the only geek from Italy?

It looks great. Over here in the netherlands this is already a hitnumber as well for the last few weeks. I am still trying.

Minette

So cool, thx for sharing :Love:

They're absolutely brilliant... I wish I had the time and the energy to use L&P when not in work.... I want one... (sulking)!

Fab thread Emmysbabes xxx

I made one - quite similar in style to Angie's but different colour glitter. The first attempt I did was too thin and it snapped. But this second attempt is a bit on the chunky side for me - maybe incorporating a metal washer or something might give more strength.

I will try again LOL.

They're absolutely brilliant... I wish I had the time and the energy to use L&P when not in work.... I want one... (sulking)!

Fab thread Emmysbabes xxx

there , there hunny dont sulk ..:hug: do you want one of mine , I got millions lol ,
Ill make you a special one xxx

there , there hunny dont sulk ..:hug: do you want one of mine , I got millions lol ,
Ill make you a special one xxx

Would love one lol, you got too much time on your hands if you've made millions already!!

Get them on Ebay now !! xxx

well ..not millions lol i got 3 and one that will have to be an earring as it is tiny :green:
tell me what you would like and ill make you one xx

Well, here's my first attempt...............

Attachments

• Red ring.jpg
    Red ring.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 468
Oh my gosh, this is such a fab idea.

Well done you guys :)

wow is this something new or has the jewellery and rings been around for awhile, i also do scrapbooking and card making and with doing nails have wanted to maybe dabble with jewellery, the rings look swicked

How do you find out more about doing these please?? are they just in acrylic or gel as well?

Many thanks

Who dares attempt a bangle or anklet? The possibilities are endless.

For sizes qvc send out a great paper size guide when you sign up. Some jewelry sites have size guides for you to print off and pop a ring onto it to get the sizes.

Havent tried but Im defnitely going to - and all the first attempts I have seen are brilliant...well done everyone!!!

By the way I bought one similar to these on holiday - it was totally clear with a single diamond in - and I lost it!! It wasnt as good as what I have seen on here but then it was only about £2.

What a fantastic thread! All your rings are brilliant!

I'm sitting here wondering how to do a braclet/Anklet, it would need some give in it wouldn't it, imagine wearing one, if you banged it it would break straight away unless it was HUGE.

So, My Idea is, and feel free to shoot me here, BEADS. You could make any size, shape and colour bead you wanted with L&P, and string them on Bead thread, elastic, cat gut, anything!!!!!

I thing I am going to have a go at this later, I will let you all know how it goes and if my idea is PANTS with a capital P. i still dont know how to make the beads either lol, I thought maybe on them on a cocktail stick, you could turn the bead on the stick as it is curing to keep it free.

Gee Emma, you have started something now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sitting here wondering how to do a braclet/Anklet, it would need some give in it wouldn't it, imagine wearing one, if you banged it it would break straight away unless it was HUGE.

So, My Idea is, and feel free to shoot me here, BEADS. You could make any size, shape and colour bead you wanted with L&P, and string them on Bead thread, elastic, cat gut, anything!!!!!

I thing I am going to have a go at this later, I will let you all know how it goes and if my idea is PANTS with a capital P. i still dont know how to make the beads either lol, I thought maybe on them on a cocktail stick, you could turn the bead on the stick as it is curing to keep it free.

Gee Emma, you have started something now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i've been using acrylic to make jewellery for ages. there are some pictures somewhere from way back when i first joined the site.

if you want to do beads, the best way is ti use a ready made plastic bead for the core, place it on a cocktail stick and build it to your requirements.

i also use glass beads and build 3d acrylic designs on them.

i have to say though i would think it would be quite expensive in terms of product to make bangles that were sturdy enough to withstand use.

if you are going to make beads, I would coat the cocktail sticks in oil or cling film or something,
good idea though xxxx

Latest posts

Back